1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured KINGDOM DIVIDED.

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Alex2165, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    I always telling people about my believe in Christ at every opportunity I have. I never push my believes on anyone and I hate when other people do that.

But according to what is written in the Bible, I think it is a good practice to show others your believes and your life in Christ.

Matthew 10.32-33
    32."Everyone, therefore who acknowledges Me before others, I also will acknowledge before My Father in Heaven,
    33.but whoever denies Me before others, I also will deny before My Father in Heaven."
    (Matthew 10.32-33) (Mark 8.38) (Luke 9.26, 12.8-9)

Mark 8.38
    38."Those who are ashamed of Me and of My Words in this adulterous and sinful generation, of them the Son of man will also be ashamed when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels.”

Luke 9.26
    26."For, whoever is ashamed of Me and My words, of him will the Son of Man be ashamed when He comes in His glory, and the glory of the Father, and of the holy angels."

Luke 12.8-9
    8."And I say to you, everyone who confesses Me before men, the Son of Man shall confess also before the angels of GOD,
    9.but he who denies Me before men, shall be denied before the angels of GOD."

Luke 6.49
    49."But the one who hears and does not act, is like a man who build a house on the ground without a foundation. When the river burst against it, immediately it fell and great was the ruin of that house.”

You are absolutely right when you said that revealing yourself as Christian can scare people off, and sometimes even much worst, people got angry and frustrated, and I do not blame them. This is due particularly to Jehovah Witnesses, who are very annoying guys and who drive people crazy by putting pressure on them to accept Christ, such practice does more harm than good.

But most disgusting for the people when evangelists and missionaries presented themselves as godly, righteous, and good, and in their fakeness is so obvious to ordinary commoner that indeed after meeting them people simply run away or got so angry that sometimes possess even physical threat.

It never happened to me, because I never ask the most stupid and ridiculous question that evangelists usually asked, "Do you believe in Christ?" Or, "Do you know that Christ died for you?"

Such talk turn people away immediately, because many people already very well familiar with their hypocrisy, insincerity, dishonesty, double standards, duplicity, and pretense. Many people already visited church and never return back.

But I use a different tactic to approach people and usually say that I believer in Christ, or if occasion is right I quote some place from the Bible, and quite often people start asking me questions, or express their opinion or their own experience with religion. And sometimes I found a fellow Christian.

I gained this experience from the Bible when I read how Jesus Christ, and Paul, and Peter, and other disciples of Christ approached people and talk to them, and wisely using their experience I always have very positive response.

2. Alex2165

Alex2165 Active Member

Faith:
    Seeking Christ
    To Utilyan and Quantrill

Luke 9.61-62
    61.Another said, “I will follow You Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.”

62.Jesus said to him, “No one, after putting his hand to the plow and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of GOD.” (KSB)

"After putting his hand to the plow..." Means the one who claimed to be a Christian, who proclaimed to believe in GOD, who was Baptized, and who waiting for Christ to come, and who expect to be in the Kingdom of GOD, and even announced to be "saved,

"and looks back," means turned back to earthly affairs, involved in politics, and participating in choosing for themselves an earthly king, "No one is fit for the Kingdom of GOD."

3. utilyan

utilyan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

1 Peter 2

13Submit yourselves for the Lord’s sake to every human institution, whether to a king as the one in authority,

^Tell me that verse is false and you have a case.

2 Timothy 2.
    24The Lord’s bond-servant must not be quarrelsome, but be kind to all, skillful in teaching, patient when wronged, 25with gentleness correcting those who are in opposition, if perhaps God may grant them repentance leading to the knowledge of the truth, 26and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, having been held captive by him to do his will.

4. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    An answer to a question you should have never had to ask. Reveals plenty,. When are you going to answer my questions? See post #(25)

Quantrill

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You do my heart good Alex.... may God bless you in your daily walk with him.

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your questions and responses reveal your paranoia and fear freak tendencies to all who can see through you. But do you see it in yourself is the question at hand. Do you sit in your chair and just grumble that life has treated you unfairly and that the Liberals, The Blacks, the Commies, the Pincos, The Homos yada yada are coming to take your liberties away... classic Archie Bunker syndrome.

7. Quantrill

Quantrill Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    More smoke to hide your unwillingness to answer. Get back with me when you can.

Quantrill