1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

JWs come calling on Sunday!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by bruren777, Nov 13, 2005.

1. bruren777

bruren777 New Member

I've never had this happen to me on Sunday, but a couple of JWs came to my door this afternoon while I was on the phone. I told them I was on the phone and couldn't talk to thenm.

They've come during the week, but never on Sunday. Is this something new or maybe I've not been home when they came.

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. menageriekeeper

menageriekeeper Active Member

When better to catch someone at home?

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

They have been doing that for years while the Christians are at church.

4. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

this is common practice for them. They look for the weak,easy prey.

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have some "kits", one for Mor(m)ons & one for Jabroney False Witlesses. The JW kit consists of their phony Bible, the BWT, their Greek KIT, some specific copies of the Watchtower rag, and a REAL bible, the KJV, which was the version they used before they made the NWT in 1950. I tell'em to take as long as they wish for their speil, but in exchange they must promise me to gimme no more than 15 minutes of THEIR time, but I will take longer if they wish. I point out false prophecies from their HQ staff, remind them their cult was formed in the 1870, NOT in ancient times as they've been taught, and why their bible is incorrect. I am respectful & polite. at all times. concealing my true feelings about their cult. To me, THIS IS A WITNESSING OPPORTUNITY presented to me by GOD, and I endeavor to make the most of it, asking the Holy Spirit to guide my words & speak through me if He chooses. Of the score of JWs who've come knocking, I know of only two who've begun to question their cult's policies, but Jesus has given me the seed and I sow according to His instructions in Scripture."I can lead a horse to water..." There's a large Kingdom Hall anout 4 blocks from my home...but they don't stop at my door too often now.

If I haven't had time to fully deal with these people, I try to get them to agree to com back at such-and-such a time, not giving them the first hint of what I'm gonna do if/when they return. It gives me time to *PRAY* about the situation.

I hope all Baptists and other true Christians will use these visits as WITNESSING OPPORTUNITIES, pray, and act accordingly.

I've received some visits from LSD...er...LDS "missionaries" also. The Moonies are apparently history in my 'hood; Moslems are scarce, Wicca, B'Hai, & Hare Krishna are rare. There are a few Sikhs & Hindus, but the Transcendental Meditation fad is completely gone far as I know.

Ahain, spotrs fans, I hope you see these visits by cult members as WITNESSING OPPORTUNITIES, remembering that they've been indoctrinated to resist Christian preaching, but also remembering the HOLY SPIRIT can overcome any human propaganda & indoctrinations. Don't hesitate to ask Him to speak thru you, but don't be discouraged if they reject your teaching; they may think it over years later and truly seek the REAL Lord, but at any rate you will have sown the seed Jesus gave you to sow, and will have presented His Gospel according to His instructions.

6. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    In my area, they most often come on Saturday mornings between 9:30 and 11:30. However, they can come, and have come, on all other days & times.

I agree that this is a witnessing opportunity. The bible commands us to answer, defend, correct, rebuke, exhort. Having a little knowledge of their false beliefs will go a long way. However, you must also be aware of who else is in your home and your family's spiritual condition. Don't let yourself or your family be deceived by these people.

In my experience, the only way you'll ever make any progress with these lost people is to treat them like human beings, not as debate opponents. Don't get me wrong.....we must clearly and quickly hold to the truth, without compromise. But JW have been trained to expect harsh treatment, and they actually take it as evidence that they're correct. But when you're nice to them, and correct them in a genuinely loving, concerned tone, it throws them for a loop....they don't know how to react, and you can witness to them. Expect to be there a while.

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanx, Humblesmith...I have more than a little knowledge of their beliefs, and have generally followed their ever-changing "prophecy" in their publications. FOREWARNED IS FOREARMED. I also have many copies of Mor(m)on stuff, and I often know more about their cults than their "missionaries" do.

Just ask a JFW where their bible came from, & try not to burst out laughing at their confused attempts to answer. The CORRECT answer? It was made by two JFW nabobs named Fred Franz(who later became Grand Imperial Wizard) and his buddy George Gangas(Another big shot within their gang) in 1950. It appears they took the 1880 Revised Version and revised it again to fit the JFW doctrines.

