1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kentucky Basketball

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by AF Guy N Paradise, Nov 16, 2006.

1. AF Guy N Paradise

AF Guy N Paradise Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We struggled early on but had enough to beat a decent team in Miami Ohio last night. I listened to the game and it seemed we played the same ole Tubby ball and will do for the entire year again.

On the postive side, we have a couple of Freshmen that can play and have tons of energy and upside. We should be better than last year but it may take a few games before the team totally gels. By SEC schedule time we should be a dangerous team.

2. Friend of God

Friend of God Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IM4UK!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbs:

3. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Glad to see Tubby was a little more gracious to UT coach Bruce Pearl at SEC media days this year as opposed to the spectacle Tubby made last year (highly unlike him, I thought).

Speaking of which, Tennessee is 3-0 and heading to the pre-season NIT semifinals in New York next week, just FYI :smilewinkgrin:

Tennessee Volunteers: 2005-2006 defending SEC Eastern divison Champs!:godisgood:

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Don't know about much else, except the score, as I was unavailable to view the game, but reports and the exhibition game I watched seem to suggest that maybe UK has found a freshman who can knock down shots and a player in Stevenson to replace Alleyne, who also seemed pretty good at knocking down shots (of more than one variety, I add, which is why he got so much "pine time" last year, maybe???) and was also a 'playa'. :rolleyes:

UK could be well improved by perhaps the New Year, or by March, merely in the absence of last year's multiple distractions and/or disruptions (not that any individuals were intentionally or 'viciously' disruptive), of Morris (suspension), Crawford, Sparks, Perry, and Thomas (inconsistency) Rondo ("Now where did last leave my head? Coach said I need to find it, and I sure do miss it."), Bradley (generally poor shooting), and Alleyne ("What time did you say the party starts??"). Some improved stats at the 'charity stripe' could help here, as well.

I'm 58 years old. I am a diabetic,and have some loss of feeling in my hands due to 'diabetic periphreal neuropathy'. I have some arthritis, as well. My vision is not what it was when I was twenty. I weigh about 260. I am facing surgery in two weeks for just recently diagnosed cancer of the esophagus due to long-time acid reflux (early 'Stage One', that was found almost by 'accident', BTW, with excellent prospects, what with having had to wait 5 weeks for a 'scoping test', that if I had received 5 weeks earlier, may well have not even shown up, at all, as only a very few cancer cells were actually found.). I would do well to 'jump' over the center line, on the court. And I am far, and have always been far from being even a mediocre basketball player. And I would look about as awkward as Herman Munster trying to do the ballet. But I also assure anyone, that given a couple of hours of shooting FTs, just to get rid of some of the 'rust', I could hit over 50% of my FT attempts.

Ed

#4 EdSutton, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2006
  5. PastorSBC1303

PastorSBC1303 Active Member

Here is wishing UK another down season :thumbsup:

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Oh well, at least you are consistent, and I am also, as I am wishing them an 'up' season. :thumbs:

But, as always, it will be interesting to see how long it takes for someone to start screaming for some coach's head on a platter. :BangHead: Oh wait a minute! That has already started with some guy in Northwest Texas :1_grouphug:, come to think of it. {tongue} {rolleyes} {laugh} {laugh}

Ed

#6 EdSutton, Nov 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2006
  7. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am in SA not NW. Hey Ed, I need some tix when I come home on leave for Christmas. I am looking at the 12/22 game vs. UMass. Do you have any connections?

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

I have a few connections, I guess, in my own hometown, but none that can help you (or me) here. You probably should just get in touch with the UK ticket office. That is during Christmas break, I think, and there are usually seats available that are not taken by the students, during that time. If school is still in session, they would be hard to get. If on break, fairly easy to come by, usually, from what I've seen.

And my comment was about the latest 'Bobby Knight flap'.

Ed

9. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

Exactly. :thumbs:

10. PastorSBC1303

I was just looking over the Indiana schedule. I did not see Kentucky listed? Are they not playing this year? How come?

11. AF Guy N Paradise

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes they are playing at Rupp on 9 Dec (Sat at noon est.)

12. PastorSBC1303

ok good, the schedule I looked at must have been wrong. I always enjoy that game.