1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Justified while Ungodly !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Until its applied effectually by God towards the elect, and TAHT happens at moment of their faith in christ, they are sinners under wrath of God!

election does NOT save anyone, nor does Jesus death on their behalf UNTIL faith gets access to that grace, when God applies it and changes us from sinner to saint!

2. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God never charged His Elect with sin and condemnation !

3. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Then they never needed to be "saved" or "redeemed" or "conformed" or "regenerated" or "justified by faith" as those things are only for those CONDEMNED UNDER LAW. Go figure!

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Elect were never charged with their sins and condemnation, but they were made sinners, and they needed to be saved from that. But not condemnation, it was never charged to them ! It was charged, do not get me wrong, but not to them, But to Guess Who ? Jesus Christ !

5. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

If they were never charged with sins then they never needed a Savior or a redeemer or need to be JUSTIFIED as the term JUSTIFIED is a LEGAL term used in court for only those who have been CHARGED with crime, guilt, sin! Go figure!

If they were never charged then neither would Christ need to be Charged or condemned as he acted IN THEIR PLACE and if they were never charged or condemned then Christ MISREPRESENTED THEM if he were charged and condemned IN THEIR PLACE! Go figure!

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

That is the most non sensical statement I ever heard. He was their Saviour first and foremost because their Sins were charged to Him and Not them ! He was their Surety setup before the world bagan.

7. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

The cross did not occur in eternity past but in time. He took their place IN TIME. He became their substitute IN TIME. He did not actually literally die, redeem, justify, sanctify, glorify them before the world began becuase they never actually and literally existed but IN TIME. "What I HAVE purposed; I WILL DO it.?

The term "justify" is a LEGAL term used in court to describe the action taken toward those formerly CHARGED with crime! Those never charged legally never need to be justified in eternity or in time. Go figure!

8. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

Yes the Cross did occur in time, however the Surety was setup before Time !

9. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

By Covenant Purpose ONLY not by Covenant fulfillment or covenant actions

"What I have purposed, I WILL DO it."

However, you would have God say "What I HAVE purposed; I HAVE ALREADY FUFILLED and don't need to do it." Go figure!

10. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Covenant was a Real Transaction before the world began. And Christ became its Surety really before the world began. So are you now denying the existence of an actual everlasting Covenant before the world began ? it appears you are !

11. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Elect were made Just before God, while they were Ungodly !

For Rom 5:10 states that even while they were enemies, or we can even say while they were ungodly, They were reconciled to God how ? Not by their believing, or their faith, or their repentance, then how so ? By the Death of God's Son !

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

That is a deliberate misquote. Why?

Romans 5:10 For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.

Throughout this passage Paul uses the pronoun "we."

Why did you use "they"? Are you not part of the "we"?

Perhaps Romans 5:8 holds the key:
    Romans 5:8 But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
    He demonstrated his toward US.
    While WE were yet sinners.

The first person plural pronouns such as we and us refer to a great multitude, in fact, they refer to the world, not just the elect. Christ demonstrated his love to the world. Christ died for the world. This is truth too great for you to fathom, isn't it?

13. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

dhk:

Being an enemie and being ungodly are the same !

14. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

God Justifies the Ungodly !

Rom 4:5

5 But to him that worketh not, but believeth on him that justifieth the ungodly, his faith is counted for righteousness.

15. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

A Covenant is an agreement TO DO something - that is the nature of the real transaction. That something was not already done or no covenant would be necessary. The covenant work of Christ was to be done IN THE FUTURE. The Covenant work of the Spirit was to be done IN THE FUTURE. No covenant would have been necessariy if the work had already been finished before the world began as you believe. Hence, "What I have purposed, I WILL DO it."

Your position is as nonsensical as stating a prophesy when given is already fulfilled in reality and in actuality!!!! If that were the case it could not be called a "prophesy" as the term prophesy in that kind of context refers to something predicted but not yet fulfilled.

Again, YOU make God a LIAR as you would make his words mean "What I HAVE PURPOSED; I HAVE ALREADY FINISHED" but that is not true of His eternal purpose and that is making God a liar when he says "I WILL do it."

16. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

the bib

I know what it is, but Christ became the Surety of the Covenant before The world began, as Surety He was under obligation and responsible for the sheep, and iniquity they would commit in time, be it in Adam or personally, He was charged with it unto His Suretyship, God did not condemn the sheep for their transgressions because of the Suretyship of Christ in the Everlasting Covenant before the world began !

17. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

No, you don't or would go on to say such nonsense as:

If you did understand what a covenant was you would have said, "Christ COMMITTED/OBLIGATED himself to be the surety of the Covenant before the world began but only fulfilled that covenant OBLIGATION when he came to earth and went to the cross and rose again!

You don't understand God's covenant, God's purpose or the fulfillment of that purpose in time and space as you confuse the covenant obligation with its fulfillment and then confuse the fulfillment of Christ's obligation with the fulfillment of the Holy Spirit's covenant obligation.

You have no idea what you are talking about and simply spouting out pure ignorance and deceiving yourself and others.

"What I HAVE purposed, I WILL DO it" - Isa. 46;11 - GO LEARN WHAT THIS MEANS AND THEN COME BACK AND DISCUSS THE ISSUES.

18. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Christ became the Surety of the Covenant before The world began,

19. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Here is our little "parrot" friend who cannot refute the evidence his interpretation is wrong and so he simply "repeats" his errors.

20. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

The Elect were made Just before God, while they were Ungodly !

For Rom 5:10 states that even while they were enemies, or we can even say while they were ungodly, They were reconciled to God how ? Not by their believing, or their faith, or their repentance, then how so ? By the Death of God's Son !

You are an enemy to the Death of Christ !