1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jubilee

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Eliyahu, Mar 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where can I get the Jubilee?

I dont want this thread run long and wish to have it closed as soon as I get the answer. Thanks to all in advance.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
  3. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sorry, I should have written in a little more detail.
    I would like to have Jubilee, Apocrypha on-line, if available. I thought there were some sites for it.

4. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
  5. Eliyahu

Eliyahu Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Gold Dragon,

Thank you very much for the information.
    I think that is engough for me now.
    When I checked translation R.H. Charles site, it was not opened. I got it from the other column which may be still by R.H. Charles, I am not sure.
    The reason why I am looking for it is to verify Dead Sea Scrolls with Masoretic, and Targum Onkelos, with Jubilee.

Jubilee 13:10-16 is the story about Abram and Sarai. Genesis Apocryphon says they stayed in Egypt for 5 years until Sarai was taken away by Egyptians, and That is confirmed by Jubilee too.

13:11 says this:
    And Abram went into Egypt in the third year of the week

From Wesley Center site I notice the same:

Third year of the week doesn't make sense, which I would verify further.
    11 in the land. And Abram went into Egypt in the third year of the week, and he dwelt in Egypt
    12 five years before his wife was torn away from him. Now Tanais in Egypt was at that time built-

I don't know what is meant by "Tanais"

Onething I wanted to check with Jubilee was about the word Memre or Moreh in Genesis 12:6,7,8
    which translate as name of locations. But in Targum Onkelos it is mentioned as Teaching by Vision or Teacher by vision which result the following:
    Abram came to the place taught by vision from the LORD (v6)
    The Teaching by vision from the LORD appeared to Abram ( v 7) saying "Unto thy seed will I give this land"

there he built an altar according to the teaching by vision from the LORD, and called upon the name of the LORD according to the teaching by Vision ( called upon the name of the Teacher by Vision of LORD: Teacher-Messiah, Malack-Special Angel).

This type of difference resulted from the word Memre or Moreh which is translated by Bible as a geography but in Aramaic Targum is translated as Taught or Seen by Vision ( as we know it from Hebrew Rohe) We can think about it.

Thanks again.

[ March 25, 2006, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: Eliyahu ]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.