1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV debate

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Gina B, Sep 28, 2004.

1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I posted this thread as an apology and explanation of what happened to a lost thread. Take your comments on the debate to the commentary thread.
    Gina

2. michelle

michelle New Member

Gina,

Then you might also want to DELETE the unwarranted and nasty slander that Jason has just made about and against Brother Will, instead of deleting my post regarding it that he made on this very thread, to which is what my post was about. Thank you.

love in Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour,
    michelle

3. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

How was that slander, let alone unwarranted and nasty? People often alter their posts before saving them on their own personal files, correcting and editing mistakes, adding in more thoughts, etc. to use in the next discussion.
    Gina

4. Jason Gastrich

Jason Gastrich New Member

Gina,

How is everything coming? Will the entire debate be posted? Will didn't keep his posts, but he says he emailed them to someone who printed them, but deleted them. He wants to get them in snail mail and type them. He should try using a fax machine if he wants to expedite this. However, I'm still amazed that Baptist Board doesn't backup their posts. Everything could be lost to an accident or a hacker and every single post could be gone.

JG

5. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Webmaster has stated "there is no way to restore deleted posts". I'm assuming there is backup, but that deleted posts are a different story.
    I haven't been able to find them elsewhere. Nobody who read them had them in their cache. My computer automatically updates every time I log off, so they weren't in mine. I was able to find a version of the BB from that week but when I clicked on the post it updated and said "you have requested a topic that no longer exists".
    So, we'll have to wait on Will.
    I'll pm Will to see if I can help him figure out how to pull them up on his computer. If he emailed them, they should still be in his computer even if he deleted his sent mail, as long as it isn't a web based account.
    Gina

6. Jason Gastrich

Gina,

Will said he emailed them to someone through the Baptist Board. Does the board keep the emails that are sent through it on file somewhere?

Jason

7. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

The emails that are sent do not contain the posts, but simply a link to them. If the link contains no post it is not there. Hold on, and I'll send you one to show you.
    Gina

8. Jason Gastrich

Gina,

Will has emailed me and told me that he has recovered the posts from a friend. Have you talked to him? I think you'll be able to post the entire debate, soon.

God bless,
    Jason

9. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Will sent it to me, but my email server cut it off mid through due to length.
    I'm asking him now to send me the last half, because it cut it off half way through the last post that I already had anyhow, so hopefully he'll get that out soon and I'll be able to post it by Tuesday night. [​IMG]
    Gina

10. Jason Gastrich

Gina,

Ok, sounds good.

If you need a great, free email service that won't cut off your emails, try believeandrepent.com. We have given away over 100 accounts in the past several months. You can use webmail or SMTP/POP3. Link: http://believeandrepent.com .

You can evangelize without saying a word (e.g. [email protected])!

God bless,
    Jason

11. Jason Gastrich

Gina,

Thanks for working to get the debate posted. I see it is up, again. In case it ever comes down, JCSM is hosting it as well. See http://kjvonlyism.jcsm.org .

God bless,
    Jason