1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured KINGDOM DIVIDED.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    KINGDOM DIVIDED.

How divided kingdom can stand? Divided kingdom cannot stand, it will collapse. I am not talking about bricks, stones, and cement, I am talking about Spiritual Kingdom of human soul.

Every person on Earth builds his/her own spiritual kingdom in their soul. Most of the time it is a material physical kingdom that a person imagine in his/her mind and then transformed it into physical reality.

Christians are not exception from this rule and each and everyone of believers builds his/her own spiritual world using Bible verses and passages. Depending on the personality and how deep a person imbedded in the physical material world, the outcome and result of such spiritual kingdom will be reflected in the life of the Christian in spiritual and in physical expressions.

By looking at the Christians it is not hard to find what kind of kingdom they building in their soul. Each and every Christian denominations already figure it out what kind of kingdom they going to build, and by visiting the church it is noticeable that king of spiritual world (kingdom) this particular church already built.

But what's happen with the Kingdom of GOD that supposed to be in our souls? Are we the citizens of the GOD'S Kingdom, or we are citizens of our own spiritual kingdom that we built for ourselves in our minds and souls?

So how such kingdom will look like that is built on the principals and ideals of the church?

We may perhaps will find a lot of spider's web of worthless demagogy, a lot of dust of false doctrines, a lot of cracks in the walls of deceitful and useless theology, a lot of mold of traditional and meaningless rituals, and a lot of dirt of corruption and greed on the floor. Does not look pretty, is it?

If principals and ideals of GOD'S Kingdom is neglected and forgotten, then our own kingdom will look as it described above. Christianity so consumed with the books of theologians and Biblical philosophers so it seems that the Word of the Kingdom of GOD is forgotten. Denominational theologians already explained to us everything and we blindly follow them instead of the Biblical texts and teachings.

Ecclesiastes 12.10.12
    10.The teacher sought to find pleasing words and he wrote words of truth plainly.
    12.Of anything beyond these my child, beware. Of making many books, there is no end, and much study is a weariness of the flesh.

It is not surprise that some denomination almost worship their founders and named their movements after their "fathers" or after their believes according to their own interpretation of the Bible, about which Apostle Paul actually warned about.

1Corinthians 1.12-13
    12.What I mean is that each of you says, ‘I belong to Paul,’ or ‘I belong to Apollos,’ or ‘I belong to Cephas,’ or ‘I belong to Christ.’
    13.Has Christ been divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?

It seems like that "Christian Kingdom" unity is quire divided, and because of it, can such "Christian Kingdom" stand?

When Christ mentioned Devil in one of His speeches He said that if Devil's kingdom divided, it cannot stand.

Luke 11.18
    18."If Satan also is divided against himself how will his kingdom stand? You say that I cast out the demons by Beelzebul."

So if the Christians divided among themselves, how they can stand?

More to say, we are so attached to this physical temporary life that even at the death we cannot leave it behind. I seen many church's cemeteries and that really surprises me is to see so many little American flags sticking out of the graves. It looks like that the people literally cannot give up their nationality, their physical country, and their political association even after death!

Does the Kingdom of GOD also consists of republicans and democrats? Or does the Heaven also divided on races and ethnic groups? Are these people died as Americans or as Christians? Is it possible to have both identities in the Kingdom of GOD?

If we do not built in our souls (hearts) the Kingdom of GOD and live according to its principals and ideals, I think it would be impossible for anyone to enter the eternal Kingdom of the Lord. And so, to what kingdoms we belong, and of which kingdom we have the citizenship?

"Our citizenship in Heaven." Philippians 3.20. Just like we cannot serve two masters, so we cannot serve two different kingdoms.

2. canadyjd

canadyjd Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, you see a problem; what is the solution?

peace to you

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Luke 3:10–11 What should we do then?” the crowd asked. John answered, “The man with two tunics should share with him who has none, and the one who has food should do the same.”

Matthew 5:38–42 “You have heard that it was said, ‘Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth.’ But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Solution is not difficult to find and everyone who is willing can do it. This means to unite in defense and implementation of truth in your home among your family members, among your friends, and particularly in the church.

Psalm 111.2
    2."Great are the works of the Lord, studied by all who delight in them."

