1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kent Hovind Gets 10 Years.

Discussion in '2008 Archive' started by JackRUS, Jan 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pipedude

Pipedude Active Member

This appears on the CSE blog:

In his opportunity to address the court, Dr. Hovind tried to choke back the tears as he went through the history of the ministry as well as a history of his correspondence with legal advisors on taxation and the letters written to the IRS that were never answered.

“I intend to obey the law and think that everyone should obey the law,” he said. “If I would have known that I was doing something unlawful, I would have corrected it.”

Hah! They told him in twelve different ways what the law is and what they were going to do to him when they finally got around to it. The point was, he had his own interpretation of the law and he was too blind to see that they don't give a flying FLIP what his interpretation of the law is.

Anybody with a lick of sense knows that the wheels of the IRS grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine. Hovind's stance has been tried again and again and the perps always wind up in the slammer.

Open your eyes, Christians. We do not make the laws. We do not interpret the laws. Congress makes them, the courts interpret them, and we do what they tell us to do. And when some noble revolutionary rises up to cackle, flap his wings, and gyrate across the yard while quoting Locke, Jefferson, and Rothbard, he can dang well expect to have his neck wrung in due time.

As far as I'm concerned, Hovind is free to follow his conscience, protest unjust laws, and fight the IRS to the end. But please spare us the melodrama of "I tried to comply." It sounds like Nathan Hale telling General Howe "I don't know why you're hanging me; I did everything I could to support the rule of His Majesty King George."

Before squeezing the trigger, always check to see which end of the gun is pointing toward you.

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Closed at 0840 EST

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.