1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just got the Reformation Study Bible, ESV

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Spoudazo, Mar 11, 2005.

1. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

But don't ask me to review how the Reformation Study Bible edition is, because I just got it! It even has my name on it now (for free as well!) :cool: It's a black genuine leather binding as well [​IMG]

2. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Here are some pictures [​IMG]
    ESV Reformation Study Bible1
    [​IMG]

Another Good Note:
    I spoke with one of the workers at the Christian bookstore (Cross-Way) and he too was concerned about the "translation" called the TNIV. He had placed some literature in the store showing the errors of that translation, however it was "confiscated. . .to be reviewed" by the management. Hopefully, I can stop by and drop off some more information on it or speak to them personally. I know where the owner lives, so I guess I may need to just post something on his door about the TNIV, j/k ;)

Well, off to bed for me. Well, I'm going to try to go to bed if I can put down my new Bible! What a blessing indeed to have "God's Word in our hands" [​IMG]

[ March 11, 2005, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Spoudazo ]

3. Junia

Junia New Member

Thanks for the pics Spoudazo. I've been waiting for months to see one! It looks almost identical to my NKJV Reformation Study Bible published by Nelson. The notes look word for word identical in the Haggai book introduction. I was hoping for a bit more of a revision over my current one (along the lines of the NIV Spirit of the Reformation Study Bible published by Zondervan.

This makes it much more difficult to justify buying yet another Reformed study bible, although it's probably worth the price just for the ESV translation alone.

Maybe I can ease my conscience by giving my NKJV version to somebody needy. [​IMG]

4. APuritanMindset

APuritanMindset New Member

This study Bible is one of the BEST study Bibles available. I baught a copy of the hardback one, and it is WONDERFUL. Whether you are Reformed or not, all should have a copy of this valuable tool on their shelves.

5. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I enjoy my Reformation/New Geneva Study Bible with the NKJV text.

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

Dear friend,

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss [​IMG] . If there is anything that I can do to help you get through this time of trial, please do not hesitate to ask.

[​IMG]

7. west

west New Member

I have the one in the NKJ .
    My son has been wanting to get a Bible in the ESV .He has and uses the New Geneva in the NKJ .I told him about the ESV in the New Geneva (Reformation )and sent him the info on it .I think he'll be ordering one soon .I guess the notes on the Sprit of the Reformation Bible are very good also .

I wonder if the Life Applicauon Study Bible will come out in the ESV and HCSB anytime sooner or later ?

8. BruceB

BruceB New Member

West, I inquired of one of the young men that work in our local Lifeway Store about when a Study Bible in HCSB would be available. He said that he thought the first one coming out would be the entire Bible with notes similar to the New Testament that is already out (the one containing Blackaby's notes). Bruce

9. Spoudazo

Spoudazo New Member

Dear friend,

I am deeply saddened to hear of your loss [​IMG] . If there is anything that I can do to help you get through this time of trial, please do not hesitate to ask.

[​IMG]
    </font>[/QUOTE]No, it's my gain thanks to God. [​IMG]

10. west

west New Member

Thanks Bruce .I'll have to look into that .

11. Broadus

Broadus Member

The Reformation Study Bible with the ESV will prove to be a great combination. I, too, have the New Geneva NKJV, and appreciate it a lot.

Blessings,
    Bill