Why I mention family first, because study of the Bible in the family creates proper understanding of the Holy Scripture, not according to the church doctrines but according from the first source, the Bible.

With prayer and with willingness to learn the truth and only truth, GOD is not far away from the people who are searching for Him. GOD opens the mind and the heart of those who truly want to know Him and to follow Him.

2Chronicles 15.1-4.15
    1.Now the Spirit of GOD came on Azariah the son of Oded,
    2.and he went out to meet Asa (3rd king of Judah) and said to him, "Listen to me Asa, and Judah, and Benjamin. The Lord is with you when you are with Him. And if you seek Him, He will let you find Him, but if you forsake Him, He will forsake you."

Zephaniah 2.3
    3."Seek the Lord all you humble of the land who do His Commands, seek righteousness, seek humility, perhaps you may be hidden on the day of the Lord's wrath."

Isaiah 55.6
    6."Seek the Lord while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near,"

Second, I mentioned friends. Let your friends know who you are and what you believes are. Do not be shy to tell people that you are a Christian. It is actually good topic of conversation. According to my experience people immediately start asking questions concerning religion. Short and to the point answers always work very well. It is not that you may immediately convert a person to Christ, but you already sow a "seed" in the soul, and it is up to a person and up to GOD if that seed will grow or not.

Third, the church. Most heresy, greed, and corruption comes from the church. People not only became atheists because of secular education, but mostly because of the church. People see all the greed, corruption, and fakeness of the church, and they start hate not only false church and false Christians, but also GOD Himself, because, unfortunately people judging Christians and GOD according to that they see in the church.

Whatever is bend it is almost impossible to make straight again. Church is extremely corrupt and the efforts to change the church most likely will no succeed.

Jude 1.17-19
    17.But you beloved ought to remember the words that were spoken beforehand by the Apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ,
    18.that they were saying to you, "In the last time there shall be mockers following after their own ungodly lusts." (Acts 20.29) (1Timothy 4.1-3) (2Timothy 3.1-9, 4.3-4) (2Peter 3.3-4)
    19.These are the ones who cause divisions, worldly-minded, devoid of the Spirit.

So, solution to the problem lies not in the change of church behavior, but in seeking, finding, and building a church which Jesus Christ has built.

Matthew 16.18
    18."And I also say to you, that you are Peter (Stone), and upon this rock I will build My Church, and the gates of Hades shall not overpower it."

Isaiah 51.1
    1."Listen to Me you who pursue righteousness, who seek the Lord. Look to the rock from which you were hewn and to the quarry from which you were dug."

This statement means that those who have similar personality and character as Peter's, and follow the Christ as Peter did, surely such people belong to the CHURCH OF CHRIST, because upon Peter Jesus has built His Church.

But it should not stop anyone to criticizes the church, and let so call "pastors" know if they teach not according to the Word of GOD. And also about corruption of the church shall be spoke openly. So others can reconsider their worship and believes based upon church doctrines, believes, traditions, and ritual, and turn to pure faith in the Word of GOD.

The solution will be in building the parallel church, the church built on Peter, the church of the Word of GOD only, because only that church will function and will exist in the second coming of Christ.

I also like very much post of JON.C. He pointed out to one of many short comings of corrupted church, lock of compassion, mercy, and love, Luke 3:10–1.

Church preaching almost every Sunday how to be good to others, but themselves do nothing to help. How church can help the world if the church does not care for its own parishioners.

But the second verse he presented also very important one, Matthew 5:38–42, not to resist evil and not pay back, but to give justice to the Lord. So this one mostly relates to our behavior under such conditions, which is will be rewarded by GOD, and wicked and evil people will know on Whom we hope, on Whom we rely on, and Who will do for us the true justice, and Who will avenge us.

5. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And, how can a Christian be a member or support the Democratic party which is the party of liberal atheist leftists who are anti-christiain?

Quantrill

6. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Well, I tell up in the front, that I do not believe in such Christian.

Christian are not suppose to be involve in the politics at all.

Jesus never been involved in politics, nor His disciples, or any godly and holy men.

Every TRUE Christian who have in his/her heart permanent place for Jesus Christ has no room for anything else, especially for politics.

