1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Junita Bynum and Paula White!!

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Sep 4, 2007.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Junita Bynum and Paula White!!

I keep this two ladies in prayer and hope that all works out for them. We all fall short from the grace of God and without his Mercy where would we all be.

As, I was reading that Paula White and her husband are getting divorced and also that Juanita Bynum's husband beat her up. I was deeply saddened, sure they know better but they are people just like us.

I feel, sad because so many people will now use this as an excuse as why not to go to church. I mean.. people will say.. what can he or she teach me when they are divorcing. You know.. thats nuts.. :tonofbricks:

What are your thoughts???

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

I'm sorry that Paula White is getting a divorce...I really am.

I must admit I'm not surprised. A married couple ought to live together and make time with one another a priority. It has not been with the White's.

However, Paula White teaches a cancerous, false, dangerous doctrine. Anyone who is as far off as she is (teaching the heresy of Prosperity Theology) is on the wrong foot to start with.

Surprised? Not at all. But I hate they're divorcing.

Juanita Bynum? Don't know her.

3. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

1. As a pastor I try to keep up with the trends, so I'm familiar with both ladies.

2. As sisters in the Lord, we must pray for them.

3. We must pray not only for their marital difficulties but also for their ministerial challenges---they should not be in the ministerial positions they're in.

4. I agree with rbell that Paula is preaching a dangerous doctrine, so too is Juanita; both are charismatic Pentecostals.

4. Gershom

Gershom Active Member

Both women are disciples of T.D. Jakes. It's no wonder that they promote $$ = God's will.

5. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I don't know the two women mentioned, or TD Jakes, so I looked them up on Google.

I know you cannot always rely on the number of times a word is used, when trying to show a person's position, but I thought it interesting that Jakes' web site mentions "wealth" 190 times, and "sin" just 3 times. Even more instructive when we look at the immediate contexts of the three places where the word "sin" is used:

1. That's what many white people ask when blacks continue to demand justice and so many whites feel they've bent over backwards to correct the sins of the past.

2. (writing about a poet called Micky Dalton): Mickey’s sole purpose for writing “evangelical” poetry is to inspire others to be motivated about accepting the free gift of salvation & understanding that Jesus died for ALL of our sins.

3. (In an article about himself from Time magazine, comparing Jakes with Billy Graham): Graham, for instance, called homosexuality a sin.​

Juanita Bynum's site has a video clip of her addressing what looks to me like a "Toronto Blessing style" meeting, with people rolling about on the floor.

Yes, divorce and wife-beating are sad, and I would not want to suggest otherwise, but there seem to be other problems these women need to address too.