And, yes, I'm patient with them. I never come close to using such words as 'cult' 'heretic', or 'apostate', or any derogatory (but true) term for their gang. I let Scripture from a REAL Bible do a lotta the speaking. as well as their own Greek KIT(Kingdom Interlinear Translation) which differs from the NWT in many places, the best-known example being the ending of John 1:1.

Although I'm not successful very often, I HAVE presented the REAL GOSPEL to them, thus leading the horse to the water as Jesus commanded. I realize what I'm up against and I know ONLY GOD can prevail over the forces they've allowed into their hearts & minds. If I can only, with the HOLY SPIRIT'S help, plant the seed of doubt within their hearts....

8. Brother Ian

Brother Ian Active Member

The faithful should be in church. Those that aren't in church generally aren't able to handle these folks.

9. Johnv

Johnv New Member

That's a bit holier than thou, don't ya think?

10. JackRUS

JackRUS New Member

Lost people generally don't care how much you know until they know how much you care.

11. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I really take offense to your mocking tone.
    It's sad enough that people get tangled in false religions, but as a Christian we need compassion and to feel pain at their misfortune, not falsely degrade and mock their intelligence.

12. bapmom

bapmom New Member

I find it hard to call JWs "Jehovah's Witnesses" as well. It seems to me that it is paramount to helping them use Jesus' name in vain.....His REAL name....the one that means I AM and caused people to fall down when He spoke it.

13. Humblesmith

Humblesmith Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The actual pronunciation was closer to yahveh. No support at all for jehovah.

14. Keith M

Keith M New Member

I actually have no problem with the use of Jehovah, but the name "False" should always be used when talking about JWs, for all they spread is a false witness to the one true and living God. :rolleyes:

15. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's sad enough that people get tangled in false religions, but as a Christian we need compassion and to feel pain at their misfortune, not falsely degrade and mock their intelligence.
    </font>[/QUOTE]Sorry, M'am, but in this case you'll just hafta be offended because I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE for calling it what it actually is...A CULT, nor its fervent proselytes for what they actually are...IDOLATORS! And those who work for this cult suckering people into it should be exposed for what they really are...SHAMANS, working AGAINST Christianity! I HATE THAT CULT! While I will continue to witness to its members whenever/wherever, I don't have one nice word to say about that cult and its officials.

Just as JESUS had nothing nice to say to and about the unbelieving Pharisees of His earthly days, I have nothing nice to say about this obviously anti-Christian cult nor those who promote it. If this steps on a few toes, I suggest the owners of those toes git'em outta da aisle.

16. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just don't see them as much since the 1970s have ended. But they are out there, and they still own a university in Iowa and they still think that people can violate the laws of physics with their minds and levitate. The capacity for humans to delude themselves is in fact infinite.

17. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You just don't see them as much since the 1970s have ended. But they are out there, and they still own a university in Iowa and they still think that people can violate the laws of physics with their minds and levitate. The capacity for humans to delude themselves is in fact infinite. </font>[/QUOTE]Thanx for the info, Mr. Flagg; I didn't know that! But they ARE gone from my 'hood & general area far as I know. I can ask most people 25 & younger who Maharishi Mahesh Yogi is, and they don't know.

In Huntington, WV, there useta be these young Oriental-appearing girls selling poppies for the Unification Church-the Moonies-on almost every downtown street corner. What was sad was to try to converse with these girls & quickly realize I was talking to a virtual automatron.

I have a special dislike for the Jabroney false Witlesses because I've seen firsthand the damage they do. A neighbor lady who had a mentally-disabled son had, along with her husband, placed the boy in a psych home when he became too big & powerful to be controlled. (He tossed me, a 240-lb. former FB/LB across a room as if I were a kitten!) Soon after, she joined that cult and in just a few months, LOST HER OWN MIND! She left her hubby, got her boy(by then, a grown man)outta the psych unit where he had been making progress, & began living on the river bank with him. (They were living off her son's SSI checks.) Her son was found dead from a congenital heart defect, and she herself then began drawing SSI, all the while attending the Kingdom Hall whenever it was open. A few months later, she hanged herself, leaving a note that the JWs had revealed to her that she'd been a female Judas & that she should therefore die as he did.

