1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Don’t Call It the “word of God”

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by AVBunyan, Aug 22, 2004.

1. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Unless there is a reason for keeping this open I plan to close it at 1200 EDT today.

Let me know if there are valid reasons for keeping it alive.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    KJVBT:I have said before that I believe that if you are not 100% KJVO you are against it.

But, with all due respect, and as succinctly as I can say it, you believe incorrectly.

3. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't see any...KJVBT is supposed to come out soon with some earth-shaking paper showing why all us poor deluded multiple-version users arw wrong, but hopefully he begins a new thread with it instead of adding to an old one.

Who knows...he just turned 16! When I wuz that age, I spent half my time with football, half my time with girls, & half my time with baseball. Maybe he has a fresh eye for a stale doctrine, but I hafta hoist a red flag because he threatened to quote GIPP in another thread.

But as for this topic, it's turned into the same ole same ole. But maybe that's the way it's meant to be. It's been going on in every board I've been on since the 'Net began.

4. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

KJVBibleThumper shows the usual KJV-only propensity for drawing different conclusions from the ones actually warranted by my statements:

You say the NASB is Gods Word, right? Then would you be happy to be known as "NASBO"?

You are assuming, falsely, that the NASB is the only English translation rightly called the Word of God. This is approximately as foolish as asking whether Fords are the only cars.

You provided NO proof that the differing bible versions are similar

Try opening them up and comparing them. I see no need to provide "proof" of the self-evident.

That kind of ineptness is why I am laughing at you.

. . [​IMG]
    . [​IMG] . [​IMG]
    [​IMG] . . . [​IMG]
    . [​IMG] . [​IMG]
    . . [​IMG]