1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just how free is the will of one with free will?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by percho, Jul 4, 2012.

1. percho

percho Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hebrews 2:5 For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

The world οἰκουμένην the earth inhabited. The world to come whereas we spear I would take to be the coming kingdom of God. Will not be subject to angels and or former angels as in Satan.

Rev. 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

World same οἰκουμένην the earth inhabited.

Rev. 20:1-3 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand. And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years, And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up, and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled: and after that he must be loosed a little season.

As I asked, just how free is your free will? Why would it be necessary to bind the deceiver being we are so capable of making these decisions on our own.