1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Justice Department Gave CIA Approval to Kill Al-Awlaki

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by mandym, Oct 2, 2011.

1. mandym

mandym New Member

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...cia-approval-to-kill-al-awlaki/#ixzz1ZgrNCEjK

2. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh, Man! Don't Let Obama Know That!

If I heard the news correctly, it was Obama that gave the order. I guess they all work for us, so it doesn't matter, or, does it? :laugh:

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

The Justice Department is a part of the Executive Branch. They are nothing more than advisers to President Obama. He is the ultimate head of every executive department. He is claiming credit for this.

The executive department cannot make laws. They cannot interpret laws. All the can do is enforce them. Here they made a law, interpreted it, and then executed it under the president's leadership. Where does the Justice Department, an executive advisory panel, get the right to remove a citizen's constitutional protection?

President Obama has way over stepped his powers here. He either doesn't understand the constitution or doesn't respect it. Either way he has proved his unfitness to lead through this action.

It is funny how he is criticised for not wearing his wedding ring, but supported for overriding the constitution.

Dennis Kucinich nailed it:

#3 NaasPreacher (C4K), Oct 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2011
  4. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    While I do believe this man was a terrorist, I think Obama went about this the wrong way. Traitors still get due process, right? I would think "terrorist" is someone NON-American born, while a "traitor" would be American born. Big difference.

Let's put the shoe on the other foot for a minute. What if the government decides an American-born, white male is a "terrorist" and decides to execute him? What's to stop it from happening? The constitution, of course. Only it seems the constitution is now being used for toilet paper these days.

If we don't speak up about this now, it will become a precedent for other cases. Next time, it might just be a white male with lots of guns and a beef against liberal government. . .and by then it will be too late to complain because the dictatorship will already be solidly established.