1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge orders 'gay' agenda

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by hillclimber1, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hillclimber1

hillclimber1 Active Member
    Site Supporter

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

[/FONT]

[FONT=Palatino, Book Antiqua, Times New Roman, Georgia, Times]I see no problem with this statement. Is the alternative to teach hatred and exclusion of individuals based on sexuality? Ridiculous and unChristlike.
    [/FONT]

3. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Of course you don't. Acceptance of the Bible's denunciation of homosexuality is far from you. Therefore you have no problem with raising succeeding generations of children, with total acceptance of these dangerous, unhealthy sinfilled lifestyles. Your's is a new world viewpoint, steeped in the feel good religion of liberality. The Bible is only valuable to you and those like you, when it doesn't interfere with your hateful agenda. If then.

4. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Hahaaaa. I in no way discounted anything Scripture has said in my post. Hating people because of their sexual preference is not a spiritual gift. Loving people in spite of their differences is.

5. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Do elementary school children really need to read a gay love story? Avoiding situations like this does not mean we are attacking homosexuals. It simply means that some people do not feel that it is the school's place to legitimize a lifestyle offensive to a large segment of the population.

Should the schools blast gays? Of course not, but we don't need this.

6. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Should schools allow stories involving interacial couples, since this is offensive to a large part of the population?

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

Hillclimber, how do you propose to handle this problem?

I understand these parent's concerns; however, I think it is unreasonable for parents to expect that their children are not going to be taught some things in school that are contrary to what they personally believe. It is also unreasonable for a parent to expect that their child will be taken out of any class where this might happen.

I also think the judge was correct in telling the parents that other viable options are private or home schooling.

8. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

What do grade school age kids need to know about this evil lifestyle? Since when are 6-12 yr old kids needing an education about this sickening death style? As I recall, kids of that age are less concerned with this junk than sicko adults seem to be.

This is further proof (as if we NEED any) that our country never has been interested in Christian values.

Even so, come, LORD JESUS!

9. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Please don't trivialize racial issues by including lifestyle issues in it. The two are completely of a different nature.

Since free education is a right, will the judge pay for these alternatives? Why shouldn't he?

10. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The thing is that many students, perfectly straight themselves, are in such families. Should they be excluded and told their families aren't families?

11. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is the choice between a gay love story and absolute exclusion?

Is there no middle ground?

12. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's not a matter of just having gay characters in the story. The story is a blatant attempt to legitimize homosexuality.

These are second-graders. If we were talking about a novel in a 9th grade class, then I wouldn't be so upset. There are issues that are going to be offensive to many different people, and we can't just avoid them. I will grant you that, but I don't believe that second-graders are old enough to engage these issues appropriately.

Why can't we keep the social indoctrination out of the equation until the children are of an age to effectively engage the material?

13. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

How does not reading a book about homosexuality tell some children that their families aren't families? What did I miss there? Why not just keep quiet about it? Why does anything need to be said?

14. hillclimber1

Site Supporter

Read it closer. It is the acceptance and promotion of the homosexual lifestyle that is demanded by this judge, acting on behalf of that agenda.
    U.S. District Judge Mark L. Wolf yesterday dismissed a civil rights lawsuit brought by David Parker, ordering that it is reasonable, indeed there is an obligation, for public schools to teach young children to accept and endorse homosexuality.
    There is no possible way a Christian can condone that.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I see. Some kinds of discrimination, injustice, and open abuse are OK. Other kinds aren't.

:laugh:

16. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Because the earlier you teach someone not to be a bigot, the better.

17. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Where is the discrimination, injustice and open abuse in the OP? Since some like raping women, should we cater to them, also with stories to our kids? Some adults like molesting children, do we teach this to our kids, too?

18. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

When one is arguing apples, it is inadvisable to use oranges as examples.

19. av1611jim

av1611jim New Member

Who is telling them their families aren't really families within the context of what the schools teach them?

I see the majhor problem here is too many adults like yourself are projecting YOUR views upon CHILDREN who could care less what YOU think. Children of this age group do not NEED your agenda crammed down thier throats by the evil and wicked Sodomite proponents. And the soonoer your ilk get a clue about what REALLY goes on in themind of a CHILD the better.

Let them be children for God's sake!

20. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So is simply not endorsing homosexuality bigotry?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.