1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgement Seat

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Berean, Sep 19, 2011.

1. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Is this really a judgement or more of an awards event? I understand thst the GWT Judgement wil be judgeing the unrigheous and the separation of "The sheep and the Goats".

2. DiamondLady

DiamondLady New Member

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

2Co 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

These verses are for believers and speak of the Bema Judgment where Christians will give account of their lives in Christ. I suppose it could be viewed as a "reward" seat, but I think it more of an accounting like the one found in Matthew 25. This won't be a punitive judgment, the Bema seat is not a judgment of sins, but of the work done for Christ. This judgment will take place immediately after the rapture of the church (yes, I know some disagree on this point), but I believe this to be so because of Rev 19:8
    This is where Christians are awarded the crowns mentioned in scripture, Incorruptible crown, Crown of Life, Crown of Rejoicing, Crown of Righteousness, and the Crown of Glory.

So while I can see how it could be thought of as an awards event, I think that would be in error and scripture studied more to see why it is not.

3. stilllearning

stilllearning Active Member

Hello Berean

You said.......
    While the Judgment seat of Christ will be for Christians only, the Great White throne Judgement will be for the unsaved only.

Those who stand at the Great White throne Judgement will all go into the lake of fire, but will be judged as to how deep they are thrown into it.
    While those who are at Judgment seat of Christ are all going to heaven, but will be judged as to how many rewards they will take with them.
    --------------------------------------------------
    We determine which judgment we will stand at, before we die:
    By how we respond to the Gospel!

4. Berean

Berean Member
    Site Supporter

Recognized for their deeds and recieve their crowns.

5. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is it possible for Judgment to carry with it some form of educational class?

6. ituttut

ituttut New Member

An interesting question fellow Berean. Good points made by DiamondLady, and stilllearning. To me the awards are given according to How we are Justified. I personally find a need to try to understand what Paul tells us in the conspicuous, and unequivocal statement we find in Romans3:30.

What I see scripture saying is the bema denotes a three -prong purpose. Of course this Judgment Seat is only for the Saved, and to be there means we have been judged to be righteous in Him Through faith, or by faith. To complete the Trinity of the Bema judgment, all manner of awards will be given. I really can't see all having a Crown given. Paul, I say yes, and so to Peter, John, and the accepted, and appointed Jewish Apostles. I'm sure others may not agree.

The Great White Throne Judgment is for the Unsaved, as been said here before. They wound up at this Judgment for they didn't believe God while they lived, and their works, even in doing food, cannot save them.