1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kerry Slams Our Troops Again

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by carpro, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Galatian

The Galatian New Member

My case was similar. My education was interrupted by Vietnam. In all fairness to the military, they helped me get two degrees while I was in service, and the GI bill made it possible to begin another when I was discharged. Downgrading educatinal benefits was a major mistake, I think.

2. Daisy

Daisy New Member

:BangHead: :laugh:

eta: For the humor impaired: the above is a joke

3. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

And a beautiful one it is!

4. Not_hard_to_find

Site Supporter

Some benefits must available, my grandson is using them.

5. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Something that I can agree with . . . however, you should pay the rest of us back for those 2 free degrees while you were in . . .

The address for you to start sending your tithe to is ......

:wavey:

Then ag'in . . . ya' might want some tuition money rebated back from yer spellin' class.

6. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Stage one . . . . blame the opposition.

7. Vera Hammoudeh

Vera Hammoudeh New Member

As i set back while reading through this thread reading what each one is saying & i wander,
    Can any of you in all honesty say that you have never said something in a wrong way?

"Yes i know it was wrong in what John Kerry said" But can any one of you here honestly say you have Never said something that came out wrong?

"I know i have many times" & i know John Kerry is human like all of us, so humans do tend to screw up now & then, just Look at Mr. Bush.

:type:
    Vera

#87 Vera Hammoudeh, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

And many of us said just that.

9. rbell

rbell Active Member

Now be intellectually honest here...had Bush made that gaffe, you would have been all over him.

Furthermore, it's not just about a "botched joke," or whatever his faux pas was...

It was that he refused to apologize for it until a host of democrats piled on him, and un-invited him to speak. In fact, he used his gaffe to launch more attacks. Radio host Don Imus (not exactly a conservative icon) told Kerry to "Please! Please stop it. Stop talking. Go home, Get on your bike!" In politics, when your crowd has to say that to you, you've really messed up

I've not been pleased with Bush as president.

But Kerry just gave us yet another reason he's not presidential material.

10. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

Definitely!

It is better to have a 'bad' president than to have even worse. Col Klink was bad, but there is always a lot worse . . .

11. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

I like what Ted Haggard had to say he has the right perspective

How many tons of soundbites are out their on bush and the media and progressives have shown grace by not pouring gasoline on it and spin it.

I think Ted Haggard exonerates John Kerry even though now he too must go through exoneration....he is actually showing mercy and the principle is he will also receive it.

http://www.baptistboard.com/showthread.php?t=34844

AND FOR THE RECORD WHAT jOHN KERRY SAID BEFORE CONGRESS WAS THE NAKED TRUTH AND NEEDED TO BE HEARD
    NO ONE SHOULD BE THE LAST TO DIE FOR A MISTAKE...SPIN IT OR TRY TO DEMONIZE THE PERSON BUT WHAT HE SAID WAS TRUTH.

12. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

If what you say is true about his confession before congress, then he is a war criminal - and he should die for his crimes.

13. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

Some of you guys sure love death!

14. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

MP

Having seen death up close and personal, I am not for anyone dying 'before their time'.

But, the comment that what he said before congress being true elicited the answer: If that was a true confession then he is guilty.

It cannot be both ways. Personally, I think that he lied for political gain. And I think that killing him because he was being politically greedy would not assuage any of the pain and guilt that he cause innocent soldiers and their families.

And yes, I do believe that when someone lies for gain, they should be punished even if innocent . . . it would slow down some of the lies that go on.

Wayne

15. ASLANSPAL

ASLANSPAL New Member

You or course and me included should die for our sins..so relax..that's covered

Huh!

You are the guy that preaches revival and flys the Texas Flag while at the same time getting on soap box about God Bless America...fine just more bizarre stuff to process from you.

Now who would you want in a fox hole with you El Guero if you had George W. Bush to choose from or John Kerry.

John Kerry would stand his ground....Bush imho would coward out.

so take that straw man about war crimes to the ridiculous corner...Kerry spoke the truth about the Vietnam War being a mistake and he turned out to be right and exonerated for it for at the time he was hated and apparently that hatred continues with a small vocal minority.

I thought what Ted Haggard had to say and exonerate John Kerry was correct compared to the Richter scale of demoniziation from the right wing
    noise machine trying to make hay during time of elections.

#95 ASLANSPAL, Nov 2, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2006
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wayne is right.

You can't have it both ways. If what Kerry said was the truth, he is an unindicted war criminal as well as a traitor.

17. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

I would choose a man that is scared and honest about it.

A man that would lie about his comrads in arms is not a man that can be trusted in a fox hole . . . And I am not a man to lay there with one eye open . . .

As for Texas, yes she has been a great nation, but now she is a state within the United States. My family has defended both . . . and we have defended your freedom to say bad things about the President of the USA.

If he can be gracious to people like you, I can be as well.

:saint:

18. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually , I'd take either one. I believe, in that situation, they would both be men of courage.

The problem with Kerry is that he'll sell you out when you're still in the foxhole and he's somewhere safe.

I don't believe Bush would do that, but I know Kerry would. He's done it before.

19. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

While Kerry has forfieted ever being President starting with his actions in the Vietnam War, what galls me having served during the same time he did, more than Kerry's words, are a President that played super pilot on the weekends, (when he showed up), and a Vice President that never lifted a finger to serve this country, (and made it a hobby to stay out), making decisions that put others life at risk. Quite sickening if you ask me.

20. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

It is usually not the man that makes the situation, but the situation that makes the man . . .

Great post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.