1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Killing Calvinism: How to Destroy a Perfectly Good Theology from the Inside

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by Revmitchell, Sep 25, 2014.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

There is no perfect church here on earth Brother Steve...none. However, read all the books/epistles Apostles Paul, Peter, James, and John wrote. Then the books written by Luke...they were all addressed to the local church. Whether it was in Rome, Thessalonica, Corinth, Colosse, Phillippi, &c, it was directed at a body of believers.

I know I will never "gain" you, and this is my last post in this thread, but I want you to ponder what I wrote. God placed the church here on earth for a reason....

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Years ago I sat in a church that told me I put my child in hell. I have witnessed more sinning amongst church people than from aethiest (including marital infidelity, homosexuality, pedofelia (sic), lying, stealing,con artists, thieves, drunks and drug addicts etc --- and that was just the pastors) so yea. Then the Holy Spirit gave me sight and the gift of understanding.

Now my kids go to a church that doesn't rape them....doesn't lie to them, doesn't pollute their minds, where they love and glorify in God and enjoy Him. The way it was meant to be.

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes of course you have. :rolleyes:

4. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yea.....you gotta remember that I live in New Jersey:D

What has any of this to do with your initial post.....something about killing Calvinism? Up here where I live, Calvinism is killing itself. We got lots of catholic, PCUSA & United Methodists ...... Calvinists, not so much. Take a guess why?

#84 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2014
  5. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You know the old saying, when you find the perfect church join it! Then it won't be perfect anymore! We all sinners saved by grace............

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There are no perfect churches......so are you saying I should join up with Catholics since they are the most prominent church in my area.....guess so! :laugh:

7. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

8. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Earth, Wind & Fire

Sure you will....but in the mean time it is just another excuse to absent yourself from a local assembly.

You have never been a member of such a church...most likely have never been inside one:laugh:

I guess I am a nascar racer, or pro athlete then by just using my imagination also......never been in a race car, or professional uniform however:laugh:

no...you are doing so well on your own....according to you, all churches and pastors are evil criminals...

could be.....you like the pub much better anyway...no stuffy church people to hold you accountable:thumbsup:

9. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    AHHHHH HA HA HA HA ..... SHOOTING BLANKS AGAIN!!!! TOO FUNNY! :thumbsup: :laugh:

10. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ahhhhhh.......

“You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses it
    saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot

Thank you Lord! You alone are good and I enjoy you immensely!

#90 Earth Wind and Fire, Oct 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2014