1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Curious on the thoughts about what happened to the Ark of the Covenant

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by quantumfaith, Dec 22, 2011.

1. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

As the representation of the presence of God, the ark become a useless piece of furniture when the veil was rent. The old covenant is fulfilled forever. Christ has offered the sacrifice of His own blood within the true holy of holies in heaven. Once this happened, all physical aspects of the old covenant became meaningless. The types of Christ, His sacrifice & the new covenant in His blood have no power, place or purpose after the anti-type has come to fruition.

2. blackbird

blackbird Active Member

I appreciate your explaination----top notch----"You have done your homework, Grasshopper!!"

The Hebrew writer tells us that the old is a shadow/picture of the new!!

Now----what would be a most favorable thing for me to do??? Kiss my wife----or kiss a picture of my wife???

See what I mean????

3. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

The ark may have been more than “a representation of the presence of God.” See, e.g., 1 Samuel 5:3-4; 6:19-20; 2 Samuel 6:7. Moreover, if it is only a useless piece of furniture, how do you explain its presence in Revelation 11:19?

4. michael-acts17:11

Site Supporter

That is not the ark of the "old law" covenant. It is referring to the New Covenant. I am basing this fact in Hebrews 9 & 10. Hebrews explains the differentiation between the dead old covenant, which was a figure of the true, & the living new covenant. In fact, Hebrews is the great explainer of the New Covenant & the elimination of the old law covenant. This fact also precludes the possibility of a reestablished covenant of law for the state of Israel. :D

What was the purpose of the ark of the old covenant? It was the physical representation of the true holy of holies where God resigns. The fascination with the ark, the holy grail, the shroud of turin, etc is all superstitious nonsense. It is a preoccupation with physical items which hold no power in the true spiritual realm. I hope everyone here understands the spiritual immaturity in placing any eternal value on these religious trinkets. I would highly recommend that you read Hebrews 8-10 & examine your beliefs in light of these chapters.

In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away. (Heb 8:13)

But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building; Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us. (Heb 9:11-12)

For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us: (Heb 9:24)

Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin. Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus, By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh; (Heb 10:18-20)

We have an altar, whereof they have no right to eat which serve the tabernacle. (Heb 13:10)

Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
    (Heb 13:20)

#64 michael-acts17:11, Dec 30, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2011
  5. th1bill

th1bill Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist