1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kids with special needs program

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by LeBuick, Oct 24, 2008.

1. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I should probably ask this in the woman's forum since I know they can better explain an question like this.

Palin says we can take the earmark spending John plan's to cut and use that money to fund her kids with special needs program. Some of those earmarks fund public swimming pools, youth and senior center's, after school programs etc....

It doesn't seem like her proposal will reform government, just shift the money. Am I wrong?

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/the-trail/2008/10/24/palin_details_special_needs_po.html

2. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Red Flag: unnamed, unidentified, wish to remain annonymous informants= reporter (possibly writing copy) is stumped needing more info to include in report. Info may or may not be correct: but she has protected herself if either she got it wrong...the informant got it wrong. (In essence, the reporter is 'covered' if the she added the filler from her own speculation......although she's then untruthful though maybe not obvious.[/quote]

MCCain and Palen ARE going to loose if they keep spending time on issues of less importance. The Democrats keep bringing up issues of more importance.......OR are given the ammo to shoot down Palen and McCain....namely preventing/ controling/ responding to future war and terrorism; economy; encouraging employment growth and industry and control import competition, and make savings and investment a good option once more for reducing tax excesses on expendable income.

In one of the first interviews with Palen, Gov. Palen very skillfully dodged the reporters questions and controlled the emphasis...... or so it seemed to me. But, since then, both she and McCain seem to be responding to their critics (in the media) who are not on their side, and trying to adapt instead o fkeeping in touch with their clarity of purpose and proceeding..... Telling what they are ready to expose, dodgeing , or offering samplinings of what they haven't fully formulated....only when pressed.

And attack the actual voting records and activities of the opposition.....where weakness DO exist. Focus on companions mean less to the public than McCain or Palen realize. But the treatment of tenants who had to leave a condemned neighborhood in Chicago is big news.... when Obama helped to get the funds and pass it on to the very people who were supposed to repair the housing for the poor.... and didn't. The focus should be attacking Biden and Obama......

And, McCain, stand firm, if your not Bush, stop following Bush's advice. Be independant. If your going to suspend campaigning......do so without repentance nor apology. If it is for a controversy and vote..... remember the majority party will love it if you're unprepared for battle...... This is not the time to show bravery etc. in an apologetic voting decision....... and look for snares in the small print. If it seems too fast and too right to be sold as it is.... youre probably right. Find a reason to break from the pack and then stick it.

If you wrong a person, apologize....... but dont apologize for anyone not identified as part of your select officials. For all you know, someone present showing their abuse and bigotry .......may be a plant from the other camp and have the boldness to ask them questions like "Why are you here? I want to know who/what brought you here? Give it up if you got a question. Otherwise you are an insult to me!". The purpose is to stop the association of the ugly behavior; Its done better by disowning it than by apologizing for it The other camp doesn't need your endorsement and they are certainly not fair in treating you 'nice'.

Both McCain and she would do well to their priorities well set with speaking points, that they refuse to speak on any other without prior planning. Perhapse split the lessor ones between them.....ignore nothing but speak to the issues which they know are on everyones mind......namely economy, security, and the war.

Hm........ Where were we?
    Oh, children with special needs? An advocate in the White House with a poster child sounds great............ But you wont get in the White House if that is the strength of your sale. .........Remember the cherry on the sundae, or the icing on the cake, may be relished at anytime, Sarah, but it is the substance of the dessert which holds the cherry or the icing which makes it satisfying. Find broader issues and hold to them and win the WH where then everything can be heard.

#2 windcatcher, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  3. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I agree with your honest post. McCain, after promising not to, has gone to the normal campaign tactic of attacking the other candidate instead of addressing the issues. Here in CO, we see McCain commercials like this new one quoting Biden while Obama appears in his ads discussing his tax plans and view on changing the economy. He's pulled his negative ads. Many people I pass here says Obama "looks more presidential" because of this.

McCain, to my knowledge, never took time to explain his visions or plans. He has this new plan of buying the bad mortgages which is similar to what I had posted on this board. I was glad to hear his suggestion but I haven't really heard it sense and I think he should have taken a 7 or 15 minute spot to explain it to the nation. I think that time investment would have been worth a million of these smear ads.

