1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Curious on the thoughts about what happened to the Ark of the Covenant

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Dec 22, 2011.

1. beameup

beameup Member

All the implements for the Third Temple have been recreated in anticipation of the rebuilding of the temple proper.
    The last name of Cohen qualifies one as a priest. All the priests vestments have also been recreated.
    http://www.templemountfaithful.org/

Matt 24:15
    When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place
    2 Thes 2:4
    Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

2. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think the ark of the covenant is still in existence and is being quietly and closely guarded by a certain government in the Middle East.

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

That's a good thought there, Brother. I have thought that Jesus took it with Him when He left, but who knows. When I get there, I am not going on a hunt to find it. I want to praise my King for what He did for me. So I will be busy doing other things......but that is a really good post to ponder upon.

4. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The queen under special orders from the king secreted it away to Ethiopia (before the kingdom was divided at his death), where it remained under guard of African Jews who converted to Christianity under the influence of the Apostle Andrew (Peter's brother), if I recall correctly.

This is the only known Christian Jewish group linked directly to the Apostles in existence, today.

Israel refused to recognize them as Jews until DNA testing proved the truth of the matter.

It is unknown if the ark is still under the care of this group.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/people-places/ark-covenant-200712.html

5. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

I tend to think if He took it with Him, such an significant fact may have been written in the Scriptures. I believe things such as these, the Ark of the Covenant, the Temple, the Tabernacle &c are all types of things in Heaven.

6. SolaSaint

SolaSaint Well-Known Member

Bob is a Christian Archaeologist who has done some great work. Google him, he believes that the Ark is still on Earth hidden I believe in Ethiopa? He does a lot of work with Brannon Howse.

7. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

I was going to post this same response. The next time anyone will see the Ark of the Covenant, it will be in the last days.

8. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

2 Maccabees 2:4-8. I believe the reference in Revelation 11 is symbolic.

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  10. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    could be just before or after the Rapture**

Salty

** please no snide remarks about no rapture - if you don't believe it, start a new thread and discuss when you think the ark will be found....

11. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

I believe the reference to the ark in Revelation 11 is symbolic of Mary. Read Revelation 11:19 in conjunction with what follows immediately in 12:1.

12. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

Could you put a little flesh on that bone? Like you, I don't want snide remarks about the rapture but I really don't see the connection.

13. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, OK I have heard that interpretation before.

HankD

14. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If Memory Serves Me....

....it is in an undisclosed warehouse, somewhere in the continental US. Maybe even at Area 51? :laugh:

Great post, and some good comments, opinions and thoughts.

15. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

I just heard that Cpt Kirk, brought the Enterprise back in time to NM, and they picked up some cargo......

16. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No Way!

That's an old rumor, Salty, but, then again, you never know...now beam me up, because resistance is "futile!" :wavey:

17. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

You think God will allow it to be 'rediscovered" during the last days, by Isreal say as a sign still with them as their God?

18. beameup

beameup Member

That is my understanding. In the "last days", as per Ezekiel 37, Israel will reestablish the religious system given to them by God through Moses.
    All the nations of the world will allow every last Jew to return to Israel, and all Israelis will be religious Jews observing the Law.

This, of course, will be an impediment to the Antichrist's take-over of the entire planet and be worshiped as God. Of course all true born-again believers
    will no longer be on planet Earth.

19. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

There are quite a few things that will happen in and to Israel in the last days. One of which is a renewed temple worship of some sort.

I expect that events currently ongoing in the Middle East are leading up to the potential for Israel to regain the temple mount. After that, start looking for the arrival of the end days. One thing will be the rediscovery of certain biblical relics, potentially including the Ark of the Covenant.

As a side note, I don't see a universal rapture of the saints before some of these things happen. Still believers on earth through many of the scenes in Revelation up until Jesus' 1000 year millennial reign. Those supporting a view of the pre-trib rapture of the church have to explain how these believers are on the earth when they also hold that the Holy Spirit has been removed, which would make salvation of existing lost persons impossible.

20. JesusFan

JesusFan Well-Known Member

We tend to see it as being that the Holy spirit is still here, as he is Omnipresent, but that He has gone back to dealing with peoples as in OT times...

God still saves those whom are his own, but that they are not as in NT times filled and sealed, more like marked by Him for God!