1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just as a reminder...

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I repeat, will you listen to A.T. Robertson?

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

How can you determine what DAYS the DATES of Nisan 14-17 fall on without knowing the precise year Christ died????

How can you determine the year Christ died without first knowing the precise year He was born????

It seems to me your whole theory rests on pure speculation of the year Christ died and therefore on the DAYS the DATES Nisan 14-17 fell on that year???

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Re:
    Dr Walter, “
    In Matthew 28:7-8 as they quickly departed from this visit and went toward the disciples Jesus met them. (vv. 9-10) to calm their fears as they were not going to tell anyone (Mk. 16:8). Hence, Matthew 28:9 occurs immediately after Mark 16:8. This special appearance to the women as they ran away gave them the boldness to go ahead and tell the disciples proving that Matthew 28:1-9 is parallel with Mark 16:1-8 and not two separate visits.

Rebuttal:

In Matthew 28:7-8Matthew 28:9 occurs immediately after Mark 16:8. … Matthew 28:1-9 is parallel with Mark 16:1-8 and not two separate visits” is a contradiction; an impossibility; an untruth.

The only possibilities are,

Matthew 28:1-9 is _parallel_ with Mark 16:1 [Sic.] -8 and not two separate visits”;
    Matthew 28:9 occurs … AFTER [EGE] Mark 16:8” and they are NOT “parallel”, but ARE, “two separate visits”.

Therefore, to bracket “Mk. 16:8” into one sentence with “Matthew 28:7-8”: In Matthew 28:7-8 … they were not going to tell anyone (Mk. 16:8)., is a misplacement; an impossibility; an untruth.

The only true possibility therefore is,

Mark 16:8” / “Mark 16:1 [Sic.] -8” is
    NO “parallel” with “Matthew 28:9” / “Matthew 28:1-9”;
    is a “separate visit”; and
    occurs BEFORE “Matthew 28:9” / “Matthew 28:1-9”.

Re:
    Dr Walter, “
    This special appearance to the women as they ran away gave them the boldness to go ahead and tell the

Rebuttal:

If Mark 16:2-8 was under discussion, this is untrue.

In Mark the women did not simply “run away” and scarcely away, received sudden “boldness to go ahead and tell”.

According to Mark they got no “boldness to go ahead and tell”, but “they went out (from the inside of the sepulchre) quickly and fled from the sepulchre for they trembled and were amazed: neither said they any thing to any; for they were (too) afraid.”

If Matthew 28 :1-8 was under discussion, this is still untrue.

In Matthew the women did not “run away”. “They (gracefully) departed quickly from (the outside of) the sepulchre with (holy) fear and / of great joy: then started to run (Ingressive Aorist) to bring his disciples word” of what they were instructed by the angel and now for the first time had understood.

In Mark the Lord did not appear to the women; in Matthew, “as they went, behold, Jesus met them.

In Mark 16:2-8 the time of NIGHT was “VERY early before-sunrise”;
    in Matthew it was LATER than when Jesus had “FIRST appeared to Mary … early” AFTER the gardener had come to work in the garden, most probably with sunrise. Mark 16:9 John 20:15.

Jesus did rise before he appeared; naturally! Which is all, Dr Walter, you with huge stress, could ‘argue’.**

Nevertheless, the Lord, naturally, could first appear only at the very last and after ALL the visits to and at and from the tomb before He appeared.

What I’m saying, is, You in effect argue for a Resurrection before or at latest “3 am”, because you – repeatedly – placed the women’s supposed only visit **“between 3 am. and 6 a.m”. Like here,
    The rest of the women went back but Mary stayed.
    Jesus rose between 3 am. to 6 a.m and then appeared to Mary.
    Thus the clear chronological order is as follows:
    1. Began their journey while it was yet dark between 3 am to
    6pm Sunday Morning.

A Resurrection according to this your “chronology”, could only occur BEFORE, “3 am. to 6 a.m”.

4. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Thank you very much for your question, Dr Walter, for what seems to be a very important question to you because you are of the mind there is no answer to it; so the (my) whole 'theory' collapses for the want of an explanation.

