1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV Recycle/Exchange Program

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by JudeFrost, Nov 9, 2005.

1. JudeFrost

JudeFrost New Member

I am pleased to invite everyone to take part in the KJV Recycle/Exchange Program. Next year will we have reached the 1,000,000 KJV mark. For 6 years our Church and others across America have been gathering used KJV Bibles in order to put them out of public use and to recycle them. We also have an exchange where people can bring in their KJV Bible for a new Translation. Thus far we provide the following versions for exchange: NASB, ESV, HCSB, and the NIV. God willing we will have more Translations available in the future. It is a wonderful program and please email me if you wish get your Church or self involved.

Peace and God Bless,
    Jude Frost
    [email protected]

2. jw

jw New Member

So I could buy a KJV at the Dollar store and then bring it in and get a new NASB?

Where do I sign up? [​IMG]

3. bapmom

bapmom New Member

So do you burn the KJVs that come in, JudeFrost?

4. JudeFrost

JudeFrost New Member

Please bapmom, just read your KJV and peace be with you.
    We give the old KJV bibles to other companies who will recycle the materials. This is a productive and good way to make use of the KJV which is marginalized these days due to today's accurate/readable Bibles which are available.
    This program is very successful and we thank God. Please email me if you'd like to take part in this important mission for Christ.
    We would exchange a KJV for another Bible if new. However, we prefer KJV Bibles that have been used by people who acknowledge the KJV is not the best Bible for today.

Peace and Take Care [​IMG]

5. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

We are proud to announce our Manna trade-in program. Bring in your old tired manna, and we will replace it with a bucket of quail. Just don't choke.

6. bapmom

bapmom New Member

So you throw them away....be honest in your terminology.

By "recycle" them, you mean those companies take perfectly good Bibles and reuse the paper for things like....what? Toilet paper? Napkins perhaps? Maybe some of those brown paper grocery bags that we all wind up using as temporary trash bags........

Whether you are KJVo or not is beside the point when it comes to this issue. The King James Version is just as much the Word of God as any other version. Even those who are NOT KJVO admit that pretty freely.

I cannot believe that this is being done by any real church. I also am very thankful that only one other person would come on here and say they would actually support throwing out Bibles so they can be used for toilet paper.

I HOPE that the person who did respond as such, did not realize what he was saying.

7. Marco

Marco Guest

I have heard of this program two years back before I was a Christian. I believe they give the King James Bibles to other Bible manufacturers that don't print the KJV. I haven't been on the boards long, but bapmom you seem so angry. I think Jude is trying to help Christians. You seemed so nice to me when I wrote. You helped me. You said you can't believe this is being done by a "real" church. I saw the program two years ago in Vancouver and it was supported by many different Churches. They seemed like nice people, but at the time I wasn't too interested. Jude tries to be gentle with you, but then you throw out these words he never said like "do you burn them, Bibles for toilet paper, you think he's condescending." I don't know, maybe these boards are not for me the new Christian. Take care.

8. bapmom

bapmom New Member

He said companies that RECYCLE them, Marco, not reprinting them as another version.

Recycle here in the states means melt the paper down and reuse it for other purposes....one common use for recycled paper is toilet paper and brown paper bags.

If he means something else by it, then hopefully he'd have said something else instead.

Marco, yes, Im angry over the way this person talks. He has not been kind to me, he has been condescending. I understand the language he is using, and Im sorry if you are getting the impression that Im ALWAYS angry....which I am not.

Treating the Bible this way though, THAT makes me angry. And I think it ought to make all Christians angry. It makes me angry that people would give up their Bible and let it be used in such a way. It makes me upset that other churches are doing this. Its completely without excuse to treat the Bible this way....no matter what version it is being done to.

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I am a KJVO, and I've seen some "sneeky" things Satan has promoted, but I believe this "take the cake".

Ge 3:1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD
    God had made.

Subtil,
    Marked by or requiring mental keeness,
    not open or direct, Crafty, sly,
    Delicately suggestive, not grossly obviously,
    working insidiously, not easily detected.

Satan would make a "Jim dandy" car salesman,

Trade in your "Infalliable car" for one that is "Falliable".

I wonder how many will "FALL" for this "deception"??

10. jw

jw New Member

Uhm, I didn't see anything about using them as toilet paper. I did see "recycle" however.

What do you do when you have a bible that is old and falling apart? Put it on a shelf and worship it? Have it bronzed? I've got several sitting on my shelf that I can't bring myself to throw in the trash can. But if they were recycled I'd be ok with that.

11. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I mean no offense here, but can think of no other way to word this:

It's stupid and arrogant program.

There, I said it. I feel much better now.

12. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Bibles are sacred because they are God's word.

But it isn't the ink, paper or binding that is sacred, but what it does to your heart.

I have no problems with recycling the paper in old bibles that are no longer reusable and have no museum or archival value.

I agree that a program specifically to get KJVs out of circulation is arrogant.

13. bapmom

bapmom New Member

When I have a Bible thats old and tattered I consider it to be even more valuable. It has notes in it that have been made over the years, things underlined that meant alot to me at the time, and places where I learned things along my CHristian life.
    I might put them on my shelf, but there are companies that will rebind your Bible....and Ive been known to fix mine on my own before. A hot glue gun does wonders sometimes.

We need to get back to the place where we respect and honor the Words of God. It used to be the scribes wouldn't use anything but a brand new pen to write each page of Scripture. They showed it respect, this is not worship, and Im not advocating worshipping the paper. :rolleyes:

But we ought to have more respect for God's Word than to just give it to a recycle company.

14. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Neither do I. But that's not what's happenning. If they took in any old bible for recycling, regardless of the translation, then it would be different.

15. Marco

Marco Guest

Oh, I'm sorry bapmom. Well maybe we can look at it like at least the King James Bible's that are being brought in are not just sitting in a basement collecting dust. Maybe a new Bible in the exchange will encourage them to read daily. I don't know. You guys are both babies. I just don't see how anyone can win either way. I'm sure it doesn't hurt to keep your KJV, and on the other hand it sure doesn't help making the KJV Only crowd mad.

I meant "babies" in a nice way.

16. jw

jw New Member

True, true. It does seem like kind of a useless ministry to only do it for KJVs.

17. Petrel

Petrel New Member

I agree. The paper is not sacred. I have Bibles that are old that I keep because of sentimental value (my KJV is one! :D ), but I've also had Bibles that I've plain worn out that were falling in pieces that I threw away.

I suppose I could have ritualistically burned them like an old flag. However, I don't think that would have done really made any material difference. Rituals like burning an old flag as a sign of respect are just things that we have made up as an outward sign of our inward feelings. So someone might decide to dispose of old Bibles in a certain way because that ceremony has significance to them, but another person who has the same respect for God's Word might dispose of them in an entirely different fashion just as appropriately.

I agree targeting KJV specifically is a bit much! I'd encourage new believers to try a version that's easier to read, but I wouldn't try to take their KJV's away!

18. Gold Dragon

Gold Dragon Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Those are definitely bibles with a lot of archival value.

19. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since I don't see the name of his church, his organization or a link to either, spose he's yankin yer chain? And ifen he is - doin mighty good job of it?

Dun no, less I missed something in my reading.

There are groups recycling, and using that term, by taking Bibles and sending them to third world countries.

20. Marco

Marco Guest

exscentric: I have seen this Program in Vancouver 2 years ago. There are like dozens of Churches involved. I remember passing table upon table of Bible groups exchanging these Bibles. But it was two years. Perhaps just write Jude for the info. Take care.