1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just as a reminder...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just like you, Dr Walter, ADDED the words "...AND buried" to verse 20b, so you OMIT the words "since" and “since these things were done” in 21b.

What were “these things that were done? They were “our rulers (who) delivered Him to be condemned to death and (who) have crucified Him”! Cleopas said, “Today (the First Day of the week 24:1) is the third day-since-these-things-were-done … our rulers (who) delivered Him to be condemned to death and (who) have crucified Him”— “day-since-these-things-were-done … condemned to death and … crucified”.

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Rubbish! If you make "TODAY" the third day "since" the rulers delivered him to be crucified how does that help you????? Now you are digging your pit deeper. The rulers delivered Christ to be crucified on some other day than the day he was crucified? Is that it? How can a PREVIOUS day to the crucifixion day be "the third day" from what "IS" called "TODAY"??????

I did not lie about you! You do believe "Today" or the "first day of the week" is the FOURTH day from the crucifixion and your chronology proves it.

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

All right, my "babbling" has at least brought YOU, from, 'Luke' who would have said, "Today is the third day", to saying, EXACTLY WHAT 'i', 'BABBLED", namely, ""TODAY" as "the third days since" he was crucified..."

One small step for Truth, one giant step for mankind like you and me.

Now we must get over, onto, or into, the next step. Here it looms before your feet, Dr Walter. Are you going to dare take it? Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50 up to Luke 23:54 John 19:42.

Dr Walter, take that step, and behold the sunset horizon of the evening of the Sixth Day of the week and its scope until "mid-afternoon as it began to dawn towards the Sabbath Day" stretched out before you!

From there, the way is smooth and inviting until "SABBATH'S FULLNESS OF DAYLIGHT SHINING TOWARDS THE FIRST DAY OF THE WEEK AND THERE SUDDENLY WAS A GREAT EARTHQUAKE THE ANGEL OF THE LORD DESCENDING HURLED AWAY THE STONE FROM THE TOMB AND SAT ON IT."

4. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Your gesture is kind and appreciated.

However, again, these texts are determined by you according to your speculations of certain terms. There is no speculation in Luke - there is a clear and explicit chronology with a clear and explicit identification that Sunday is "TODAY" and "IS" the "third day" since he was put to death by the rulers.

Why should I venture back into your maze built upon many speculative reasonings when Luke lays it out clear and unambiguous???

You do believe Sunday was the FOURTH day from his death and Luke denies that - plain and simple - why go any further and debte with you over the meaning of such words as "dawn" and "early" and etc. Your position does not agree with Luke's clear words? Your position stands upon your speculation of the year Christ was born. If you have that wrong then your whole speculative chronology is wrong.

5. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

All right, I'll dig up some of that"rubbish" for you... just as a reminder....

1) "Today (the First Day of the week, Sunday) is the third day since / "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

2) Yesterday ("Sabbath", 'Saturday') is the SECOND "day since "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

3) The day before yesterday (The Sixth Day of the week, 'Friday'), is the FIRST "day since "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

4) The day before The Sixth Day of the week, 'Friday', (the Fifth day of the week, 'Thursday') is THE, ACTUAL, "day" _OF_ / _THAT_, "these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

What do you not understand about it? Have you not YOURSELF arrived at exactly the same conclusion?

What's going on with you?!

#25 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
  6. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Alright so you agree with Luke and his counting. Do you agree with Luke that it is "ON" the third day he will rise again?

Lu 9:22 Saying, The Son of man must suffer many things, and be rejected of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be slain, and be raised the third day.

Lu 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Lu 18:33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.

Lu 24:21 But we trusted that it had been he which should have redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

Lu 24:7 Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.

Lu 24:46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Dr Walter, Luke does not "deny", "Sunday was the FOURTH day" from and including, "his death"?

Luke is constating the fact "Sunday was the FOURTH day" from and including, "his death" WITH / 'con-' STATING "today is the third day, _S-I-N-C-E_ and EXCLUSIVE, these things were done!

Perhaps another small step for Truth which might be a BIG step for mankind the likes of you and me! Let us pray God it be.