I was at the Church with several women members when I listened to Palin policy speech and the first thing one lady said was, "she is criticizing Barack for more spending look at her". They feel the same every time they hear Obama will raise your taxes. Obama message sticks because they'll say, "only if you're in the upper 5%" and they all laugh.

I hear Sean Hannity will put on a show tomorrow further digging at Ayres, Wright and ACORN. He advertised with the air of maybe we haven't see enough of that stuff. I wish he would look at the polls because American has clearly said they have seen too much and are tired of it.

What the conservatives like him don't seem to understand is 1. No one is watching that stuff expect people who will already vote against Obama and 2. it only puts more votes in Obama's column when people see the clips on the news because it makes him and his campaign look more "presidential".

Sean would do better trying to explain why the republican philosophy is what America needs at this time and why McCain has the better plan of change. I don't think there is a person in this nation who hasn't seen Wright and Obama is ahead in the polls despite Wright's hate rhetoric.

As for Palin, I think she gained valuable experience this election which she can carry forward in her career (if she doesn't make VP).

1. You can't be an ultra conservative and make POTUS because there is not enough voters in that base. You have to reach out to the moderates who sway both ways each election.

2. National politics has a very different challenge than Alaska or even most other states. Most Alaskans have one frame of mind which is ultra-conservative and definitely less government. The other 49 states aren't as solidly in that vein so you have to compromise.

3. You can't shake your first at Washington or the "Liberal Media" and expect to make POTUS. The liberal media is in millions of living rooms each day and people in Washington have the power to keep you out if your only plan is to "shake things up".

4. She will have to brush up on national concerns since she appears limited to what's happening in AK.

4. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give me a break Obama is still attacking McCain nad has never stopped. His ads are quite frequent here in Florida.

The smear ads are on both side currently and McCain is just as big a spender as anyone else.

Yea she will be a spender as well and Obama is a liar.

This show needs to be aired. Good for him.

You can't have it both ways. Either no one is watching this stuff or it will put more votes in Obama's column.

The problem isn't America wants more spending.Obama doesn't say he will spend he carefully avoids that. he is a deceiver and a liar. And the Repubs have lost their footing.

Conservatives have lost their footing and pulled away from conservative policies that is why they have lost traction.

Speculation at est.

The liberal media can take a long walk off a short pier.

Fallacy

5. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Again, I can only speak for where I am but we are not really being bombarded with ads from either side.

We see the highlights from these shows on the news. What's worse, the "liberal" media will only show the dirt and not what lead to the dirt. It's like watching the Wright clip. You have no idea how he got there.

So you don't have to watch the show to get the bad taste in your mouth which is why I suggest putting on a show others can pallet so they can see the whole thing and form an opinion instead of just what the news wants them to see. You pretty much choose your audience when you title your show "Obama exposed" like Greta did last week.

Palin is doing the exact same thing if she thinks she can fund her policy with the cuts from earmarks. She will never get any legislation through the Democratic congress unless she adds fat they want to her proposal. No different to what the democrats had to do when the ultra-conservatives voted down the initial $700 Billion bail out plan. They had to add fat in order to get their votes. That is a reality of national politics and not something the Gov of AK will change.

The conservative party is actually splitting which is bad for the party. There are the ultra-conservatives like Palin and the others like McCain. There are the ones who think Ayres and calling Obama a Muslim is good politics and ones who are ashamed to be associated with such things. McCain didn't have the party's support until he added Palin but he lost others like the ones fleeing to Obama because he added Palin. The Republican's will have to figure this out or get used to elections like this one appears to be.

#5 LeBuick, Oct 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2008
  6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

You don't have a clue what the Republicans are doing.

7. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Maybe not but I have a right to an opinion...

I just read this great article from Newsweek. I think it breaks down the changes happening in the republican party and shows how Palin can reinvent the whole party since this campaign didn't really define her. She ran on McCain's platform.