1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge: Keep Religion Out of Post Offices Run By Churches..

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by snrsvdbygrc, Apr 25, 2007.

1. snrsvdbygrc

snrsvdbygrc New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,268280,00.html

OK so a church can run a post office but dare they have anything sitting out saying what they do.

So then should Mailboxes etc. stop promoting the items they have for sale when a post office is in their store as well??

Then again, some food for thought, what if a mosque had a post office in it?

I have never seen a post office in a church, so that surprised me to begin with. What doesn't surprise me is judge saying how dare you have a tract laying out.

2. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

If it was my church, I would vote to let the goverment buy its own post office.

My response to the goverment would be "This is a church, it is what it is. If you dont want religion in our church because it has a post office in it, then remove your post office from our church."

Problem solved.

3. amity

amity New Member

If I am correct, then these small private post offices do make a little money off the deal, right? So this church must have taken some initiative on its own to have that post office there? The U.S.P.S. did not approach them one day and ask them to host a post office in their church? So it seems that the church may have had a combined monetary and evangelistic reason for doing so?

4. DeeJay

DeeJay New Member

But the big winner in church post offices is the goverment.

from the artical
    How much would it cost the goverment to build 5,200 buildings in 5,200 small towns. It may be a win win situation for the goverment who does not have to build building and the church who gets some money to run the post office. But if the goverment wants to remove religion from these churches I say let them build 5,200 new building that can be religion free.