1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keep sending prayers to NC

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Rob_BW, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Been busy guys. And without signal. My unit pushed down to Onslow county, helped clear neighborhoods for a bit. Then we moved to Pender county, hauling food and water in flooded out areas.

I haven't taken a bunch of pics, but here's a few.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's day 9 and the Cape Fear is just now cresting at the coast. Crested through Fayetteville yesterday. Roads we were using 3 days ago are washing out.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That vehicle in the last shot looks like it might be fun to drive, under less dire conditions.

I have a friend that lives outside of Raleigh and he reports that people from upstate are donating extra provisions they bought for Florence and no longer need and these supplies are being transported by helicopters to the lowlands and being dispersed to the needy. I thought that was a great idea.

Helicopter-Florence-NC.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, we're in a tight spot because our aviation brigade is just coming back from the Middle East, and our Armored Brigade still has most of their stuff on the train back from New Mexico.

I started off in an excess long wheel base 5 ton. But it had been sitting in the excess yard for a year waiting to get turned in. Water in the transmission, leaking air, bunch of other problems. But it delivered over 5000 meals and 26000 bottles of water before she gave out.

This is me an Ed. Ed was hauling chemo down from Raleigh for a pediatric cancer patient. He was trying to find a safe route, but without good info on what roads were washed out, we decided to give him a lift. We had a hard deadline of 1630 for delivery, and it was already after noon.

Ed was an old soldier. Combat engineer in 1st Cav in Vietnam. 73 years old. Said it had been a while since he'd road in a military vehicle.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonShaff

JonShaff Fellow Servant
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Praying!

• Like Like x 1