1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just Started H3Online

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by untangled, Feb 18, 2005.

1. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey People,

I just started Southeastern's online program because I couldn't find a job up in Wake Forest. Anyway, I've found that I'm really excited about starting back. This semester I'm taking Christian Missions and OT: Pent and His. Books.

At first when I signed up for the missions course I thought it would be different than it is. I am nicely surprised that it actually has alot of theological studies involved. Anyone here ever taken any courses in missiology?

Well, I guess the point of my post is to say how excited I am about finally getting back in seminary. I wish I could turn back the clock and have started SEBTS when I graduated with my B.S. three years ago. [​IMG]

In Christ,

Brooks

P.S. Wow! I expected to read alot in seminary but there is quite alot of reading to do. Ever wonder if you're mind can hold that much info? :eek: [​IMG]

2. Broadus

Broadus Member

Congratulations, Brooks.

A lot of reading? Yes. I'm sure you're in a good program.

The only missiology course I took at Southern was an intro.

I hope you do well. Hang in there---they will be a lot of work to do after the euphoria wears off.

Bill

3. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, I'm sure there's a lot of work. I enjoy learning, I'll just have to get used to taking in so much info. Thanks for the reply. God Bless.

In Christ,

Brooks

4. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    untangled,

Congrats and "stay by the stuff!" It takes a lot of character to go back and do all the other "stuff" in our lives WITH school.

I am proud that you are in school and in the ministry. I am proud to have you as a colleague. There has been quit a bit of discussion of types of ministerial education here on the BB. The only, yea the best, type is the type that costs you something in all areas: financially, emotionally, familially, as well as spiritually. God will reward your excellence. I cannot understand why any of God's servants want to take "the easy route?"

I commend you for your commitment. I salute you and your efforts. May God bless all that you do to please him and bring Glory to His name!!

sdg!

rd
    sdg!

rd

5. Rhetorician

Rhetorician Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pardon the duplication and mistake.

6. untangled

untangled Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for the kind words Rhetorician. May God bless you and the ministry which He has called you to.

In Christ,

Brooks