So, your question is not so much a question of real interest; it rather is a veiled tactic to dismantle 'my theory'.

But it won't make any difference to my answer.

By the way, I do have an own opinion of which year was the year of Jesus' birth. You can read about it in the very first three books of 'The Lord's Day in the Covenant of Grace'. you can find it in my signature line below.

But now, my answer.

It is so simple I wonder if you will believe me.

My answer is, The Passover Lamb of Yahweh in real life supplies every bit of information about the Passover of Yahweh HIMSELF, IN Himself, THROUGH Himself, BY Himself!

If Christ would have died on a Sunday and would have raised on a Wednesday, then we would have known undeniably Sunday was the fourteenth day of the First Month, and Wednesday was the sixteenth day of the First Month, "the very first day" and "the third day according to the Scriptures" respectively .... _IF_ it so happened.

But now,

1) It did not so happen. It happened as the Scriptures say "the third day" - Resurrection day - "Sabbath's"; So "That Day The Preparation Day" the Scriptures tell us, "was The Fore-Sabbath" which everyone KNOWS, was 'Friday' or the Sixth Day of the week Joseph BURIED the body of Jesus. And so it's just natural that the day of the week Jesus would be Crucified on, must be the day before, namely, 'Thursday' or the Fifth Day of the week AND FOURTEENTH DAY of the First Month.

I remember a beautiful little 'chorus' from my youth, "Christ is the answer ... to my every care ..." Nur wer die Sehnsucht kennt, weiss was ich leide! God, life sometimes can be merciless... You know, I find myself praying, O God, take me into your bosom... more often and often.

O yes, number 2) .....
    I think I shall try tomorrow...

Good night

#44 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
  5. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Where do you have clear evidence from the Scriptures that Friday was the Sixth day of the week during the month of nisan in the year Christ died? Where in Scripture can you prove "Friday" is the "fore-Sabbath" as every day of the week previous to the Sabbath is be "fore- the Sabbath?

6. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

2)Second, but equally important— We do – we MUST – know Jesus would be crucified a Fifth Day of the week and be resurrected on the Seventh Day Sabbath-of-the-LORD GOD because God brought Israel’s feet onto free soil out of the land of Egypt, on the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD GOD.

And how do we know that?

1) By every single, and all, time-indications that the passover history in Scripture provides, together;
    2) By taking into account every and all other, Sabbath-Scriptures in the Old Testament as well as in the Gospels and pre-cross history of Christ.

From there, we can go into detail, and AS EXPECTED, MUST from the nature of the Evidence Jesus Christ Himself in the Scriptures, find the passover dates CONFIRMED in Creation, in Promise, Prophesy, Law, Song, Prayer, BATTLE AND VICTORY:—

the passover dates,

first of all,
    the sixteenth day of the First Month on First Sheaf Offering Waved IN TRIUMPH of Resurrection from the dead Before the LORD;

two, the fifteenth day of the First Month, “That Day” “In-the-bone-of-day Day”, “The Feast” and “great day-sabbath”, “that which remained” of the lifeless body of the Lamb, eaten, and re-assimilated with corruptibility, and brought forth out of Egypt, Bondage and Death’s Anxiety, and Buried;

and, three, the fourteenth day of the First Month, “the day leaven (of life) removed and passover killed”.

And we COULD go into yet ‘finer detail’, like the fact the Fourth Commandment commands (until this day in the year of our Lord) that God “in the day the Seventh Day Sabbath of the LORD your GOD, FINISHED ALL HIS WORKS, SO, RESTED!”

That to me, is OVERWHELMING evidence, reason, motive, and LAW whereby to KNOW AND BELIEVE exactly, and, to the best of my sinner’s ability, follow the Passover dates and week-days of our Lord Jesus’ death, burial and resurrection, SIMPLY and “without condemnation (as) The Body of Christ’s Own, eating and drinking of the Substance which is Christ’s feast-of-Sabbaths.”

7. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:

John 19:31, “The Jews, BECAUSE (sunset) IT HAD BECOME The Preparation … asked Pilate … that the bodies be taken away … THAT DAY HAVING BEEN great day sabbath (of passover, Abib 15)…
    Luke 23:50, “Suddenly there was this man, Joseph … of Arimathaea …
    John 19:38, “And after this (the Jews) Joseph … asked Pilate if he may take Jesus’ body away…
    Mark 15:42, “And now when it had already been EVENING (after sunset) having become The Preparation WHICH IS The Fore-Sabbath (night of the Sixth Day ‘Thursday-evening’) Joseph … came …”

There is only the Seventh Day that in the New Testament is “The Sabbath Day”;

There is only the Sixth Day-of-the-week that in the New Testament is “The Preparation” per se;

There was only “The Preparation” the Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died” was “The Day-Before-The-Sabbath” Mark 15:42 “WHICH IS” or was, “The Preparation” John 19:31 of “the Jews’ preparation(s)” John 19:42 “the next morning” after which was “Sabbath’s Day” Matthew 27:62;28:1 — The Sixth Day-of-the-week, ‘Thursday-night’ and ‘Friday-day’.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”, STOOD IN CONTRAST with “The Preparation-of-the-Passover” John 19:14 the day-of-the-week before it on which Jesus was crucified.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”, was “The Feast” John 13:1, before which the Sabbath before, was “six days before the passover-feast-day” John 12:1, and five days including Sunday “the next day” John 12:12, ‘Palm Sunday’ and ‘Nisan 10’ the day the Israelite separated their passover lamb.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”, was the day AFTER Jesus was “CRUCIFIED” the day He “two days” before, on the ‘Tuesday’, had told his disciples that He must go to Jerusalem for to be killed. Matthew 26:1,2.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”, “TWO days” before it, on the ‘Wednesday’, the Jews finally decided to kill Jesus, “but not on the Feast” because they feared the people” Mark14:1,2, therefore the next day, which was the ‘Thursday’ and “day before the feast” John 13:1,30; 19:14.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”, perfectly reflected the chronological sequence of the historic exodus passover.

There was only THIS, “The Preparation which is the Fore-Sabbath” and Sixth Day-of-the-week that “during the month of nisan in the year” of the historic exodus passover, in actual fact was WRITTEN by calendar’s, MONTH’S, DATE!

What more do you need to “have clear evidence from the Scriptures that Friday was the Sixth day of the week during the month of nisan in the year Christ died”?! Goodness, how long have you been a Bible student? What was it that put the veil over you eyes when you read Moses or Jesus for all those years? ONE THING: YOUR BLIND, VENERATION OF SUNDAY!

#47 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
  8. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

I am not questioning you about the DATES but about what DAYS the DATES fell on during the last year of Christ's life. All bible students know that the DATES fell on DIFFERENT DAYS in DIFFERENT years. They did not fall on the same DAYS every year. So all your argument above is worthless!

However, I will take credit for part of the confusion. My question was not worded properly. I did not mean to ask you to prove that Friday was the sixth day of the week, as that is a no-brainer, but rather how can you prove that Friday, the sixth day of the week fell on a certain date during the final year of Christ's death.

#48 Dr. Walter, Jul 10, 2011
  9. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Sorry, I misworded my question. I did not mean for you to prove that Frday precedes Saturday or the 6th day of the week precedes the 7th day of the week but rather how can you prove that the DATES given in Leviticus line up with the precise DAYS of the week in the final year of Christ's life.

10. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Sorry, but I don't buy it!

11. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

All you can prove is that the sheaf offering took place after the regular Sabbath but you cannot prove that the regular Sabbath was the 15th of the month. The 15th of the month was the high sabbath or first day of unleavened bread. Thursday was the 14th, Friday was the 15th, Saturday was the 16th or regular Sabbath and Sunday was the 17th and thus the day the sheaf offering occurred "after the sabbath."

12. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

It seems to me that Thursday evening (our Wednesday evening) the passover supper was partaken of by Christ and the night of judgements occurred. Thursday prior to 6 pm He was buried thus He was in the grave on Nisan 14th the day of his crucifixion. Friday was the "high Sabbath" or first day of unleavened bread - the 15th of the month. He rested in the grave on Saturday the 16th. He arose from the grave on Sunday the 17th the day after the Sabbath when the sheaf offering was presented in the temple or "the firstfruits of the resurrection."

