1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just read a book by Arlen Chitwood concernind salvation and its very good has anyone

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by TaliOrlando, Apr 17, 2008.

1. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Just read a book by Arlen Chitwood concernind salvation and its very good has anyone read any books by Arlen Chitwood. I just read his book Salvation by Grace through Faith and its amazing..... :thumbs:

2. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Who recommended that book to you? Arlen Chitwood is a Millennial Exclusionist. Millennial Exclusion is heresy and people who teach this heresy of ME have been banned off of the BB. There were at least 6 banned last year for teaching and promoting ME.

Also, he teaches two types of salvation.

Be careful of Arlen Chitwood's teachings. Just a friendly warning.

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Chitwood is amazing all right, amazing that one could take such simple scriptures and twist them into pretzles! Chitwood is a heretic. I have read his book on Salvation of the Soul (which by the way he has recently rewritten I believe, I haven't read his new version) but the old version is a pathetic interpretation of scriptures.

Careful that he does not draw you into his trappings.

God Bless! :wavey:

4. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Just two more cents....

Chitwood does sound doctrinally perfect on salvation by grace, however, he is reffering to only the spirit that is saved by grace. Then you must save your own soul by works in his distortion of scripture. And one cannot know how many works it will take to avoid a 1000 years of torture in the outer darkness!

God bless! :thumbs:

5. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

A friend of mine, mailed it to me. People were banned because of this? :tonofbricks:

6. Linda64

Linda64 New Member

Check your PM, Tali

7. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

Wow... well. I have only read that saved by grace one and like you said it was doctrinally perfect.

Thanks for all your input though!!! You guys are always amazing and helpful!!!!

8. steaver

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have a brother who is caught up in this heresy of a seperate salvation for the soul and a few years ago I emailed Chitwood directly to ask some questions. I filed it and here is what he said....

God Bless! :thumbs:

9. TaliOrlando

TaliOrlando New Member

To be honest, I am amazed at how many versions or ways of looking at the word of God there is. I mean, its crazy, there is so much division in the body of Christ. It honestly sometimes makes me sadl :praying: