1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJO and Riplinger (New Age versions)

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by bbas 64, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Armchair Scholar

Armchair Scholar New Member

Roby, thank you for posting the link. We have been working hard to get those documents available to the public. We still have some others (her business records) to put there, mostly for the purpose of comparing her handwriting with that of Mrs. Latessa/Kaleda. We are seeing people from all over the globe visiting the site and downloading the documents for their own examination. People from Russia, Germany, England, Poland, and all over the US have been as the Bereans, checking things out.

I have been quite ill for the past month (bad cold virus) but when I am back up to par I am going to post a complete list of the Ohio court addresses, along with the current fees for obtaining copies, so that anyone who wants to see the actual documents fresh from the courts (to see that they have NOT been forged [what a nice false accusation from some, but God knows who you are]) will know how to obtain their own (most of the courts charge .10 per page and usually about $2 per marriage record, plus SASE; they're not real expensive). There is nothing like the clean, fresh truth to verify to someone that something is exactly the way that it really is.

Mr. Waite has received his own copies so that now he can ask GAR why she lied to his wife when she was asked about her past. It would have been better for her to have just told the truth...but then, that's what God has already said in His word.

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hope & pray for your speedy recovery, AC!

Seems as GAR's whole public life has been one long litany of deliberate misinformation & deceptions, as seen in her boox & public commentary. It's amazing that CHRISTIANS see this pattern of behavior & continue to swear by her writings! HOW CAN BROS & SISTERS IN CHRIST BE SO DECEIVED?

The person I feel most sorry for in all this is MR. Riplinger.

3. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

You kknow I have neverr even heard a thing about him.
    You wouldd have thought he would have suspected her after she went through two husbands.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Uncalled for!

FTR, I am nowhere near close to being a fan of the Biblical scholarship offered by Dr. Gail Riplinger.

Ed

5. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're doing her a favor by calling her "Dr." She has an honarary "doctorate" from Hyles-Anderson College, which is about equivalent to a degree from a boxa Crackerjax.

6. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Regardless of what my personal opinion of Hyles-Anderson College happens to be, [And let me add here that it is nowhere even remotely close, IMO, to a Moody, a Bob Jones, or a Southern (and, to me, appears in absolutely no danger of cracking my "Top Ten" list, anytime soon) as I would rate, recommend, and/or suggest schools.] it is an institution allowed to 'award' "degrees", including honorary doctorates. One thus awarded allows the recipient to have this degree title affixed to the receiver's name, which is exactly what I have done, granting the respect accompanying the title. I do (and would do) the same for all, regardless of my personal opinion of either the degree, the institution, or the recipient.

The one exception I might make here, would be in the case of a known "mail-order doctorate" for fifty bucks or so! Anything above that, gets the respect, even if it is totally not merited, IMO.

Besides, Cracker-Jacks taste good!!

So, let's not attempt to give them the bad taste of "guilt by association"! ;)

Ed

#26 EdSutton, Mar 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2008
  7. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

What was uncalled for?
    The previous poster said he felt sorry for Mr. Riplinger.

My basic response was that she had been married twice before and if he is in fact in a miserable marriage now (I don't even know if he i, like I said, I have never heard anything about him) then why feel sorry for him?

That is all I meant by it.

8. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Reread your post. The last sentence is what was uncalled for. The previous sentence you made was factual, by contrast.

Ed

9. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

I know this was a tongue in cheek reference to Cracker Jacks but it is a valid point that we don't prove OUR side using guilt by association.

I do think that this type of argumentation is ok as a defense against THEIR guilt by association and ad hominem only to prove the method of argumentation wrong. Not the actual point.

For instance, the point of bringing the facts of GAR's previous marriages and divorce to light is NOT to show that she is in what she says about others but to show that her method of ad hominem is wrong.
    It shows that when played fairly she is just as guilty as anyone else.

Ok, then once we get that out of the way we can deal with the facts.

10. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Fair enough but please state why you think it was uncalled for.
    I am asking honestly. I will apologize if you tell my why is was uncalled for.

I am not above hasty remarks that I later regret.
    I am just not sure about this one.

11. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Just a "wild-shot-in-the-dark", you realize, but I'm kinda' guessin' that neither you nor robycop3 plan on being candidates in the election for President of "The Gail Riplinger Fan Club" this next time around, either. :laugh: [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.baptistboard.com/showpost.php?p=1134621&postcount=159

Ed

12. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Ed, please explain why my post was uncalled for.

13. Armchair Scholar

Armchair Scholar New Member

You got it. :thumbs: Nor a "candidate" for any other dishonest, slandering, deceptive individual that masquerades as a wolf in sheep's clothing among the sheep of God, "Dr." or otherwise. And, FTR, Jesus Christ didn't need "Dr." before His name...

14. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

While I find it hard to believe that you don't see this, I will offer two quotes, once again, that you made, that I personally object to. It has nothing to do with Mrs. Gail Riplinger, per se. She merely happens to be the individual in question, here. I'll 'bold' what I find objectionable. The first quote is:
    "Objection, Your Honor!"

"Calls for a conclusion by the witness, and goes to the question of motive! Witness is assuming and claiming personal and private knowledge not available to counsel for either party!"

"Sustained!"
    "Objection, Your Honor!"

"It is a matter of public record that the lady has been married two times before. However, the witness is admitting having no knowledge of subsequent events, assuming, then speculating, and further offering conclusions based on the speculations!"

"Sustained! The Jury will disregard the testimony of this witness!"

Ed

#34 EdSutton, Mar 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2008
  15. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

Ed, so why should we feel sorry for him?
    That is all I am saying.

I really, and honestly do not understand your objection.
    we are not in a court of law.
    I am not accusing any one of anything. I am simply saying that I see no reason that I should feel sorry for hte guy.

From that fact he has been married to her over 20 years as I recall, that would suggest it isn't a too horribly marriage in his opinion.

I don't know.

Anyway I don't see the big deal with the statement.

Was anyone else offended by it?

16. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

By the way Ed, I really am interested in your opinion and respect what you have to say here.
    I am not in anyway offended that you would object to what I said.
    I am just not seeing the problem.

It is a great thing when a Christian brother can rebuke another Christian brother in love and the other party will listen.

I am listening.
    I am just not understanding yet.

ANd if anyone else sees a problem with what I said, please speak up.