1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Judgment On The House of God Comes First

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Enow, Aug 30, 2009.

1. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have misrepresented the verse.

Phl 1:6Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform [it] until the day of Jesus Christ:

Christ is consistently performing His good work in His children UNTIL, not IN, the day of Jesus Christ. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God has prepared in advance for us to do (Eph 2:10).

1Th 5:9 For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
    1Th 5:10 Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

"Whether we wake or sleep", "God hath not appointed us to wrath". Verses 9&10 is a blessed promise.

Rom 8:1[There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

1Jo 2:19They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would [no doubt] have continued with us: but [they went out], that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.
    Jhn 8:31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, [then] are ye my disciples indeed;
    Jhn 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Scripture teaches that not all who tag along with the Way actually become born of God. There is no lie.

:jesus:

2. RAdam

RAdam New Member

Have you noticed what you skipped over? The texts where Paul says, "but ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his. And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness. But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.?

Ok, so Paul tells these brethren that they are regenerate children of God, and this is because the Spirit dwells in them. Of course he is talking to believers. But notice what he told them after that and directly before your verse. He says that because the Spirit that raised up Jesus dwells in them, God would raise their bodies from the dead as He did Jesus'. Paul doesn't say, if ye continue in good works, striving to the end, then God will raise you up. No, he says because the Spirit is in you; in other words, because God has regenerated you He will also raise and glorify your body. The cause of resurrection is not my perseverence but rather the indwelling Spirit, the very Spirit of Him that raised up Jesus, who came into me at regeneration and testifies of my sonship. It is at this point, the point is which Paul has explained to these brethren that they are regenerate and that their bodies shall be raised up like as Christ's was, that he exhorts them thus: "therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh." The "therefore" means you must look back and what came before. It builds on the ground Paul has laid, which is purely grace and is purely assurance of ultimate salvation to the child of God.

It is sad that people cannot understand the difference between an exhortation to godly living and a prerequisite for everlasting salvation. Just because Paul, or Jesus, or Peter, or any other scripture writer/speaker speaks of godly living doesn't mean they are telling us how to be saved to heaven. Salvation is of the Lord, and it is sure in Him. If God be for us, who can be against us? Who can lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? However, though we are secure in Christ, we are still exhorted to godly living. Why? Because God wants us to let our light shine so that others may see our good works and glorify Him.

3. Enow

Enow New Member

I will not argue the actual word, but I fail to see the difference between "until" and my use of the word "in" since both are referring to the day as you are using the scripture word of "performing" whereas I was using the word "finish". If I was using the word performing, then you would have a case for my misuse of the word "in" for meaning of that verse.

Albeit, one correction I shall yield to is that those left behind, the Lord will continue to perform His work in them since the only thing finished in that regard is that they are vessels unto dishonour in God's House, but the performance is being done by God the Father to chasten them so that they may be partakers of his holiness.

Not for those that have fallen away from the faith nor sown to the flesh to reap corruption. Jesus Himself said: Depart from me ye that work iniquity in Matthew 7:21-23 and yet we see in 2 Timothy 2:18-22 how those fallen away from the faith and those sowing to the flesh were to flee youthful lusts were to depart from iniquity because the consequences is to avoid being a vessel unto dishonour in God's House.

You cannot say that no believer will ever receive God's wrath for then there would be no need for this warning:

Ephesians 5:1Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; 2And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. 3But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; 4Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. 5For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God. 6Let no man deceive you with vain words: for because of these things cometh the wrath of God upon the children of disobedience. 7Be not ye therefore partakers with them. 8For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Again, this is in regards to the first inheritance as a vessel unot honour in God's House. This has nothing to do with salvation for it is not conditional.

James 5:12But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.

Think every believer heeded that warning? Those in the Promise Keepers' program have not. They are using God's grace to continue to "try" to be promise keepers, but they are living in sin as promise breakers. The only way God will forgive them is when they surrender from taking up those promises again and rest in His Covenant to us by believing in the Son of God that He will help us live as His... by faith in Him alone and not by the deeds of the law. That way they will be ready as vessels unto honour in God's House, but if not, then God the Father will chasten them so that they may be partkers of his holiness even if it is as a vessel unto dishonour in His House for Jesus will not lose one, but as many are called, only a few are chosen.

4. Enow

Enow New Member

Referring to those being like-minded and of the faith: not as being unsaved.

2 Thessalonians 3:1Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you: 2And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith. 3But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil. 4And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you. 5And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ. 6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us. 7For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;...14And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed. 15Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

How is that for a "wow"? Here are some wicked and unreasonable men that did not have faith.. that were not following after the tradition taught of us, and yet they were still called a brother because they believed in Jesus. Remember how they have received the Holy Spirit by promise?

Galatians 3: 14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

So what happens here?

1 Timothy 4: 1Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

It doesn't mean they were never saved:

2 Timothy 2:18Who concerning the truth have erred, saying that the resurrection is past already; and overthrow the faith of some. 19Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour. 21If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. 22Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

So when they went out from us in that they were never of us: it is to show what we need to do by His grace and guidance for some after correction has been given, we are to withdraw in admonishing them, but for those in outreach seeking to restore the lost back into the fold by His grace & help:

2 Timothy 2:24And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient, 25In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth; 26And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

So judging others that have fallen away from the faith as those that were never saved, is a lie.

2 Peter 2: 1But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

Time to recognize eternal security in what Christ has done: but not everyone will be ready when judgment falls on the House of God first. That is why the call is given to be ready and watch... for many are called, but few are chosen.... hence the elect.. the chaste bride:

Colossians 1: 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory: 28Whom we preach, warning every man, and teaching every man in all wisdom; that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus: 29Whereunto I also labour, striving according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

2 Corinthians 11:1Would to God ye could bear with me a little in my folly: and indeed bear with me. 2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ. 3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ. 4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Yes. As disciples.. the elect.. the vessels unto honour in God's House as the truth shall set us free from bondages to sin and to death as long as we heed His words and do them, trusting Him to be Our Good Shepherd as well as Our Saviour so as to be found as a chaste bride in Christ for the Bridegroom.

It is the application of those scriptures that is false. If we acknowledge how one receives the promise of the Holy Spirit by faith in Jesus Christ as being born of God, then we have to acknowledge that not everyone will follow Him as a disciple.

Some will sow foolishly to the flesh to reap corruption as some will look to dead works that deny faith in Him thus labouring in unbelief as if they can finish it by the flesh what He had started by the Spirit. Yet in all of those iniquities, if they depart from it with His help, they shall be restored as a vessel unto honour in God's House, but if they keep putting it off as in procrastinating in putting away the old man with his deeds, then when He appears, judgment will fall on the House of God where God the Father will chasten every child He receives as those living in not being ready, shall be left behind to go through the great tribulation.:godisgood:

So the vessels unto honour and the vessels unto dishonour will be displaying the power of God in Christ Jesus in what He has done for all those that believed in Him for salvation in God's House.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So for all those that condemn themselves for falling away and/or for sowing to the flesh in reaping corruption, come back to Jesus for help in finding answers to that which stole your faith in Him to put it away as well as for those that need Him to help them put off the old man with his deeds... before those doors are shut so that they may obtain salvation which is in Christ Jesus WITH eternal glory as a vessel unto honour in God's House.

Otherwise, for not keeping His words and following Him, those that work iniquity will be found as a vessel unto dishonour in God's house.:tonofbricks:

5. Enow

Enow New Member

The problem here is that you are misunderstanding me as if I am referring to salvation, but I am not. It is about being a disciple in keeping His words to be a vessel unto honour in God's House, the elect.

Eternal security is not threatened, but receiving the first inheritance is, for those that fell away from the faith or/ and sown to the flesh to reap corruption are at risk for losing that first inheritance as a vessel unto honour.... and thus becoming a vessel unto dishonour in God's House.:tonofbricks:

Unless they depart from iniquity with His help, they will be left behind at the rapture event when judgment falls on the House of God first.

Do read the last two posts to steaver as I pray that the Lord will help you to understand what I am sharing by His grace.

6. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I fully understand your pov, I just believe it is in error.

What do you find is the biblical definition of a disciple of Jesus Christ? Please give scripture.

:jesus: