1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just a Ponderance, I Suppose

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Gina B, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

While walking past the television I saw a dark screen and the words "He was beaten" flash on. I turned back around as the words changed to "He was thrown out" and figured a Christian program or related show must be on and might be worth watching, so I stopped to check it out.
    It was a commercial for the ASPCA and they were talking about a puppy. *sigh* So after a second of feeling like a moron, it did hit me that people watch these commercials and get heartbroken over the stories and are moved to act.
    That is perfectly logical.
    What is not logical are those same people hearing the same words about their Savior and not being moved at all.
    Puppies are great and all, but...wow.
    We all need to sit down sometimes and ask ourselves what moves us. What continues to move us.
    Hopefully puppies and Activia are a little lower than some others in our lives.

2. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Those people that are unmoved can see the puppy. The can't see Jesus. They rely on what they can see in front of them and dismiss anything they can't see or touch as a fairy tale.

3. Thousand Hills

Thousand Hills Active Member

Post reported, I didn't know Ponderances were allowed on BB.:wavey:

Seriously, the one that always got me was the commercial where that lady is singing "in the arm's of an angel" Mcglothlin something?, I love my dogs and cats, but our society thinks nothing of discarding or abusing a child, and has placed pets up as something to be worshipped.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And/or charges a gigantic fine for breaking an American Bald Eagle egg.

5. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it is difficult to assess critically what moves us emotionally. I can remember, as a teen, seeing for the first time pictures of the Holocaust. I threw-up. Now I know longer fear that could happen to me. It is still sickening, but not nearly to the level it once was. We loose our innocence under the barrage of media filth. And it goes further, recall the mass murders who had been groomed on violent video games.

We are guard our hearts, but I do not think we have an effective mechanism to protect our children from the world projected into their minds via smart phones, computers, pads, and so forth.

6. clark thompson

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    They chose not to feel anything about Jesus because if they did they would chose Him.