But God's Gospel-Truth is not built nor is it maintained on the one "pin point" of Luke 24:21b. ALL the Scriptures witness of the Christ augmented, magnified, glorified and EXALTED in the "Day of the Lord", "The Lord's Day" IN THAT THE LAST ENEMY, DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP AND DESTROYED: "IN VICTORY!""... the third day I FINISH!". "God the Seventh Day FINISHED ... and RESTED." Christ "TRIUMPHED IN IT" his death and resurrection ... THEREFORE do not you let anybody judge / condemn / victimize / incriminate you with regard to … SABBATHS’ feast’s … eating and drinking" spiritually "of Christ the Substance (Food, Bread and Water of LIFE), ... you being fastened to the HEAD (Christ) nourishment being ministered ... growing with the growth of God.

#27 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 7, 2011
  8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes he does deny that Sunday is the fourth day. When he says "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" since he was crucified that denies it is the fourth day "since" he was crucified.

If "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" then Satuday is the SECOND day and Friday is the FIRST DAY "since" he was crucified making Thursday the day of crucifixion.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

Re: Dr Walter,
    "Yes he does deny that Sunday is the fourth day. When he says "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" since he was crucified that denies it is the fourth day "since" he was crucified.

If "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" then Satuday is the SECOND day and Friday is the FIRST DAY "since" he was crucified making Thursday the day of crucifixion."

GE:

Dr Walter, you cannot tell me what I believe!!!
    And I am telling you now, I do NOT believe or base or force “my position” to “agree with” or to “stand upon” ANY “speculation of the year Christ was born”. If you have read ‘my position’ you would have seen that I am a champion against Seventh-day Adventist dating of the year of Jesus’ birth.
    To inform YOU about what YOU believe, YOU believe 100% like the Seventh-day Adventists do! You BOTH champion the Friday Crucifixion and Sunday Resurrection WITH its corruptions of the relevant Scriptures through fake ‘translations’ and ‘versions’ in support.

Now how does it it feel to be told by another what you believe even though it’s the truth you’re told!? So kindly refrain from your clever habitual but false way to deliver insult without liability.

You just wave ‘my chronology’ that consists of nothing but Scriptures – each and every Scripture in the Gospels pertaining – which I just last night posted again for the umpteenth time.

And it’s YOUR position that does not agree with Luke's clear words! And OUR ‘chronology’ even ‘positioned’ itself on the SAME pre-fixed ‘day’, namely, the THURSDAY crucifixion-day. But mine cannot be true because it’s not yours …. What logic is that?

1) "Today (the First Day of the week, Sunday) is the third day since "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

2) Yesterday ("Sabbath", 'Saturday') is the SECOND "day since "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

3) The day before yesterday (The Sixth Day of the week, 'Friday'), is the FIRST "day since "from" these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

4) The day before The Sixth Day of the week, 'Friday', (the Fifth day of the week, 'Thursday') is THE, ACTUAL, "day”, _OF_ / _THAT_, these things were done ... condemned to death and … crucified”.

Look at the contents, from top to bottom,
    “the third day since… the second day since, the first day since, the actual day = 4 days.
    The four days are reflected in the numbers column on the left. Therefore,
    “3rd day since” = day number 1 (Abib 17);
    2nd day since = day number 2 (Abib 16);
    first day since = day number 3 (Abib 15);
    day OF = day number 4 (Abib 14).

BUT ONLY DAYS NUMBERS 2, 3 and 4, were THE, “three days”

“of the prophesy” of the passover
    1) of the Crucifixion (Abib 14)
    “when they always had to … remove leaven
    = kill (remove life of) the passover ” Luke 22:7,14 Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,26 John 19:14,28; 13:1,30
    = Exodus 12:6,15a “the fourteenth day KILL
    = the FIRST, first day remove leaven”;

2) of the Burial (Abib 15)
    = “first day (un)leavened bread” = “eat the passover”
    = “the body of Jesus … buried” = “that which remained, burn!”
    Exodus 12:8,10 = John 19:28 Mark 15:42 Matthew 27:57 John 19:31,38 Luke 23:50
    = “sabbath … great day of passover” John 19:31;

3) of the Resurrection (Abib 16)
    = “the day after the sabbath (of the passover)”
    = “wave First Sheaf before the LORD” John 19:31 = Leviticus 23:11,15
    = “Sanctuary Cleansed” 2Chronicles 29:17.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    DW:
    Yes he does deny that Sunday is the fourth day. When he says "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" since he was crucified that denies it is the fourth day "since" he was crucified.

