1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Curious...Why did you choose the Avatar you did?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Joe, Aug 18, 2007.

1. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Personally, I chose not to pick and post an avatar, or a picture. :D

Ed

2. charles_creech78

charles_creech78 New Member

I findly changed my picture. WARNING do not look at it long you will go blind.

3. charles_creech78

Man I really need to shave my face.

4. charles_creech78

Ok this might not be up there long because I do not like looking at myself.

5. SBCPreacher

SBCPreacher Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I chose a saying rather than a picture. We'd better all "Be Ready." I'm kinda' like charles_creech - I don't know if I could look at my pic that often (and I don't want to scare people away).

Personally, I liked Bitsy's pirate pic from some motnths ago. Gib, wasn't that your handiwork?

6. charles_creech78

:laugh: :laugh:
    Yes I keep looking at my picture wanting to yell at it saying stop looking at me.:laugh:

7. Joe

Joe New Member

I say...you look good bro :thumbs:

#47 Joe, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  8. charles_creech78

I see you done gone and looked at it to long. It made you blind. :laugh: Thanks Joe.

#48 charles_creech78, Aug 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2007
  9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Hey, you're a guy....who cares what you look like :)
    I am just glad I can get an idea of who is posting.

Of course with me you get to see how cute my daughter is.

But then I am biased :)

10. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Silly Charles ;)

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

I like the idea of helping each other in a forum like this. Mine is hands helping hands...

Jamie

12. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Me too, I help the CA every chance I get..........:)

13. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

My avatar was an image done up by a Christian brother. It is in honor of the Christian evangelist and political prisoner, Kent Hovind, who was sentenced to 10 years in jail for not being a publican, and withdrawing money from his own account in denominations less than $10,000 and not reporting it, even though the law only required reporting of greater than $10,000. His conviction was only made possible by two Christian Judas' and a judge who changed the jury instructions during the closing arguments to less than $10,000 rather than greater than $10,000. Prostitutes, drug-dealers, thieves, rapists, pedophiles, and murderers will typically spend less time in jail than the 10 years that Hovind has been set-up for. Thus, I have the avatar as a constant reminder to myself and others to pray for Kent Hovind and to pray for his wife, Jo, who will be going to prison for one year at the end of the month for not reporting withdrawals of less than $10,000.

14. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

No pictures of me. I'm not photogenic and when I had to present a pic to the school board in order to be liscensed as a substitute it came down to a choice between my high school graduation photo, one that was taken when I was in college as part of a fundraiser, or a snapshot that someone took of me when we moved into this house. The snapshot won.

My avatar is one of my huskies. I'm about ready to change it, but haven't had time to decide what I want to change it to.

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Rufus;
    There must be more to it than just a $10,000 dollar withdrawal of you own money. There must of been a tax free program involved such as IRA fund or something. I withdraw that many times, never had any trouble. Also, its the banks responsibility to report the withdrawal if it is necessary. I heard what you said before, so I ask my bank when I was taking out $28,000 this year, and they said no problem.
    Unless there is a law, I do not know of. Maybe he claimed a $10,000 dollar donation to charity or something, but must of been more to it. IMO

Seems, he withdrew several times almost $10,000 from a tax free organization for his salary and didn't pay taxes. At least that is what is posted on google. He withdrew the day he was arrested $70,000. Maybe he should of had a better book keeper or accountant. I guess he was doing it on his own with his wife's help, and failed to pay taxes. Someone must of turned him in, is my opinion. The feds don't keep track of every $10,000 withdrawn from an account, they don't have the manpower.

BBob,

#55 Brother Bob, Aug 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2007
  16. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

You know, things like this should be considered public records. Has anyone checked to see if the primary sources(court transcripts) have been made available on the internet? Nothing better than the primary sources to make clear what was going on in the minds of those involved.

Probably should take this question to a new thread though and not hijack this one.

17. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

Well there is more to it but I don't want to turn this into a Kent Hovind thread. Bottom-line relative to this thread is, his case is why I chose the avatar I chose.

18. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Ok, no offense meant...........

19. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

None taken.

20. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I chose mine because it is me and my boy watching a ball game...it doesn't get much better than that!