1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keyword study bible

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by convicted1, Aug 3, 2008.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

Who on here has a "Keyword Study Bible" that is published by AMG? Spiros Zohiadtes(sp?) was the one who made the notes, along with putting Strong's numbers next to certain words, and it has the Strong's in the back. I have "thumbed" through one, but I don't know a whole lot about it. I ordered one off of Ebay for 34.50(brand new!!). What little I have saw, I do like it. Any info would help. I know it's a "study bible", so the notes will be swayed to a certain degree.

Willis

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I've got what's called The Hebrew-Greek Key Study Bible [ISBN-0-89957-572-2 (c) 1984 by Spiros Zodhhiates and AMG International, Inc. D/B/A AMG Publishers].

I think this was probably an earlier version/edition [the 1st??] of the Keyword Study Bible to which the OP refers. It basically has about everything the KSB has, and probably is an improvement to what I have.

I don't use it a whole lot, but it's useful in some places if one is trying to do some basic "original language research" without having had any training in either Hebrew or Greek (such as yours truly!).

You're definitely correct about the study notes--at least in the one I have, and probably any other study Bible for that matter.

One would certainly do well to know what the theological persuasion(s) of the person(s) who wrote the study notes is/are/was and keep such in mind as one reads them.

If somebody is really on to what the KSB is all about (and I do mean really !!!) that person could invest[!] in the massive hardbound "Complete Word Study Old Testament" (1 vol); "Complete Word Study New Testament" (1 vol); "Complete Word Study Dictionary: Old Testament" (1 vol); and "Complete Word Study Dictionary: New Testament (1 vol) [for which there is also a softbound "Scripture Reference Index" {NOTE: The OT Dictionary doesn't have this index & to my knowledge none is planned to be published.}].

AMG Publishers / www.amgpublishers.org published them all about 8-10 years ago or so. If they are still available, they don't come cheap (e.g. about $50 per volume!!). Maybe Christian Book Distributers / www.christianbook.com or www.amazon.com or some other book distributing or selling outfit might still carry them.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

I have a keyword Study Bible and I like it. It's like having a Strong's bound inside your Bible, so you don't need to lug around the huge Strong's concordance. It also gives a more lengthy definition of words than does Strong's. The thing I don't like about it is that the Strong's numbers can be distracting when reading, because they're all over the place.

Right now I'm not into study Bibles at all. I'm using a plain text Bible because I got tired of all the study notes. They can be a real distraction and they're also someone's else's opinion which of course is not inspired.

:)

4. franklinmonroe

franklinmonroe Active Member

I have this one also; it is my main KJV, and has been for years. I like the keywords that can be looked up in the abbreviated lexicon (I do this a lot during Sunday School). However, it seems that often the words I want to know about are not the ones that have been 'keyed'.

Actually, the notes are fairly sparse, especially in the OT. There are some rather lengthy ones at a few controversal verses (such as Isaiah 7:14).