GE:

Certainly, MOST CERTAINLY, YES!
    According to your own defining with this statement, Luke’s use of the Preposition “since”, ‘apo’, requires its general meaning of non idiomatic directional functionality, which is, ‘away from / from and away of…’, like an arrow from the bough-string, or the flea from the body. “Today is the third day, that is, today is three days AWAY _FROM_ the day that He was condemned to be crucified and indeed was crucified.”

Thereby Luke “denies it is the fourth day "since" he was crucified”.

You said it— just what I have been saying _from day one_ until today that I am saying the same thing. Difference is though, I mean “from” includes the day that I started; Luke meant ‘apo’ excluded the day “when” (‘hou’) He was crucified.

I said it before; I say it again but without the EMPHATIC question-mark I used, Luke does NOT deny Sunday was the fourth day “from”, and, INCLUDING, the day of the Crucifixion!

Luke by having said, “"TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" since he was crucified”, IMPLIED Sunday was the fourth day “from” and INCLUDING, the day of the Crucifixion in the most definitive and definite manner language could convey the IMPLICATION.

The abstraction from Luke’s statement, “today is the third day _SINCE_ these things … delivered … crucified … were done”, remains, that he is CONSTATING the logical and consequential fact that IF, the day the “rulers delivered Him to be condemned and have crucified Him” were INCLUDED, “today … the First Day of the week” would have been the FOURTH day “since” the day “our rulers delivered Him to be condemned and have crucified Him”.

But Luke obviously did not intend the idiomatic inclusive interpretation of his words, ‘aph’ hou’, but the chronological exclusive meaning of an addition of days, and not an abstraction or inclusion of days.

Therefore, EXACTLY what you say Dr Walter, EXACTLY, “If "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" then Satuday is the SECOND day and Friday is the FIRST DAY "since" he was crucified making Thursday the day of crucifixion.”

Therefore,

1) Crucifixion the Fifth Day of the week
    “The Preparation of the Passover” John 19:14
    Abib 14 “the first, first day” Exodus 12:15a ---
    --- the day _that / of_ “… CRUCIFIED” Luke 24:21b;

2) Burial the Sixth Day of the week
    “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath … Mark 15:42
    That Day great day sabbath” of the passover … John 19:31
    Abib 15 “the first day no leaven EAT… sabbath” Exodus 12:15b Leviticus 23:11,15; 3 ---
    --- the first day “SINCE … CRUCIFIED” Luke 24:21b;

3) Resurrection “the Sabbath(-of-the-week)” Matthew 28:1
    Abib 16 “Sanctuary cleansed” 2Chronicles 29:17
    “First Sheaf” Leviticus 23:11,15 ---
    --- the second day “SINCE … CRUCIFIED” Luke 24:21b.

4) APPEARANCE “the First-Day-of-the-week” Luke 24:1
    Abib 17 “the third day SINCE … CRUCIFIED” Luke 24:21b.

11. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    From 14 Abib to 17 Abib is a difference of three days, the days of Abib 15, 16 and 17, off and away from Abib 14.

But as I said, Luke 24:21b is but the ‘pin’s point’ of support that
    “Christ the third day rose again according to the Scriptures”—

“ALL THINGS WRITTEN …
    … CONCERNING … THE CHRIST …

1) … TO SUFFER … (“night and day” of Abib 14, Fifth Day of the week)

3) … AND TO RISE THE THIRD DAY (“night and day” of Abib 16, “Sabbath’s Day”) :

2) “AND BE BURIED” the “In-the Bone-of day Day” “In-Between-sabbath” of the Passover of Yahweh.

12. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You are one confused mixed up dude! Sunday is NOT and I repeat NOT the FOURTH day "since" or "from" the day of crucifixion but it is the "THIRD DAY" as Luke identifies Sunday as 'TODAY" and TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY.

Luke does not start his count WITH the day of crucifixion but FROM or SINCE the day of crucifixion. YOU START YOUR COUNT WITH the day of crucifixion.

Here is YOUR PROBLEM you INCLUDE the crucifixion day IN YOUR COUNTING while Luke EXCLUDES IT! You make Sunday the fourth day because you count the crucifixion day WITH those three days but Luke EXCLUDES the crucifixion day from his counting as he starts his counting "FROM" or "AWAY FROM" the crucifixion day.

It is the "THIRD DAY" since the crucifixion day HE AROSE - Sunday morning.

#32 Dr. Walter, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2011
  13. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I champion no such thing! I do not believe in a Friday crucifixion but a Thursday crucifixion. I do not believe in the Seventh Day Adventist Saturday afternoon resurrection but a Sunday morning resurrection.

Thursday Jewish DAY Jesus was crucified and placed in the grave before 6 pm
    Friday EVENING from 6pm to 6am still in the grave
    Friday DAY from 6am to 6pm still in the grave
    Saturday EVENING 6pm to 6am still in the grave
    Saturday DAY 6am to 6pm still in the Grave
    Sunday EVENING 6pm to 3am still in the Grave arose between 3am to 6am

Three days and three nights in the Grave and Sunday "is" the "THIRD DAY" from the crucifixion day - thursday.

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

When used idiomatically the expression “since when / that”, ‘aph’ hou’, may mean emphatic denial

Me:
    I’ve finished my chores.

My wife:
    Since when?!

When used idiomatically the expression “since when / that”, ‘aph’ hou’, may mean distant times

My wife (sigh, Vocative):
    Oh, since when have we been on holidays…?!

Me:
    Really?!

so, in Revelation 16:18 “since that people were on the earth” = since time immemorial.

“From”, ‘apo’ because “it implies SEPARATION is used only with the Ablative case” (D&M).

Therefore, EXACTLY what you say Dr Walter, EXACTLY, “If "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" then Satuday is the SECOND day and Friday is the FIRST DAY "since" he was crucified making Thursday the day of crucifixion.

15. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Now this really is a big surprise and revelation to me!

Dr Walter, why is this the first and the only time that I read from you, "I do not believe in a Friday crucifixion but a Thursday crucifixion"?!

WHY?! because I also believe "a Thursday crucifixion"!!

And I have stated that belief of mine hundreds if not thousands of times on Baptist Board, and you have never given the least indication that you have taken notice?

But you must be even more ignorant about "the Seventh Day Adventist" 'position', because I guarantee you 100% they do NOT "believe in Saturday afternoon resurrection"; they believe the Roman Catholic, 'Friday' resurrection-as-well-as-burial fallacy.

Now with this you have also first time openly declared you hold to the Roman Catholic same-day-as-Crucified-Burial FALLACY!

There's the problem with your view, just like with every 'case' or ‘position’ without exception I have come across that do not enhance Jesus' Resurrection, "SABBATH'S-TIME" Matthew 28:1!

Joseph took ALL DAY the Sixth Day FROM "evening" UNTIL "mid-afternoon as it began to dawn towards the Sabbath Day" "by the time of the Jews' preparations" (to begin). Luke 23:54 John 19:42.

SEE THIS and see the impossibility of a Sunday morning resurrection!

#35 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 8, 2011
  16. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I have been saying this over and over again and again. What? Is this the first time you actually understand what I have repeated over again? Thursday is the day of crucifixion and Friday is the first day "since" the crucifixion, Saturday is the second day since the crucifixion and thus "TODAY" (Sunday) IS THE THIRD DAY since the crucifixion.

17. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You do not read very well or very much do you? I have NEVER ascribed to a Friday crucifixion - NEVER! Indeed, I have condemned the Friday theory ever since I have been on this forum and before I was on this forum.

I dare you to find any statement at any time on this forum where I took the position that Christ died on Friday!!!!!

