1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured KJV Holy Bible Christians founded the U.S.A.

Discussion in 'History Forum' started by makahiya117, Oct 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is called a history of perpetual ignorance. The versions we have today are much more accurate and clearer. The fact that people used to do things a certain way does not make it correct or sacred.

The KJVO crowd has had a negative effect on the Christian faith. We are here to worship the Lord, not a Bible authorized by a two bit English tyrant.

2. Squidward

Squidward Member

Wait a minute. What proof do you have that they weren't NIV, ESV, NASB, or RSV readers.....

.....besides the fact that there wasn't much else around. LOL

3. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I left the KJO debate years ago, much more important issues to spend God's time on. However, I do chime in here and there, usually when I hear someone say modern versions are much more accurate. I have studied the KJB for 15 years now and I just don't see how one can say it is not the most accurate if they actually studied it. I have yet to find an error in translation, and yes I heard them all, even the unicorn, which is accurate btw.

I guess it depends on the specific crowd, depends on how they present their case.

I don't know if it would be considered worship, but I hold the word of God as Holy and Sacred no matter what the translation, in as far as the translation is faithful to the word for word translating process. I don't like paraphrase or interpretation versions. What I do like about the KJV is that whenever they had to add a word to help the reading of the text into English they placed it in [brackets] so the reader was aware that it was not part of the original text. As far as I have seen over the years, these bracket words never harmed the text but always were helpful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.