1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judge orders 'gay' agenda

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by hillclimber1, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hardly apples and oranges...sin is sin. You seem to think a certain sin should be constitutionally protected. I think it's discrimination, injustice and open abuse to cater to only one group of sinners, then. Under your thinking, they should all be protected.

2. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I see. So if two people love each other and are committed to one another, it must be the same thing as rape, murder and child molestation in the eyes of the government.

Talking to you is like this: :BangHead:

3. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

The rapist loves raping.
    The child molester loves groping and having sexual contact with minors.
    I didn't mention murder, but I'm sure a murderer doesn't murder because he's forced to.

It's injustice to not allow these same rights since they "love" what they do, too. A homosexual lifestyle isn't about persons, it's about actions. It violates no constitutional right by omitting this action from childrens books. Period.

Your line of thinking for being "reformed" is anything but.

#23 webdog, Feb 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2007
  4. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why not have a children's book glorifying adultery?

5. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

I have read what WND said the judge said, but I don't have much faith in WND. However, if what you said is true and the homosexual lifestyle is being "promoted," I agree that it is wrong.

Also, the one thing that does bother me is the age of these children. It seem to me like these topics should not be discussed with children this young. They aren't interested in it and it has little or no effect on their lives.

6. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is exactly my point. I don't have a problem with the issue of homosexuality being discussed whenever the students have psychologically developed a bit more.

7. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

When you come up with something new, let me know and we'll talk.

8. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No. Please thoughtfully consider what was being compared. You compared race (something you don't choose) to homosexual behavior (something you do choose). You compared race (something that is not a sin) to homosexuality (something that is a sin). You compared talking approvingly about race (something that is not a problem) with talking approvingly about homosexuality (something that is a problem).

So to quote you when one is arguing, it is inadvisable to use oranges as a comparison.

To suggest that approving homosexuality is bigoted is simply wrong. It is a gross redefinition of bigotry. If the school was teaching that we should kill or imprison homosexuals, than I would argue that is teaching bigotry. But that is a far cry from what the OP was about.

9. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Not according to many scientific studies.

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Scientists say we can choose race? :)

I know Michael Jackson tried...

11. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Sorry, I forgot to be painfully specific for your benefit. Scientific studies referring to homosexuality being a genetic, or at least predetermined, trait, not a choice or lifestyle.

12. Daisy

Daisy New Member

There were two books, "King and King" and "Who's in a Family?". I read some of the other articles on this continuing saga linked at the bottom - the graphic of the second book was in many. I was referring to that one - I realize that was not at all clear.

13. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Really?? I am not aware of any scientific studies that say that people do not have a choice about homosexual behavior. Can you link to some?

14. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

Ah, I see what you are saying. I don't know anything about the second book. But I see no reason for a school to delve into that kind of area. I see no problem teaching the biblical and traditional view of the family and omitting any discussion of alternatives.

15. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

I don't think that's permitted here. You're welcome to use Google on your own.

16. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why wouldn't links to scientific studies be allowed?
    Me thinks you have none.

Must be the same scientists that say we come from monkeys.

17. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

It's against the TOS to post things supporting homosexuality. I'm already in danger here with what I've posted, and I'm not going to go over the line and get banned because someone can't be bothered to Google.

18. Pastor Larry

Site Supporter

The truth is that there are no such links, TP. The studies you refer to suggest that homosexual orientation may be genetic. They do not suggest in any way that homosexual behavior is anything but a choice. If you notice my post, I was very specific about what I was referring to.

People do have a choice about who they are sexually active with. That is not forced on anyone but rape victims, and I assume you weren't talking about rape. Attraction may be genetic, or partially genetic. That's a different issue.

19. Daisy

Daisy New Member

The guy who is protesting the book "Who's in a Family?" because one of the families has two dads and one has two moms. He seems to think that only families like his are real families.

My view is that there are diverse families and that this is more about the children in the families than it is about the adults.

My agenda is each child's family should be tolerated (except the ones where members are abused). I'm not a proponent of evil and wicked Sodomites, but I recognise that they are people whose children deserve the same consideration as other people's children.

My ilk? What do you think my ilk think goes on?

My ilk isn't stopping them from being children. You seem to be the one who can't stop thinking about what goes on in the bedroom - I don't think that is any of my business, quite frankly. That is not what is being taught here.

20. StefanM

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My objections center mainly on "King and King" rather than the other book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.