1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV and apocrypha

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Phillip, Oct 15, 2004.

1. michelle

michelle New Member

--------------------------------------------------
    Let me clarify again, if I didn't make it plain, I do NOT believe the apocrypha is scriptural, nor am I trying to prove it is. I am simply wanting facts to determine the reason the KJV1611 translators saw fit to include it. Nothing more.
    --------------------------------------------------

The FACT IS it has NOTHING TO DO with this issue.

This is the FACT, and as I have tried to help you understand, to which has been repeatedly snipped unwarrantedly.

C4K, I surely hope, that when you take the liberty with snipping someone's post, that you hope that it does not return back unto you some day and that you realize that all things some day will have to be accounted for. What I have posted IS ON TOPIC and crucial to the truth in this issue.

Love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Phillip, I'm trying my best, but there's too much stuff in between. (Did you see my post on Page 1?)

Churchmen, who were accustomed to seeing the Apocrypha in the Vulgate, simply carried over the practice. Luther's Bible is an example; although he segregated the Apocrypha as did Coverdale. Retaining the Apocrypha served a useful purpose for Anglicans: Readings are included in the Book of Common Prayer.

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

With apologies to the author of this thread it is closed as it is not going to stay on topic :( .