1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kagan: No Judicial Experience? Great Pick!

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by righteousdude2, May 10, 2010.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I hope the "great pick" got your attention, because I was being sarcastic!

The truth is, when I heard - on FNC - that she lacked any experience as being a sitting judge, I couldn't believe it.

Of course, why should most of America care if she has no experience in the most important position she has been nominated to fill. After all, most Americans not only voted for a man who had very little experience in running anything other than "running for a public office", so, the nomination of Kagan shouldn't catch anyone by surprise.

My only hope is that the interviews and final votes by Congress on whether to seat her, or, not seat her, is going to be in the hands of Christians throughout this nation. We need to pray, folks! Our country is being run by a POTUS that is truly an OJT experiment. And, a large portion of Obama's cabinet and so-called Czars are On the Job Trainees also!

It is this president's continued effort to surround himself with totally inexperienced personnel that bothers me more than his decisions and governing style.

This country did not need an administration and president that are learning by the "seat-of-their-pants" so-to-speak! But, we have it ??

I would have hoped that he would have at least nominated a candidate for the SCJ who had actual experience doing what judges do, judge!

Of course, this is my opinion, and I'm sure I've rattled the opinions of my brothers and sisters on the left. Please just remember, that I'd appreciate your attacking my opinion, and not attacking me personally.Because, all I did was voice my opinion on this nomination:thumbs:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Of course she would not be the first justice to have no such experience. I believe William Rehnquist is a recent example of such a justice. I'm not sure if having such experience is a plus or minus.

3. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not a big deal, every judge who decided Brown v. Board of Education did not have previous experience as a judge. It would be more honest to just say you think she's to liberal then to trot out the no experience card.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether or not past justices or even what cases they were part of had prior experience is not relevant to those who see a need for experience. Quite frankly she is both far left wing and inexperienced. Both are legitimate reasons to oppose her.

The liar in chief is trying to tout her as having understanding of what people go through from day to day and how judgments will effect their lives. But as usual he lies. She has been an elitist all her life.

5. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==I agree that she is on the far left and I agree that conservatives should oppose her for that reason, but I don't agree that she is "inexperienced". She has plenty of legal experience. Granted most of her experience is academic in nature, but it is still experience. Anyone who served as Dean of Harvard Law School is experienced (imho).

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

Legal experience is not judge experience. She might be qualified for a much lesser position as judge but not the highest court in the land. That is not the place for OJT.

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Does any of this really matter? I mean it's not like the government takes what we think into account or anything.

90% of the people were against bailing out the bankers but did it stop the government from forking over billions? No. 90% of the people want to secure the borders but does the government intend to do it? No.

This is just more theater. It doesn't matter what we think because we don't matter. The globalists have co opted our government and they won't be happy until we're all living in compact cities with cameras and microchips keeping track of our every move.

These shows are only put on so's to give an air of legitimacy to an alien government and keep the people divided and arguing amongst ourselves while the globalists tighten the noose around our neck and steal our wealth our health and our freedom.

#7 poncho, May 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2010
  8. billwald

billwald New Member

Boggles the mind!!!!!!!

90% of the you things you complain about ultimately track back to a lower court legal decision you all don't like. You should be happy as a clam to get a non-judge on the Supreme Court. A non-lawyer should be even better.

9. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not So Grasshopper!

The truth is, what it is, and what it is, has nothing to do with her being a liberal. I have all but decided that any person he appoints to any office under his administration will be on the liberal side of the meter of fairness, and all things moderate!

I am truly concerned that she has no experience as a sitting judge. I would think that to be a Supreme Court Justice, one must have experience of the legal system from the other side of the bench.

So, I was being truthful, go2church. And I'll say it one more time. My only qualms with Kagan is her glaring lack of experience in the area of adjudicating cases brought before the court.:thumbs:

Thanks for letting me clear this up. And don't forget, I don't care if she's a liberal, because I have come to peace within my heart, that liberals are what Obama is attracted to!!!:laugh:

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type: