1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Just wondering...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by exscentric, Sep 10, 2010.

1. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Which statement?

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    No insult at all. Who gave the order to send them to foreign countries to fight? The U.S. government.

3. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

The one where you said that atheism is the preferred religion of all liberals.

4. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I didn't make that statement on this thread.

On another thread I did write: "Congress hasn't been making "law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof" except of course atheism which is the favored religion of all liberals.'' Rather blunt isn't it?

The only religion Congress seems to "respect" today is atheism. There seems to me to be an increasingly strong connection between liberalism and atheism as well. When a person starts thinking like a liberal then I think they're in danger of leaning towards atheistic beliefs. When they adopt the liberal corruption of the original Constitutional intents then they end up supporting exactly what secular atheists want to hear. They do seem to run together and more so as time passes.

Do I think every liberal is literally an atheist in an absolute one for one correlation - no, I don't. Do I think there's a strong association and danger in liberal thinking that leads to atheist thinking - yes, I do. I generally don't like liberals - I can try but it hardly ever works out very well - because I think they do our nation great harm. I have There's no point in hiding it!

Do I think there's a one to one connection between conservatives and Christians - no, absolutely not! But I do think conservatives ideology is much more in line with Biblical theology than liberalism.

Does that answer your question? I know you won't agree which is okay. I just want to be sure you get my answer since you asked nicely.

#24 Dragoon68, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 12, 2010
  5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know. But I'm thinking of the moment. Listen to me.

At very least it can buy some time. This koran burning was supposedly threatened as a retaliation because of the mosque being built at ground zero.

The next thing they will want is a "call to prayer" from the mineret on top of the mosque. So then there will be a daily reminder of 9/11 from the "Religion of Peace" and the name of their deity heard all around the world trade district five times a day.

I'm not sure what the solution is except that we are falling right into their (radical islam) hands. Their tactics are very cunning. surley there is a solution which doesn't involve violence.

They know how to play the system The "Freedom of Religion" wild card.

Violence from us is exactly what they want, to provoke us to violence so they can say "how are you any dfifferent than us?" and justify more violence on their side in retaliation.

This imam IMO is a farce. he is trying to "bring unity" - baloney - they want to provoke us to anger.

We need to outsmart them, not play into their evil hands.

For example
    OK, they want a multi-faith religious center, then require a Catholic chapel with the consecrated host in the Ciborium with statues of Jesus and Mary in the hall way (for example). That will go over like the proverbial lead baloon.

HankD

6. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think I understand what you're saying and I certainly respect your opinion.

I just don't think we have any time to buy. Islam is already past the doorstep. They're going to find something - one way or the other to cause trouble - as if 9/11 was not enough. They are using our own laws against us. They will continue to flaunt Islam in our face and demand more and more tolerance and respect for it. They will get lots of support for the usual political appeasers.

I could agree that we don't need to go prodding them in areas where there's no conflict but, from what I see, the conflict is already here and now. It has come to us! There's nothing much left to avoid!

7. FR7 Baptist

FR7 Baptist Active Member

I fail to understand why some conservatives make everything so personal. I have friends and family with whom I disagree on politics, but we like each other. Some of my best friends are Republicans.

While there are a small number of areas where the Holy Scriptures speak to current political issues, the Bible doesn't tell us what kind of government to have. I think it is an abuse of Scripture to try to use it to support any specific position on tax policy, for example.

You're right; I don't agree, but thanks for answering.

8. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Burning Korans doesn't place our troops in any more danger than they already are.

A much bigger problem is having a muslim sympathizer for a CIC.

9. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yep.

So's this one...almost all athiests are liberals.

There seems to be a correlation between the two.

10. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

Don't pretend like you're on a higher plane, my young friend, because you're right there in the heat of it as well.

It is personal to all of us because the matters are serious and effect us all personally.

I also have friends and family with whom I disagree. Come to think of it I see the same correlation amongst them.

#30 Dragoon68, Sep 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2010
  11. Dragoon68

Dragoon68 Active Member

I think drawing out the enemy is a good military tactic. Trying to avoid contact to keep the troops "safe" doesn't seem like the way to win a war. The objective is to get into the fight and kill the enemy to the point they want to quit - not sit back in comfort hoping they'll start liking us and won't plan on doing anything bad to us. If the latter is our plan then we ought just to come on back home now.

I wonder how long will it be before legislation is introduced to make Koran burning a federal hate crime?

12. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Indeed it is here, it arrived 9/11/2001. And yes if we have to declare all out war then so be it.

Soon enough Iran will a WMD of the worst kind.
    If they smuggle one in through our wide open borders and ... well nevermind ... then see how fast we will take action and give them their jihad but at what cost in terms of American lives lost.

Their ancient forte has been "cunning like a fox". Tell whatever lie the infidel will believe, shmooze him, then cut his throat (broadcast his screams on TV) after you have his trust if he doesn't submit to "the Religion of Peace".

I know there has been propaganda to try to deny this but radical islam is their own worst enemy. I believe it is the chink in their armor through which to shoot the arrow.

There has to be a strategy to out fox them, otherwise, I agree and too bad for them.

HankD