The politics is the game for the people who do not know GOD. People give their vote for those who will rule them, and swear allegiance to their country, giving their soul to that is corrupt, violent, earthly, and ungodly. So they sold their souls to politics and earthly meaningless vanity.

Whoever call themselves Christian but involved in the politics is not TRUE Christian but the false one. As it is written, you cannot serve two masters. Or you serve GOD or you serve mammon (Matthew 6.24) (Luke 16.13).

2Peter 2.19
    19.They (false prophets, false teachers, and false believers) promise them (worshipers) freedom but they themselves are slaves of corruption, people are slaves to whatever masters them.

On the other hand Paul wrote about submission to earthly authorities and their rules (Romans 13.1-7), but it does not mean that Christian became politically involved, but shall obey the king and the rules as long as it does not opposes the Christian values, principals, ideals, and Christian conscience and morality of GOD'S Statutes.

See also parallel statements in: (1Timothy 2.1-2) (Titus 3.1).

We also shall submit to our masters at work: (1Peter 2.13-14.17-20), but with the same attitude and caution. Even at work we should not break the Covenant of Law of our GOD and not forget who we are.

Every TRUE Christian belongs to GOD'S World and a subject of GOD and not of earthly authorities.

John 17.16
    16."They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world."

Philippians 3.20
    20."Our citizenship is in Heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,"

Every TRUE Christian is a citizen of the Kingdom of GOD and no longer a citizen of any country on Earth, and because of it the earthly politics no longer matter for such person.

The next Statement is absolutely amazing, and shall put to shame all those who call themselves "Christians" but care more about politics than the Word of GOD and their own soul.

Hebrews 11.13-16
    13.All these (Abel. Enoch, Noah, Abraham, and all other patriarchs and holy men of GOD) died in faith without receiving the promises, but having seen them and having welcomed them from a distance, and having confessed that they were strangers and exiles on the Earth.

14.Those who say such things make it clear that they are seeking a country of their own.

15.And indeed, if they had been thinking of that country from which they went out, they would have had opportunity to return.

16.But as it is, they desire a better country, that is a Heavenly one. Therefore, GOD is not ashamed to be called their GOD, He has prepared a City for them.

Hebrews 13.14
    14.Here (on Earth) we do not have a lasting city, but we are seeking the city which is to come.

1John 4.4-6
    4.You are from GOD little children, and have overcome them, because greater is He Who is in you, than he who is in the world.

5.They are from the world, therefore they speak as from the world, and the world listens to them.

6.We are from GOD, he who knows GOD listens to us, he who is not from GOD does not listen to us. By this we know the Spirit of Truth and the spirit of error.

Politic is a true poison and a great evil, and those who involved themselves in it cannot possibly be Christians, due to completely different values of both entities.

Politics for individual last as long as a person live, it is a temporary earthly thing, but those who have GOD in the heart, will last forever in their spirit with their Lord, and will never die.

There is exists a certain everlasting spiritual COUNTRY and the citizens of that everlasting COUNTRY have everlasting lives.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Glerse

Glerse New Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am gaining insights from this thread. But still have questions inside my head :confused:

8. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    So, you don't vote? Do you work for an income? Do you pay taxes?

We are not in Heaven yet.

Quantrill

9. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    You go too far claiming those involved in politics cannot be true Christians.

You might believe them to be misguided, but you cannot pronounce them saved or unsaved.

Your rhetoric might violate posting rules for BB. Please rethink your post.

peace to you

10. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

"Christian are not suppose to be involve in the politics at all."
    That is a very interesting POLITICAL view. I guess you don't think you are a Christian for being so political?

Romans 13
    1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God. 2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. 3For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: 4For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. 5Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. 6For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. 7Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

For some of us we are subject unto the higher power, in a democracy we are subject to being the higher power, self-governing. We the people, are ordained ministers of God.

According to holy scripture you must respect my authoritah. :p

2Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

Read that line very carefully.

The problem here is a matter of TRUST AND FAITH. You don't trust anyone around you, don't trust the higher powers ordained by God.

You need to start back on square one trusting GOD, and from there flow out to trusting without fear of what anyone does because you trust God. I don't mean throw a blind eye, But stop writing accusations between the lines of what people say.

