1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Justified before saved !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Sep 15, 2012.

1. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

You exegete nothing. You are a false witness because your beliefs are false. Scripture teaches truth. It is that simple!

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

I tell you what, I will not be laboring to explain something you bring to the debate, you explain it yourself . Now in the mean time, that which I have presented, you have not been able to disprove, just reject !

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Slain from the foundation of the World ! cont

Christ's Death for the Elect was an Eternal Offering, given through the Eternal Spirit Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

It the Death or Offering of Christ was from a Human perspective offered in time, but ordained before time for its objects 1 Pet 1:20

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you, The Church or the Elect of God 1 Pet 1:2, They would also be the foreknown of God Rom 8:29

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Rom 11:2

2 God hath not cast away his people which he foreknew. Wot ye not what the scripture saith of Elias? how he maketh intercession to God against Israel saying,

All those that would believe in God by Him 1 Pet 1:20-21

20 Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

21 Who by him do believe in God, that raised him up from the dead, and gave him glory; that your faith and hope might be in God.

And it's Meritorious Effects, His Death, are from Everlasting to Everlasting. The Effects of it had Eternal Influences on all that are Justified it from Pre Cross to Post Cross, and by it they all had been sanctified and perfected forever !

4. OldRegular

I repeat the following post for your information. The Scripture presented in that post is self explanatory to those with perception. The Scripture explains that Jesus Christ had to die so that Righteous God could justify, declare righteous, those who believe in Jesus Christ. Now that belief takes place in time, not before the foundation of the world, not before the believer even exists. Therefore, your claim that the elect are justified eternally is clearly false and absolute nonsense.

So I have explained the passage to you twice. Stop complaining . The Scripture clearly shows that you are spewing a false doctrine.

#104 OldRegular, Oct 15, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  5. OldRegular

More mystical nonsense. Where do you get the stuff you post. Wherever it comes from it smells.

Nothing in the Scripture you posted above say anything indicating that the elect are justified in eternity past. I have presented Scripture showing that man is justified by his faith. Man cannot exercise faith unless he is alive.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

1 Cor 1:18

18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For the message about the cross is nonsense to those who are being destroyed, but it is God's power to us who

7. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

Just because you repeated statements of denial and rejection do not mean nothing, that is not how you debate an issue.

I say it is, you say it aint lol..

As far as Rom 3:21-26 is concerned, as i stated before I embrace it. But I do not embrace you as one who knows the Truth, thats the difference, you are not Rom 3:21-26 nor do you understand it, you just quote it !

#107 savedbymercy, Oct 15, 2012
  8. OldRegular

Your belief in eternal justification is false.

#108 OldRegular, Oct 15, 2012
  9. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

You just do not believe God's Truth ! I have given it to you !

10. Gregory Perry Sr.

Gregory Perry Sr. Active Member

Oh My!!

You just demonstrated perfectly why the Calvinists mess up so badly when they build their doctrinal position on a parable. It is much like the problem that the Charismatics have trying to build their doctrines on the transitional book of Acts and the Paul's letters of rebuke in 1 and 2nd Corinthians. WOW!!!

Bro.Greg

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

gp

And you just demonstrated perfectly how one rejects God's Truth !

12. OldRegular

Bro.Greg

You fail to understand that the pope has been replaced as the sole arbiter of the inerrant Word of God in all of God's creation by a coup d'état! So who is next?

13. Gregory Perry Sr.

Time For A Little Jude vs3 "contending"!

Fair warning...duck for cover...incoming Truth Grenade!!!

Brother...and I will call you brother...fortunately that is only your opinion! Interestingly, the views BOTH of us expressed are the products of a debate that is so polarized that it is certain that neither of us will likely ever come out on top. I believe I'm right and you're wrong...and you believe the opposite. The truth is somewhere in the middle I'm sure. For the record...from a contextual point of view, I believe I have a firm grasp on the eternal truths of a loving and merciful God Who by His marvelous Grace saves all poor sinners who call upon His name in repentance and faith. He is (without adding to or taking anything from the Word of God) a "whosoever will" God by His choice and His grace and it is NOT His will that any should perish...though many will simply by proudly rejecting Him in unbelief. You may believe what you wish. I'll follow the God of Abraham,Isaac, and Jacob while you follow the man whose heroes were Origen,Jerome, Augustine..... and probably Mary too. Great shades of the Holy Mother Church! That reformation...as good as it may have been simply did not go far enough! Thank God (and I mean that sincerely and as humbly as possible) I'm NOT a "protestant"! Go ahead....you may now demonize me to your hearts content. (I'm sure you probably will....) I'm just tired of the Calvinists consigning people my Lord died for to Hell without any choice in the matter. There...I said it...I'm done!

Bro.Greg

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

gp

No Its God's Truth !

15. OldRegular

Paul states the elect were dead in trespasses and sins and were by nature children of wrath, even as the rest until God made us alive, saved us![/QUOTE]

sbm would have us believe that those whom God had justified, declared righteous, in eternity past are during our lifetime dead in trespasses and sins and by nature children of wrath. I would remind sbm that God is not the Author of confusion.

The Apostle Paul also tells us:

Romans 8:29, 30
    29. For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
    30. Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

sbm would have us believe that God justified the elect before they received the effectual call, that is, unless he believes we received the call before we existed!

#115 OldRegular, Oct 15, 2012
  16. Gregory Perry Sr.

Really?

Really?? No...that's just your very subjective opinion. It is the version of "truth" (as it were) that you cling to. I acknowledge ONLY that you are entitled to do so by your own Free Will:smilewinkgrin:!

Bro.Greg:laugh:

17. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

gp

Yes really !

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

They were. But that says nothing about them not being Justified. The scripture says that even while the elect were enemies, they were reconciled to God by the Death of His Son Rom 5:10

10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

And one cannot be Reconciled to God without being Justified, made Right Legally !

19. OldRegular

You are shuckin and jivin; shufflin your feet so to speak. The issue is not whether the elect are justified it is when. You falsely insist they are justified eternally. The Apostle Paul settles the issue to those with perception.

Romans 5:1. Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ:

Nonexistent people, elect or not, do not have faith!

The Apostle tells us further:

Romans 4:25. Who was delivered for our offences, and was raised again for our justification.

Now Jesus Christ was raised after He died and was buried.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

or

No I am giving you the Truth which you reject and are incapable of proving wrong.