You need to get out more and read more! I have never ever held any other position than the position that Christ was buried before 6 pm on the same day he was crucified! I think you are finally waking up from your slumber and beginning to understand what I have repeated stated all along! Can you ever find a statement by me on this forum that I have ever denied the same day crucifixion and burial?????????? Wake up and smell the roses!

I do not agree with your interpretation of Matthew 28:1! Never have, never will! I do not agree with your interpretation of the Greek term "dawn" (grow light not diminish light) nor your interpretation of when the women came to the grave and neither does Luke's chronology.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

NOT:
    Three days and three nights in the Grave …” literal language.
    But “three days and three nights in the _HEART_ of the earth” figurative language.

The body of Jesus was in the grave in the earth 24 hours over the last two ‘days’ “of the prophesy” of the Passover of Yahweh, quoting Luke, FROM “That Day The Preparation mid-afternoon the Sabbath drawing on” 23:54, UNTIL, quoting Matthew, “Sabbath Day’s fullness mid-afternoon the First Day of the week drawing on” 28:1.

Therefore:

Thursday Jewish DAY Jesus was crucified and placed in the grave before 6 pm
    versus
    Fifth Day the BIBLE-day Jesus faced his last SUFFERING in the Valley of Death from sunset until “the ninth hour” when He “gave the spirit”. Mark 14:12,17 Matthew 26:17,20 Luke 22:7,14 John 13:1,30 1Corinthians 11:23.

Friday EVENING from 6pm to 6am still in the grave
    versus
    The Sixth Day “evening” (night after sunset) not yet in the grave but STILL ON THE CROSS until Joseph obtained permission to have the body of Jesus “so as TO bury” Him “according to the Ethics / Law of the JewsExodus 12:8-10,42,46,51 Mark 15:42f Matthew 27:57f John 19:31,38f Luke 23: 50f “That Day” “In-the-Bone-of-day-Day”…

Friday DAY from 6am to 6pm still in the grave
    versus
    … and have Him FINISHED buried when having closed the stone door of the grave “by the time of the Jews’ preparations (to begin) … mid-afternoon That Day The Preparation as the Sabbath Day was drawing on.” John 19:42 Luke 23:54.

Saturday EVENING 6pm to 6am still in the grave
    Confirmed
    … while “the women started to rest the Sabbath according to the (Fourth) Commandment” night of Seventh Day Sabbath “6pm to 6am” and Jesus “still in the GraveLuke 23:56b Matthew 27:62a

Saturday DAY 6am to 6pm still in the Grave
    versus
    the Sabbath sunrise to “Sabbath Day’s fullness of daylight being inclined towards the First Day of the week”, “still in the Grave”, “WHEN SUDDENLY THERE WAS A GREAT EARTHQUAKE AND THE ANGEL OF THE LORD DESCENDING HURLED AWAY THE STONE-DOOR FROM THE SEPULCHRE AND SAT ON IT” Matthew 28:2-4, and “CHRIST ROSE FROM THE DEAD THE THIRD DAY ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES” the Passover-of-Yahweh Scriptures. 1Corinthians 15:4-5.

Sunday EVENING 6pm to 3am still in the Grave arose between 3am to 6am
    versus
    When the Sabbath was overMark 16:1, “ WHEN HAVING BEEN STILL EARLY DARKNESS / NIGHT and Mary Magdalene comes to the grave and sees the stone rolled away from the grave and runs backJohn 20:1 He was already no longerin the Grave”.
    And when deepest morning (just after midnight) came the women with their spices prepared they found the stone was rolled away from the tomb, and they entered in and they found NOT the body of the Lord JesusANY LONGER “in the Grave … between 3am to 6am!!! Luke 24:1-3,23.

#38 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 8, 2011
  19. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

Will you listen to A.T. Robertson?

20. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

All right all right!

The above is your first direct spelled out explanation of your stance about the Thursday crucifixion. And because you have not before this 'declaration' made your viewpoint so clear and I just assumed that you believed the Friday crucifixion i found it VERY DIFFICULT to understand you in many places, and must have answered your arguments perhaps badly in those cases.

Now it no longer matters. So, let's take things from here on...