"Every TRUE Christian belongs to GOD'S World and a subject of GOD and not of earthly authorities."

Show the verse for that. The bible LITERALLY teaches the opposite 1Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

Consider that the only reason anyone is a King or President its because GOD lets it so. EVEN Jesus recognized Pilate being allowed there by GOD.

11. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    Quantrill wrote:

"So, you don't vote? Do you work for an income? Do you pay taxes? We are not in Heaven yet."

I never vote for anyone and I am very proud of it. Jesus Christ is the King of the world, why I should give my vote and my soul for another mortal crooked politician. In my heart I always vote for my GOD and listen only Him.

I stared working very hard when I was 14 years old, and when I came to US at 25, after 3 months job was found and since when I paid all my taxes fair and square, all that was required from me, and had been cheated and overtaxed many times.

Yes, we are not in Heaven yet, BUT THE ROAD TO HEAVEN STARTS ON EARTH.

Canadyjd wrote:

"You go too far claiming those involved in politics cannot be true Christians. You might believe them to be misguided, but you cannot pronounce them saved or unsaved."

In my life I never used these words "saved" or "unsaved" to anyone in order to judge people and I do not recommend using these words by anyone, only GOD knows who saved and who doesn't. In my post there is no such words, so do not attached to me something I did not wrote.

"Your rhetoric might violate posting rules for BB. Please rethink your post."

What posting rules I violate? Did I mentioned anyone by name or specifically pointed to anyone in this forum in my post? Since when expression of opinion became a violation? Should I be banned like Trump and all others who are disagreed with official ruling? There is your freedom of speech, America?

I wrote: "Christian are not suppose to be involve in the politics at all."

Utilyan wrote:

"That is a very interesting POLITICAL view. I guess you don't think you are a Christian for being so political?"

What is so political about to not be involve in the politics Utilyan? Your statement has no sense. I already quoted Romans 13.1-7 in my post and suggested to respect earthly authorities as long as their rules do not crossing and goes against Christian principals and values.

The rest of your post is completely twisted concerning my believes in GOD and I do not want to bother to comment on that.

But at the end you wrote:

" Consider that the only reason anyone is a King or President its because GOD lets it so. EVEN Jesus recognized Pilate being allowed there by GOD."

Yes Jesus recognized that Pilate put in charge by GOD, but Jesus and the rest of the real Christians at that time did not submitted to Pilate and did not recognized his rule, because he did not rule as GOD appointed according to GOD Commandments but rule as appointed by Caesar, according to Roman laws and orders from Caesar.

Jesus never recognized Pilate's power or any other human power on Earth because Jesus Himself is the King of Earth. Jesus did not answered questions from Pilate but kept silent, which means disobedience and disrespect to Pilate and to his authority. But two questions Jesus had answered to Pilate (Luke 23.3) (John 19.10-12).

John 19.10-12

10.Pilate said to Him, "You do not speak to me? Do You not know that I have authority to release You, and I have authority to crucify You?"

11.Jesus answered, "You would have no authority over Me, unless it had been given to you from Above, for this reason he who delivered Me up to you has the greater sin."

12.As a result of this Pilate made efforts to release Him, but the Jews cried out saying, "If you release this Man you are no friend of Caesar, everyone who makes himself out to be king opposes Caesar."

It is not Jesus Who recognized the authority of Pilate, but Pilate recognized authority of Jesus, and the sin of Pilate saying that he has authority over Jesus much less than of those who betrayed and delivered Jesus to Pilate (verse 11).

And take a look at that Jews said to Pilate, "everyone who makes himself out to be king opposes Caesar." In this case Jews put Caesar above GOD, but not deliberately, because they did not know and did not believed that Jesus was GOD.

GOD would never recognize any human authority, He may install kings and He may remove kings, but He will never recognize them as equal or higher authority to Him.

Did GOD respected authority of Herod? Who put Herod to be a king over Judea?

Acts 12.21-23

21."And on an appointed day Herod having put on his royal apparel, took seat on the rostrum (podium, platform), and began delivering an address to them.

22.And the crowd kept crying out, "The voice of a god and not of a man!"

