1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV online study guide

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by DonnaMartinez, Oct 9, 2008.

1. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

Hello all. I am trying to "study to show thyself approved", but having some difficulties. I am trying to find an online study guide for KJV that would explain the chapters. Like so I could read it and then see comments on it. For example im in Ezekiel right now and its way over my head, Im so new to studying, I dont know the background of it or anything. I hope that makes sense.

My fear while Googling earlier (which I never found anything) was that I would find something that would lead me astray. Im an independant fundamental Baptist and the only version of the bible I will use is KJV. Im not here to argue versions, please dont try to talk me into using a different version. I just need a study guide that people here mostly agree on. I just dont know enough yet to be able to discern sometimes. Im sorry if that makes me seem bad. But I am trying right! :)

Anyway, any suggestions would be perfect. Suggestions for the online or just a bible study suggestion in general.

Thanks you guys! God bless you!!!!

2. skypair

skypair Active Member

Donna, bless you! So many of us would have the same trouble with Ezekiel!! I hope someone can lead you to a resource. What chapter are you on?

Ezekiel is exciting but unless you are sturying prophecy, it's basically going to be "academic" so far as we are concerned. There are some interesting passages -- Ezek 28 regarding the prince of Tyre/AntiChrist and King of Tyre/Satan are illuminating. Ezek 36-39 seem to focus in on our time and the tribulation period. Ezek 40-48 is unparalleled in its description of the Millennial Kingdom of Christ/Messiah.

A couple of passages that I'm keenly aware of are Ezek 18 that answers the question of "sin nature"/"original sin" and how it affects me. And Ezek 10 shows God leaving the midst of the temple and Israel on account of their apostacy.

But studying Ezekiel for a young Christian is a daunting task, indeed. God bless and I'll pray for you (especially if you live anywhere near Longview :laugh:)! :praying:

skypair

3. DonnaMartinez

DonnaMartinez New Member

:) I did chapter 13 today. I actually may have found something helpful! It is LONG and will be difficult to read since 4 days I do my reading at work, since I can normally not be interrupted. But since its online I'd have to print it out and just 4 days took 26 pages!! Printer ink is so expensive I think my husband would shoot me if I were to do that every week.

Anyway I tried blue letter bible, with their commentaries by Matthew Henry. Im know nothing about him, and I'll research him, but Ezekial 13 came alive today reading it! It was detailed so much and I can see a resemblance in some of todays churches where people go to hear the truth, but they're made to feel good and able to continue in sin.

4. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I would recommend going to www.blueletterbible.com It's a great search site for the KJV and it has the Strong's numbers for the words so you can see them in the Hebrew and Greek then see where else those words happen. There are also numerous study guides including Matthew Henry and Jamieson, Fausett and Brown. I've found this site really useful.

HTH!

5. Plain Old Bill

Plain Old Bill New Member

You should be able to find commentaries online by J. Vernon MGhee, he put the cookies on the lower shelf and is easy to understand.

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Thats a good idea - Dr McGee does a great job with basic Bible study

CLICK HERE for his study on Ezekiel. It is a pdf file so should be downloadable.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Blue Letter Bible has McGee too. :) It's a GREAT resource for KJV.