1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Out Of Curiousity....

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Frenchy, May 4, 2006.

1. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Let's see, heard the sermon from my pastor 17 years ago, and got the tape. Hey i have a great memory, but not something i use very often the story of Isaac and Abraham. why the sarcasm and following me around?

I remembered all the important stuff didn't I?
    Bet you didn't know any of it?

2. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    check

3. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Why would make that last statement? You can not possibly provide evidence to support that statement. Likewise, you don't know what donna knows and what she does not. Perhaps she just read the account a Abraham and Issac this morning in her quiet time? Only she could answer that and only she can say if she knows any of the basic facts regarding that passage of Scripture, and as brothers and sisters in Christ we ought to accept her upon her word. So, again why would you make such a charge against her? By doing so you completely fail to show grace to her as required by BB Posting Rule 3.

4. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Yes i have agood idea since she had to google some info

5. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

It makes no difference where or how she learned what she is professing. What is important is that she takes what the pastor said and goes back to her own Bible and verifies his interpretation just like the Bereans did with Paul. So let's show her a little grace here according to BB Posting Rule 3.

6. donnA

donnA Active Member

Important stuff? Like scripture?
    Following you, nope this is an open forum for any members of the BB to post on.
    Know any of it? If it were scritpure I would, but it isn't.

I searched scripture, and these are all the verses about Abel.

Genesis 4:2
    And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground

Genesis 4:4
    And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the LORD had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

Genesis 4:8
    And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

Genesis 4:9
    And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

Genesis 4:25
    And Adam knew his wife again; and she bare a son, and called his name Seth: For God, said she, hath appointed me another seed instead of Abel, whom Cain slew

Matthew 23:35
    That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar.

Luke 11:51
    From the blood of Abel unto the blood of Zacharias which perished between the altar and the temple: verily I say unto you, It shall be required of this generation

Hebrews 11:4
    By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh.

Hebrews 12:24
    And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

Q. Who were the wives of Cain and Abel? Where did they come from?

(Submitted by: Robin)

A. The question of Cain's wife been bandied about for centuries, but I go with your assessment that Cain's wife was his sister. You referred to Abel's wife, but I wonder if you meant Seth. We have no biblical record of Abel having taken a wife, or of having children, but Seth would have taken his wife as Cain did.[/quote]

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/cainwife.html

I did find this in the koran though, seems the teaching that abel had a wife comes from islam.

http://www.pitt.edu/~dash/cain.html#koran

http://answering-islam.org/Index/C/cain_and_abel.html

So unless I'm interested in islamic teachings, which I am not, then theres nothing to know.

7. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I'm confused what?

8. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Again, you are leveling a charge against your sister in Christ about which you can not possibly have any sure knowledge. Stop doing such things and show her grace according to BB Posting Rule 3.

9. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

I knew you would google it great job. there was another one i was thinking of in 1 or 2 Chron

10. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

BB look on page one she has a link for her bible verses on Isaac. so i assumed she looked it up so what?

How old do you think Isaac was BB?

11. donnA

donnA Active Member

Rather look something up and know what I am talking about then say I got it from a tape and have no verses for it.

12. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Like I said there is no way for us to know for sure when, where, or how she got her information. It is entirely possible that she provided the Link as support for her research done in her own Bible, or equally possible that she provided the Link for the benefit of the people that read this forum. Therefore, because other valid possibilities exist it wrong for you or anyone else to accuse her of not knowing her Bible and always relying on an internet search to find what she posts. You fail to show her any grace as your sister in Christ as required by BB Posting Rule 3. That is the Big Deal.

The Bible does not say specifically how old Issac was when Abraham placed him on the altar. So we can not know for certain. However, we can take the facts surrounding the event, his parents ages at his birth and his age at their deaths etc. and come up with a possible range for his age when his father took him up on the mountain. An age range is as close as we can come. Trying to argue that we can know his exact (or a specific) age at that time is like trying to argue that we can prove from the Bible that Jesus was actually born on December 25th. It is nonsense.

13. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Not really the link has the exact info. but hey you are determined to prove me wrong and stick up for your buddies so good night you WIN.
    let me know when you find out that i did anything unethical ok.

14. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

The bible does say in so many words and dates. I just have to do my research, like i said i wouldn't say it if i couldn't prove it. but i may be banned tomorrow right? so you all will have to take my word for it. maybe someone can find it on the net. to tell you the truth i haven't even tried to look there or had the time.

15. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

As I have told you previously I do not know Donna from Adam (or Eve as the case maybe). I don't recall whether or not I have ever interacted with her previously on the BB. Therefore, you again throw out a groundless charge against a brother in Christ and fail to show any grace toward me just because I disagree with you. Sad...

I'll let you know what the Christain Counseling Professors say about your posts.

16. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

A buddy would be anyone who has been here from day one. I'm not that stupid to not know how things work

17. standingfirminChrist

not trying to be funny, but if you go telling counsellors about Frenchy's posts, wouldn't that be gossiping on your behalf?

18. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

No because she posted her material in an open public forum that anyone in the entire world can access via the Internet. She did not tell me something in confidence and she asked me to prove my position and that she had done something unethical as a Christian Counselor. In effect, she gave me her permission to discuss her posts with others. You will need to read the other thread where this whole debate started in order to see what I am talking about.

19. Bible-boy

Bible-boy Active Member

Well since this message board has been around way longer than either Donna or I have been members (you can tell by the registered date at the bottom of our posts) neither of us have been here since "day one." Therefore, your logic fails you once again. Additionally, I have already told you that I do not know Donna nor do I recall ever previously interacting with her here on the BB. Again, your logic fails you. My debate with you has nothing to do the any other personality on the forum. I simply disagreed with something you stated and we started to dialog, end of story.

20. standingfirminChrist

interesting, BB. From what I can see, if Frenchy is indeed guilty of gossip (talebearing), then Carolinas is certainly guilty of gossip as well. As far as that goes, half the posters on the BB speak of others' posts or pm's at some time or another.

So, we have established guilt of talebearing on at least two definite accounts... what do we do now? Jesus said 'Let he that is without sin among you cast the first stone.' I know I am not perfect, so I will not be picking up any stones.

I have an idea, let's just pray for them.