1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kenosis and Hypostasis

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Goinheix, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

One of the divine atributes of God is being saint. While Jesus declared being God, the Jew didnt believe him for he have communion with sinners. The Jew had the same problem as you, confusing God with God atributes.

Finally Jesus did carried all our sins on him. At the cross God who is saint could not have comunion with Jesus loaded in sins. And Jesus claimed to God Eloim lama sabactani. The point is ...how is possible that Jesus having God atributes, being saint did carry all our sins? The answer is that Jesus did not have any of the divine atributes.

But...in your position. Jesus in the cross seaced to be saint (actually he seaced by kenosis). If niot having a divine atribute as being saint is enough not to be God...then...in your position...Jesus at the cross seaced to be God.

2. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

what is saying about kenosis and divine atributes? nothing relevant.

3. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

yuo are reported for saying that i spread heresy.

4. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

You are desieving the brothers. I am teaching that Jesus is God. Do you understand english? Jesus is God. Jesus is God Jesus is God.

Jesus is God and yet had not a single divine atribute.

The fact of Jesus not having divine atributes is clear because you have failed to point out even one. Skandelon is proving that Jesus is God wich is not in dispute; and is showing that God the Son before incarnation and after resurrection had divine atributes. But no one for Jesus during tha Earth time.

I dont denay Jesus deity. Never did. And the administrator are ignoting all your insults.

5. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I'm not sure what "desieving" means....
    Then you are a liar. You say Jesus is God, but then you teach that He isn't. Being God is having divine attributes just as being human is having human attributes.
    Lie number 2. I just gave you plenty.
    Scandelon gave you plenty of divine attributes of Jesus.
    The administrators think you are a false teacher as well. You are denying the deity of Christ by saying that Jesus doesn't have divine attributes. You can say that water isn't wet all day long, but that doesn't make it true.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You know we would stop saying that if you just did. You are repored for misuse of the report a post feature.

7. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

I think I'll report him every time he misspells a word. Wait, with a wait time of 60 seconds between reports that would take quite a long time.

8. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Sorry - Allah is not my God.

9. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

What's good for the goose....

10. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Goinheix - Can I ask you a question? Your posting is really broken English at times and there are a lot of misspellings. Are you from another country and/or is English not your first language? I'm having a really hard time understanding what you are saying.

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Don't be silly. God, being spirit, came from the glories of heaven, was born of a virgin, and lived on this earth as a man (not a spirit, but a man), fully God, and fully man at the same time.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

He was fully God (with all divine attributes) and fully man (able to be tempted like man, be tired, hunger, thirst, etc.). He was both--the God-Man.
    If it is not a divine attribute then let me see you call 72,000 angels from heaven (12 legions). That is not a human trait is it; it is a divine attribute. Man cannot do it.

Jesus said, concerning the resurrection,
    I lay my life down; I take it up again. No man takes it from me.
    He said I am going willingly to the cross. I will rise again from from the dead. I am doing this. I am not being forced to do it. No one takes my life from me. I am going willingly to the cross, and I will, by my own power rise from the dead.
    That is what this passage teaches.
    --That is divinity, and divine attributes. It is not humanity and human traits. Can you do it?
    No prophet, disciple or any other person had any divine attribute. Only Jesus did, for only Jesus was and is God. He is God by virtue of his divine attributes. No one else could raise Lazarus from the dead. He had been dead for four days already. Only Jesus could perform such a miracle. No one else could perform such a miracle.

13. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

GE:

One gets tired of deciding which are the most senseless heresies. But this one ranks among the best.

14. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Montevideo is in Uruguay so I guess Spanish is his first language. Let's cut him a bit of slack at least for that.

15. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Erm...yes it does. Go re-read Phil 2:6-12. I repeat: you are being too binary about this and won't reconcile kenosis and hypostasis as long as you continue to do this. Quit trying to over-define something which has at least an element of divine mystery about it or else you'll end up like the medieval scholastics who speculated about how many angels you could fit on a pinhead and you'll disappear up your own butt!

16. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

That is why I asked. :) Thanks for the geography lesson! LOL I wasn't sure if that was a real place or not. Very cool!

17. Andy T.

Andy T. Active Member

I have a question for Goinheix. Sorry if you have addressed this elsewhere, but I haven't seen it addressed yet. Let me grant for a moment that your position is true about Jesus. What are we to do with it? What does it mean in our Christian lives? What other Biblical doctrines does it affect? I'd like to hear from you how your belief affects other things in the Christian life, either in our daily walk or other doctrinal beliefs. What is the end result of your kenosis belief?

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Remember on the other thread you admitted Jesus is God.
    Then you said, as you do here, that Jesus has no divine attributes.
    I then challenged you that if Jesus, as God, has no divine attributes, how do you tell him apart from the Hindu elephant god, Ganesh? Which God is the true God. Both have divine attributes by their respective worshipers? You must be able to define the divine attributes of God in order to set him apart from other gods, from false gods.

You agreed.
    Then you asked "what art the divine attributes of Jesus?"
    This answer has been supplied for you many times.
    Here it is again:

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1715430&postcount=80

These are the attributes of God; attributes of Jesus, that he never gave up. He always had these attributes. He was never "empty" of them. They are the ones that declare him to be God far above all other gods. You need to deal with this post.

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'd like to hear the answers to these questions as well. Goinheix has made a lot of noise about affirming this doctrine, but what is the impact on us as believers?

20. Goinheix

Goinheix New Member

Is Dios your God? For spanish people Dios is our God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.