1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kidney Stone

Discussion in 'Prayer Requests & Praise' started by Gina B, Aug 13, 2014.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I'm used to a lot of pain from lupus, so I didn't go in until a week after it got bad, figuring it was just.. pain. Couldn't stand it anymore today so I went to my doc's office, but you have to schedule these things ya know! (they pulled the same thing when stitches were needed, this is a big reason why ER's are crowded, doctors should be handling a lot of this stuff)
    So I had to go to the ER, which is the same building as his office.

Being admitted was an option, but I am home and will just go back if I get to where I can't stand it again. I'm normally not this bad with pain but YIKES! I am sensitive to many meds (another joy of lupus) so I couldn't take what they normally give for pain. So basically taking anti-nausea stuff so I won't puke from hurting and really hoping it passes soon.

Hayulp! Please pray this stops. I have been trying to distract myself from severe pain for a good week now, but feel like I have reached my breaking point. I need a break and the longest one hasn't been very long, and now I'm to where I'm actually fearing it. Which is odd for me since pain is so often the norm. But no breaks - I am so done!

2. Bob Dudley

Bob Dudley New Member

Wow, I will definitely pray for you. I had a kidney stone a few years ago. Worst pain of my life by a factor of 100.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Roll that stone away!

Those thing hurt like crazy! Never had one, but know many that do, so I understand your plea! BTW - I didn't know you had Lupus. The ladies I know that have this disease can be counted on both my hands, and you, like those I know, will be added to my list of prayers for believers with chronic diseases!

Take care, and now God will comfort you during this and cause this stone to roll away! Bless you Gina!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you. I got a few hours break this morning and thus some sleep! I'm able to stay out of the hospital thus far using very hot showers on the kidney area then between, using a very hot compress. I am determined not to go in, but wow.
    Distraction is also a beautiful thing when it's not as bad.

5. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Hang in there, sister!

6. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh Gina, sounds like one thing after another....

Lots of love sent your way and prayers for a speedy resolution....

7. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

Praying you are better very soon, and have relief from the pain! So sorry you are having to endure this.

8. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

It's more tolerable now! Woot! I have reason to believe it moved down, so hopefully not too much longer. It's a new kind of pain, but easier to deal with.
    Happy dance! (or should I say twitchy twingy pressure dance? haaaaa Guess anyone who has had one of these knows this one!)

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Best recommendation I can give is to drink lots & lots of water, & hopefully it will pass. I've been through this same "process" many times, so when I feel the first twinge of discomfort that points to a K.S. I immediately "turn on the faucet"!!

So far, all have passed. :thumbsup:

10. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

YES! I was getting ready to go to the ER because I was blocked (with two 16 oz waters and a cup of coffee in me) and FINALLY.
    Jagged little bugger.
    Now it's a happy dance!
    I also realized nobody goes and gets food when I'm sick. So went and got groceries.
    I can move around again! Gonna go cook for these likely starving humans - thank you so much for praying!
    Thank you thank you you. You're like, super heroes to me right now!

11. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad that you are doing better. Those things hurt.

12. Gwen

Gwen Active Member

I'm so so glad you are better!

13. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Great news.

14. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

I will continue to pray for you for this..........

15. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Thank you. I think it did a little damage as that kidney still aches, but that's just life, maybe. Will bring it up to the doctor next time around - probably should have went to the follow up, but figured it was over and didn't want to bother paying someone to just write in my chart that it had passed.

16. Melanie

Melanie Active Member
    Site Supporter

Keep swilling the H2O .....it will help!