23.And immediately an angel of the Lord struck him, because he did not give GOD the glory, and he was eaten by worms and died."

Just like Pilate Herod presented himself as authority equivalent or even higher than GOD'S authority, accepting to be a god from the shouts of the crowd, and did not gave glory to GOD. How much respect of GOD to earthly authorities you can see here?

Actually many kings before Romans and after claimed to be gods, and expected to be worshiped and serve as gods, included practically all Romans kings. Would you as a Christian submit yourself to these gods?

Does American government recognizes authority of GOD? Why then you vote for them?

But on the other hand GOD actually respect kings and earthly authorities, but only those who submitted themselves to Him and obeyed His Rules, this type of authority GOD always respects and protects, not to be said about Pilate who did not know GOD.

Many people of GOD and true Christians did not submit and did not recognized the earthly ungodly authorities, and paid with their lives, among them also was James brother of John, who was killed by king Herod (Acts 12.1-2).

And just as I was mentioned before in my post and mentioned to you again, when authority of the ruling party goes against Christian principals and ideals, and so called "Christians" submitted themselves to unjust and corrupted rule, such people cannot be called as Christians, because by accepting corrupted and unjust rule they themselves became corrupted and unjust and cut off their ties with the Lord their GOD.

But the real test of Christians and much more severe one will come much later and it mentioned in Revelation, then the people of the Earth will be forced to receive the mark of the beast.

Again, YOU CANNOT SERVE TWO MASTERS, but have to chose whom you will be serve and to whom you give your allegiance and will dedicate your life and your soul.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Because you don't vote you bear the responsibility of helping whoever is elected into power. At this time, that is Biden and the atheistic Democrats. You may shirk your responsibility to vote, but you cannot shirk your responsibility in who is elected. It is you, and people like you who did not vote, that are responsible for the unchristian government we are going to now have.

It is God who established human government. (Gen. 9:5-6) And God established the U.S. to provide a safe political government for Christians to live and further the gospel not only in this country, but in the world. But then those who are too holy to vote allow the country to go to the dogs. And then they bemoan the unchristian nature of government.

You write as though only you are going to persevere through persecution because you only serve God, as though others will not. Perhaps you will. Myself, you're the kind I don't want to be around when persecution comes. You serve the world in paying your taxes, why? Because they will throw you in jail if you don't. Your choice in not voting doesn't cost you, so you decide to serve God in that area. I wouldn't trust you. Understand I am not saying you shouldn't pay your taxes. I am saying you should, and you should vote. Nothing wrong with Christians in politics trying to uphold Christian beliefs and values.

Quantrill

13. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I like what you have to say however in most cases it will fall on deaf ears.... but don’t let me influence you, keep driving it home. The kingdom of God resides within you :Thumbsup

• Like Like x 1
  14. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You don’t need a government, but you certainly need God, so let Christ be your moral compass and quit relying on a fallen world.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I know many Democrats who are deeply Christian so your statement is incorrect... in fact it’s insulting.

• Like Like x 1
  16. utilyan

Site Supporter

". I already quoted Romans 13.1-7 in my post and suggested to respect earthly authorities as long as their rules do not crossing and goes against Christian principals and values."

OKAY. WELL then I am your earthly authority, KING. Don't get political. And I expect taxes.

17. utilyan

Site Supporter

"So if the Christians divided among themselves, how they can stand?"

I bet the billions of CATHOLICS await your return and unity then.

You are missing a an important point of what Jesus said. IF Satan was divided AGAINST HIMSELF.

Btw I expect your complete ecumenicalism. As KING I command it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. canadyjd

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps I misunderstood you.

You used the term “TRUE Christian” several times claiming those involved in politics cannot be “True Christians”.

Maybe you can clarify what you mean by “True Christian”?

Does that mean......?

“True Christian” = saved

Not a “True Christian” = “unsaved”

That seems to be the logical end of the term “True Christian”, but if you have another understanding of what “True Christian” means without reference to salvation, please enlighten me.

peace to you

19. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Have you considered what you just wrote?????
    If not , you should!!!!!

20. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    God indicates that man does need government. (Gen. 9:5-6) Seems that makes believing man somewhat responsible to and for the government he is under.

Quantrill