1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Kingdom Gospel versus Grace Gospel

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by tony2tall, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Gary

Gary New Member

Faith:
    Baptist

2. Gary

Gary New Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Galatians chapter 2 Paul confronts Peter about putting the his gentile converts into bondage with his gospel.
    "But contrariwise, when they saw that the gospel of the uncircumcision was committed unto me, as the gospel of the circumcision was unto Peter;"
    Galatians 2:7 KJV
    As you read this chapter you can clearly see the two gospels being preached keeping the legalism of the law and circumcision of the Jews by Peter's preaching. Paul telling Peter not to bring the Gentiles under that bondage. Paul preached the grace message. Galatians chapter 2 is a rebuke of Peter's gospel.
    "20. I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21. I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain."
    Galatians 2:20‭-‬21 KJV

3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Some see God still has the Covenant with Israel and now with the Church, which is wrong, as only New Covenant om effect now!
    Some see Gospels to the Jews only , while the Church just under Paul mainly, also wrong!
    New perspective is basically that we jabe misunderstood Pauline Justification, in that we assume Paul was describing how a lost sinner gets saved, but Paul to therm was showing how we could be seen as being in community of faith!
    basically, Calvin and Luther and the gang totally got this wrong!
    as Pharisees were not legalists, just misunderstood!

4. Van

Van Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is only one gospel. Yes, the understanding of that gospel evolved over time with Christ's disciples not always getting it right initially, but getting it right at the end.

Some thought the gospel was for the Jews only. Not right.
    Some thought the Gentiles needed to keep Jewish traditions. Not right.

There is no difference in Christ, whether slave or free, male or female, Jew or Gentile.

Here is the gospel, everyone believing into Christ shall never perish but have eternal life. Once in Christ, always in Christ.
    Christ has promised never to cast us out. It is God alone who decides whether to credit our faith as righteousness and place us into Christ. Salvation does not depend on the person who wills to be saved, or even works to be saved, but on God alone.

5. Marooncat79

Marooncat79 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist