1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just As I Am (God So Loved The World)

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by GordonSlocum, Nov 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reformedbeliever

reformedbeliever New Member

This thread started with Gordon questioning the salvation, and bashing an historical Baptist view of salvation. Now two freewillers have questioned the salvation of reformed brothers... since bro. bob questioned mine... or actually told me I'm lost. Did any of the reformed tradition question their salvation? Lets get real.... where are the mods?

2. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Oh, I apoligize for saying you need to be born again but not that you need to repent.
    You ran Brandon off and I wanted to talk with him. I might of learned something. With you that is impossible.

3. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

Please don't speak for me Bob, I haven't been run off by anyone. I'm not sure where the hate comes from on both sides. I guess it could be Satan's method of divide and conquer (a method that has worked all too well against modern Christianity). I don't know what the keys talk is about and I don't know about your history with fellow boardmembers.

However, in this thread the OP is full of hate in my opinion so it seems both sides have their ugly participants at one time or another. It's unfortunate too and conduct unbecoming of Christ not matter what your theological bents are.

4. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Granted you can speak for yourself and as far as my history with fellow boardmembers probably not much different than anyone else's when they confront a Calvinist, so if you don't mind I will handle that part of it.

5. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

As a non calvinist I believe this too, and DO NOT deny God's sovereign rule. The difference lies in the fact I won't read into what the passage is NOT saying.

The calvinist believes John 10:27-28 is saying "Those who are not His sheep are not drawn" and from John 6:44 "Those who don't come to the Son were never drawn". The converse and inverse are assumed as immutable truth, when in fact they are not.
    Brother, you show you have no clue what non calvinists believe. You state calvinism focuses on the Lord and His sovereign rule. Why, then, all of the calvinist theologian avatars? Constant references to the "who's who" of calvinists? Threads on "______ is a calvinistic month" with birthday's of the "who's who's"? It does breed arrogance and pride. All one has to do is go throught the threads posted by the likes of calvinists on the BB and this is evident. Calvinism focuses on sovereignty all right, at the expense of His righteousness.
    Nothing but personal opinion and preference. YOU say the above are confused and the other men "know what they are talking about". Did the Holy Spirit fail the first group? Is the minority (roughly 10%) of pastors the only ones not confused? I bet...

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Everyone needs to chill out for a bit. I am heartily sick of the constant name calling, ad hominem attacks and lack of grace on this subject. It does nothing to edify the body of Christ or the world at large.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.