Now while I don't believe the JWs taught her those things, they certainly kept her away from God and contributed in no small part to her mental deterioriation. Now, don't someone try to blame this on society's letting her fall thru the cracks; her JFW "family" should reacted accordingly & gotten help for her, as they couldn't miss her symptoms!

I have lost several friends who became JFWs because of my uncompromising position against JFW and other cults. However, I still pray for them, and perhaps one day God will choose to open the eyes of one, some, or all of them.

While my wife was in ICU in late 2000, a man kept trying to contact me, but, thinking he was an ambulance-chasing lawyer, I avoided him, till one day I was walking my dog & he drove by. He introduced himself as a JFW elder, and asked me if I knew what a sinner I was for allowing my unconscious wife to have received blood transfusions. To put it mildly, I WAS NOT AMUSED, and, seeing my face as I secured my dog's leash to a guy wire, ge read my intent to yank him outta his car window & blend him with the scenery, and sped off. He later called to apologize, and I controlled my anger enough to tell him my poinion of his cult and why I held it. I informed him that I wanted no further conversation with him except about JESUS CHRIST, and that I was available for that any time I wasn't at the hospital or caring for my children. He hung up & hasn't contacted me(nor my wife when she came home)again.

I've seen too many other lives ruined by this cult, people abandoning family, homes, jobs for this cursed cult. In my eyes, it's the most destructive cult in America, made doubly so by the fact that it hides behind the robe of Christ while in no way holding the hand of He who wears that robe.

18. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

</font>[/QUOTE]Sorry, M'am, but in this case you'll just hafta be offended because I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE for calling it what it actually is...A CULT, nor its fervent proselytes for what they actually are...IDOLATORS! And those who work for this cult suckering people into it should be exposed for what they really are...SHAMANS, working AGAINST Christianity! I HATE THAT CULT! While I will continue to witness to its members whenever/wherever, I don't have one nice word to say about that cult and its officials.

Just as JESUS had nothing nice to say to and about the unbelieving Pharisees of His earthly days, I have nothing nice to say about this obviously anti-Christian cult nor those who promote it. If this steps on a few toes, I suggest the owners of those toes git'em outta da aisle.
    </font>[/QUOTE]There is nothing wrong with honest, such as calling a cult a cult, but to say that people are stupid or morons because they do not yet know Christ is very wrong.
    My toes remain where they are. [​IMG] If you choose to step on them, it is your choice, not my desire.
    If I was in a cult and someone came up to me and called me a stupid moron and then witnessed to me, I'd have a very difficult time believing their words. Generally, one should not say something about another person that they would not say to that person were they face to face.
    Do you call the Jehovah's Witnesses and LDS members "witty" names before you witness to them? (pun intended)
    I hope not. I assume your answer will be no. If you don't, I strongly recommend that you do not do it behind the scenes either. In fact, I'd rather find someone telling me their thoughts face to face rather than find out that they did it behind my back.
    An even better solution would be to realize they aren't witless, dumb, morons, or any other form of mentally insufficient persons. They are humans without Christ and as such deserve our witness out of love for a fellow human being, not out of a desire to bring up to par what you perceive as an intelligence deficit, because it's not one. It's a lack of Christ.

19. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    For anyone who is interested, there is a book called "Blood on the Altar" written by a former JW. I read it years ago and as I recall, one of his main objections to the JW malarkey was their bizarre stance on blood transfusions and their complete reversal regarding organ transplants.

Remember that they used to say that Christ would come back before the generation who was alive in 1914 were all dead? Those folks started dwindling in numbers, and *poof* the JW's decided that's not how it was after all.

20. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    At a former church, the Bible Study class I was in was moved to a small frame house next door that the church had recently bought, and one Sunday came a knock on the door and it was 2 girls from JW. Neither of them could have been more than 13 years old. When we told them this was a Bible class, their expressions showed a mixture of feelings; fear, embarrassment, confusion. We did invite them inside, even though it was an adult class, and they stammered "No thank you"s and quickly left. I never knew anything else ever came of the incident, but I have wondered since, if we had closed the door behind them and been more insistent that they stay for a while, that might have been seen as intimidation and there could have been trouble.