1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

King James Bible fell out of heaven cause God kicked it out!!!!

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Dallasdid, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Dallasdid

Dallasdid New Member

OK, I have heard these King James arguments and I have to laugh. I have heard comments like "Jesus is the livng King James Bible" and comments that got no Bible backing for any of it. I heard one missionary say "Where there is a King there is authority" and totally out of contex and not accorrding to Gods Word. I am tired of this "King James only" stuff. I mean one guy said that "the Bible teaches we should use King James only" and no way jose!! there is no scripture in the NIV, THe KJV, NASB, MSN, or any other version the teaches of King James authority. You got no Bible backing King James and I have heard "well it was translated from the right documents" Then even have heard sunday school teachers in error tell the class as well as other leaders that NIV does not talk about the Virgin birth, or Christ as the Messiah and every time they lie!!! it is a lie is it not to say something that is not true. See when you say King James only stuff make sure you dont have students who will look in NIV to see if your right. Because every time some one ran the mouth about NIV missing things i looked and it says all the same thing. Infact I say it like this "the versions are like the Gospels they all say same thing but just written different" not bad huh? but any way it is funny not making me mad really but just you have to laugh at these jabronies who got no scripture for what they say, and they lie and twist the truth to make King James look like it fell from heaven. Now thing is I use KJV all my life it is my preferred version. But nor do I say it is "Gods Version" because that becomes cult like. Like King James was some version that fell from heaven. IT was "the orignal" which is wrong to Hebrew and Greek were the orignal. So it is funny one pastor said "NIV , HIV , its all tainted blood" and that is a big no no. I mean i laughed because it was so aboxious you could not help but laugh at the rediclous comment. But any way King James is hard to read for christian teens today i know from first hand expierence because I go to high school and have seen new Christians them selves say they dont understand it. If maybe they take the King James and take out all the old english words you might not have a problem. Oh wait they did its called the NIV [​IMG] haha but any way sorry if this upsets you but you show me where NIV is wrong because so far i have been lied to and told error. God bless

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

NIV - HIV , both tainted blood. That's funny!

SEC

3. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

For the KJVO's: I wonder what Jesus used? I wonder what Paul used? I even wonder what Martin Luther used? How did the gospel ever get out without an English translation until the KJV.

4. Taufgesinnter

Taufgesinnter New Member

Actually, the KJV that had the obsolete language taken out is not the NIV, it's the NKJV.

The main problem with those KJVOs who at least hold that only the TR is the right text from which to translate, is that they must believe that 98-99% of the NT is not God's Word--because 98-99% of the NT is identical in both the TR and the NA/UBS texts, yet some of them will say things like the NIV is not God's Word at all any more than the Koran and is not worth the paper it's printed on. Since the KJV and NIV convey the same meaning and translate the same wording of the Greek 98-99% of the time, the conclusion to reach is that only that 1-2% that is different is actually God's Word, since that's the only part "omitted" or significantly "altered" by the NIV!

The KJVOs that adhere strictly to the idea of the KJV as the only inspired Word of God in English have to deal with the lack of any inspired Bible in English prior to 1611, and for that matter, any language, because their inerrancy-of-the-KJV viewpoint requires them to disregard the actual inspired words of God in Greek and Hebrew (due to KJV mistranslations here and there).

5. Forever settled in heaven

fell from heaven? where does it say?

look carefully where it is:

[​IMG]

so that u don't miss it--here's the ZOOM IN:

[​IMG]

bet u didn't know, didja? ;) :D

6. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Wow, a person saying "King James Bible fell out of heaven cause God kicked it out!!!!" is at best a showing of extreme ignorance, and at worst blaspheming the word of God. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, however, and assume this is just a knee-jerk reaction to "onlyists."

Jason

7. swordsman

swordsman New Member

All of you really need to get out more often. :rolleyes:

8. Ransom

Ransom Active Member

Forever, it doesn't look to me like the horse enjoys having that big piece of paper stuck to its rear.

9. Forever settled in heaven

bwahahaha! n can u imagine an unsaved guy getting a tract like this?

n KJBOs r so v afraid that people wldn't get saved if they read an MV! :rolleyes:

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Nah, just switch to de-caf.

HankD

11. swordsman

swordsman New Member

Nah, just switch to de-caf.

HankD
    </font>[/QUOTE][​IMG] [​IMG] THAT was good!