1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kelly Loeffler’s Sacrilegious Campaign

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by FollowTheWay, Dec 29, 2020.

1. FollowTheWay

FollowTheWay Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Kelly Loeffler’s Sacrilegious Campaign | The Nation

“She’s lied, not only on me, but on Jesus,” says the Rev. Raphael Warnock, as religious leaders decry the Republican’s vile attacks on the Black pastor.
    Kelly Loeffler’s relentless assault on the religious faith of the Rev. Raphael Warnock, her challenger in the January 5 Georgia runoff that could decide control of the US Senate, has been characterized by deliberate mischaracterizations of the pastor’s sermons and the Christian Scriptures on which they are based. At rallies, in media appearances and in their only runoff campaign debate, the appointed Republican incumbent has attacked her Democratic rival for preaching a social gospel rooted in New Testament teaching,

Framing her campaign around wildly out-of-context claims about Warnock’s sermons, Loeffler rips into her ordained opponent for referencing Christian teachings—along with those of the world’s other major religions—when he addresses issues of war and peace, policing and economics. Loeffler bitterly rejects questioning of her approach, declaring, “I’m not going to be lectured by someone that uses the Bible to justify abortion and to attack our men and women in the military.”

It is a bizarre political strategy that, like so much of Loeffler’s candidacy, demands that Georgians deny reality—in this case, the reality that her rival is an internationally respected religious leader with a PhD in theology from Union Theological Seminary. As only the fifth senior pastor in the storied history of Atlanta’s Ebenezer Baptist Church—the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.’s spiritual home—Warnock has earned acclaim for his biblical knowledge and his nuanced application of it to contemporary debates.

2. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Warnock may be a pastor, but not of Christ's gospel. Loeffler is spot on in her attacks. Warnock's own words reveal his true character. According to him, you can't serve God and the military. He said police officers are thugs. He supports abortion. Loeffler simply points out what Warnock himself has said.
    Warnock may know the Bible, but so does Satan.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The "pastor" agrees with Infanticide, gay agenda, and thinks that Military is evil!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He is really mad due to his ex speaking out about him now

• Like Like x 2
  5. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    As usual, you are clueless.

• Like Like x 2
  6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Disagree!! I think he knows precisely what he is saying; it is in direct contrast to any biblical principles!
    After all, he's repeated the same love of dem concepts over & over!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  7. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    On the contrary, I oppose Republican efforts to link the gospel to their political party. This is a FALSE GOSPEL as I've said perhaps 25 times here. You can stick with the Republican Party. I'm sticking with Jesus. Good luck on the Judgement Day with your religion.

8. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree. But the problem is Warnock is (and for a long time has been) doing this is well.

Loeffler and Warnock...pot and kettle.

9. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think President Trump was right when he said if the GOP does not approve the 2k that they are done.

11. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  12. FollowTheWay

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rev. Warnock's sermon that day was on the topic "You Can't Serve wo Masters." Loeffler WAS a ridiculously incompetent Senator and a sacrilegious so-called christian just like her master, Trump.

13. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This can be said about the whole Republican party...not just Loeffler

Says who?!? You?? :Laugh

No lies there.

No lies there.

He just became Senator and help flip it...I doubt he's anything but ecstatic like the rest of us. :Laugh

Says who?!? You?? :Laugh

14. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've heard plenty of sermons about how you can't serve two masters. Warnock is the only one who said you can't serve God and the Military. That's unpatriotic and absurd. Loeffler is a fine Christian lady, and President Trump is a fine Christian gentleman. Since Loeffler was not my senator, I can rely on what I've seen of her from Newsmax and Fox News - and that's all been good. Guess it really doesn't matter right now, though. The liberals have taken Georgia, and have made a clean sweep of the U.S. government. God help us.

• Like Like x 1
  15. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's the biggest problem with Americanized Christianity...you all equate patriotism to godliness.

:Roflmao:Roflmao:Roflmao

Yes, we have. :Biggrin

16. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist

17. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's wrong.

18. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    There's nothing wrong with being patriotic, as long as our love for country does equal or exceed our love for Christ. Of course, only God truly knows the heart, but we can judge people by their "fruit". Based on their actions, I believe Trump and Loeffler to be fine Christians.

19. robustheologian

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Based on their actions, I and most of America believe otherwise.

20. Lodic

Lodic Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Warnock strongly advocates abortion, which is condemned in the Bible. Here are just two passages that show God's view of the person inside the womb. To kill these people is nothing less than murder.
    Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you..."
    Psalms 139:13-15 "For you formed my inward parts..."