The sheaf offering was to be offered the morrow "after the sabbath" the regular Sabbath and thus fixed on the first day of the week as the day of resurrection. Friday was the "high sabbath" or the first day of unleavened bread and therefore a double Sabbath occurred that year with Friday landing on the 15th of Nisan and the sheaf offering on the 17th of Nisan. All the Scripture says is that the sheaf offering occurs "on the morrow after the Sabbath" rather than on any DATE! You want to fix the date to be the 16th but the Scripture does not do so! Only your theory does so.

However, fixing the sheaf offering to occur every year "on the morrow after the sabbath" the regular Sabbath fixed the sheaf offering every year to occur on the "first day of the week" or the day after the regular Sabbath. This fits perfectly with the emphasis upon the "first day" of the week Sabbaths that characterize Leviticus 23 and the feasts that picture the New Covenant work of Christ.

#52 Dr. Walter, Jul 10, 2011
  13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I forgot to mention the ending of 'Burial day',

John 19:42, “there laid they Jesus because of the Jews’ preparations” (time on Friday afternoon).
    Luke 23:56, “And the women (after the Burial) returned and prepared spices and ointments; then (after sunset) began the rest according to the Fourth) Commandment of the Sabbath Day.”

14. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE

Because Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God, our Passover Lamb and _HE_ is the Fulfiller and fulfilment of the Passover of Yahweh as _HE_ is Institutor and Executive of it. _HE_ determind the dates and the coincidence of the dates with the week-days of the passover.

I still answer you because it is education for myself, but I am really getting tired of your pretentiousness. You will never change your own inflated baloney. The simplicity of "thus it is WRITTEN" is too far below your self-estimation to be heeded in the fear of God.

#54 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 10, 2011
  15. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

So, you cannot prove it! I believe that the sheaf offering occurred "on the morrow (after the regular) Sabbath and thus always fixed on "the first day of the week." Whereas, Friday was the "high sabbath" or the first day of unleavened bread thus making Sunday the "morrow after the "regular seventh day sabbath and thus the day of the sheaf offering or offering of "firstfruits."

16. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

I could quote YOU where YOU, how many times, showed and PROVED factually that the 'ceremonial sabbaths' were determined to the rule of the sun and moon and year's cycle : YOU, from the Scriptures and with true logic.

But as soon as it comes to the Sabbath Day of the Seventh Day of the WEEK which GOD, calls "The Day The Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD", determined by GOD at and from the creation as the Seventh and last Day of the CREATION-"SET-OF-DAYS" the 'WEEK', then it seems you THROW OVERBOARD YOUR FEAR OF GOD and ADD to and CHOP and CHANGE God's WORD as if it were your own.

I despise the way you deal with the Scriptures, LIKE HERE for the millionth time, "... the sheaf offering occurred "on the morrow (after the regular) Sabbath ...". The TEXT is "on the DAY ('yom') after the sabbath" in CONTEXT spoken of, namely, a 'sabbath' which "YOU - ISRAEL - MUST (it is commanded them!) determine and appoint according TO THEIR SEASONS"!

It is NOT "on the morrow (after the regular) Sabbath ..."! It is "on the morrow after the sabbath ..." THIS 'sabbath' of and in the CONTEXT!.

And they ask / tell me not to get "offensive" .... MAN!

#56 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 10, 2011
  17. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Here you say it yourself, "Friday was the "high sabbath" or the first day of unleavened bread".

Now in Leviricus 23, verse 5 command the 'ceremonies' of Abib 14".

Verse 6, "And on the fifteenth day "OF THE _SAME_ month is the Feast Day of Unleavened Bread" --- THE SAME "DAY" YOU yourself here have said "was ... Friday the "high sabbath" or the first day of unleavened bread."

Verse 10-11, "...ye shall reap the harvest and bring the First Sheaf ... and wave The Sheaf-Before-the-LORD on the day after _THE SABBATH_ just finished spoken of in verses 6 to 8.

You IGNORE it; you DENY it, you DEFY it, and REPLACE it with YOUR vain fallacy.

Do you call that respect for the Word of God?

I must ask you, Dr Walter, Do you believe the Scriptures are the Word of God?
    Maybe I have been mistaken like with your belief of the day of Crucifixion, that all the while I thought you believed something, you believed something else altogether! Here you give the clearest of reason for anyone of ordinary discernment to take for granted you despise instead of believe the Scriptures.

18. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

Think how you tell Ituttut how wrong his dating of the Crucifixion is because he makes the 'three days' "of the prophesy", four days.

But you also teach on day four!

You say crucifixion day was "Thursday". And it was, but actually, it was the Fifth Day of the week, and thus Wednesday evening until Thursday sunset. Doesn't matter, because now Thursday is the first day of Jesus' having been dead on, three hours, "the ninth hour" until sunset and "evening" according to the FOUR Gospels.

Now if Jesus rose "on the third day", the third day can only be the (regular) Sabbath Day. But no, says Dr Walter, He rose "on the morrow (after the regular) Sabbath", in other words, on 'Sunday'.

That is on the fourth day. A pre-school toddler could count and tell.

#58 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 10, 2011
  19. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Yes a pre-school toddler could count and tell but you can't! Your position would make the text read "Today ISN'T the third day" since/from/away from the crucifixion day but today is the FOURTH day since the crucifixion day.

Luke does not include the crucifixion day in his counting but you do. Luke begins count "away from" the crucifixion day not inclusive of the crucifixion day.

This is so easy, so simple and yet so hard for you because of your theories.

1. TODAY IS the third day and TODAY IS the first day of the week

2. YESTERDAY IS the second day and YESTERDAY is the Seventh day of the...

3. FRIDAY IS the first day of these THREE DAYS which day (Friday) is the BEGINNING POINT in counting THREE DAYS as they are all counted AWAY FROM the crucifixion day and therefore do not include but exclude the crucifixion day.

In other words Luke does not begin with Thursday saying this is DAY ONE and then proceed to Friday and say this IS DAY TWO and then to SATURDAY and say this IS THE THIRD DAY because Saturday is NOT the Third day since the crucifixion day or away from the crucifixion day but "TODAY" which is "the first day of the week" IS THE THIRD DAY since the crucifixion day. It is not the FOURTH day "from" the crucifixion week. It is not the FOURTH day inclusive of the crucifixion day BECAUSE Luke does NOT INCLUDE the crucifixion day but starts his counting "AWAY FROM" outside the boundary of the crucifixion day and that is why SUNDAY - the first day of the week is "TODAY" and "TODAY IS THE THIRD DAY" since/away from the exterior closure of the crucifixion day.

Remember your prepositional chart using a circle????? Eis begins WITHIN the circle to the outside but apo begins from the OUTSIDE EXTERIOR of the circle and Thursday is the circle and Luke begins "AWAY FROM" the exterior of this circle in his counting of first, (Friday) second (Saturday) and third (Sunday).

Could not be more simpler!

#59 Dr. Walter, Jul 10, 2011
  20. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

The above verses deal with the HIGH Sabbath not the weekly seventh day Sabbath.

No sir! The sabbath in verse 10-11 is not the "HIGH Sabbath" but the regular weekly Sabbath. He has changed subjects. He is no longer talking about the first day of unleavened bread but the offering of firstfruits which is the "morrow after" the REGULARLY weekly Sabbath which serves as the Beginning point for counting 50 days to Pentecost.

The counting method here takes into consideration that the harvest does not come exactly on the same day every year. Hence, the sheaf offering is offered after the regular Sabbath when it does come. Your theory would demand that no other day but the 16th could be used to offer first fruits. Well, harvest time does not operate every year upon that kind of rigidness. The firstfruit offering is to be offered the "morrow after" the regular Sabbath whenever harvest could be gathered and from that starting point they began to count toward Pentecost using REGULAR weekly Sabbaths.

Therefore, Friday served as the HIGH sabbath but Sunday served as the "morrow after the" REGULAR weekly Sabbath and thus the day of offering the firstfruits - the resurrection of Christ.

#60 Dr. Walter, Jul 10, 2011