1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJV vs. NIV

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by Soulman, May 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

Luke 4:4 Hebrews 4:12

King JamesBible "And Jesus answered him, saying, It is written, That man shall not live by bread alone but by every word of God.NIV,"All delete but by every word of God."

King James Bible "For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.NIV, "All delete quick and powerful and insert active"
    Mat. 8:11, Lk. 5:29, Mat. 11:26, Lk. 10:21, Jn. 7:8, Acts 11:24,26, Col. 2:13, 2 Thes. 2:3, Acts 25:20, Acts 27:30, Acts 19:23. over 6,000 changes [for Thine is the kingdom" – Matt. 6:13.] These distinctions from the original manuscripts are lost in the new versions.Look at this! Yet for all that, the learned know that certain worthy men have been brought to untimely death for none other fault, but for seeking to reduce their countrymen to good order and discipline; and that in some Commonwealths it was made a capital crime, once to motion the making of a new Law for the abrogating of an old, though the same were most pernicious; And that certain, which would be counted pillars of the State, and patterns of Virtue and Prudence, could not be brought for a long time to give way to good Letters and refined speech, but bare themselves as averse from them, as from rocks or boxes of poison; And fourthly, that he was no babe, but a great clerk, that gave forth (and in writing to remain to posterity) in passion peradventure, but yet he gave forth, that he had not seen any profit to come by any Synod, or meeting of the Clergy, but rather the contrary; And lastly, against Church-maintenance and allowance, in such sort, as the Ambassadors and messengers of the great King of Kings should be furnished, it is not unknown what a fiction or fable (so it is esteemed, and for no better by the reporter himself, though superstitious) was devised;Namely, that at such a time as the professors and teachers of Christianity in the Church of Rome, then a true Church, were liberally endowed, a voice forsooth was heard from heaven, saying: Now is poison poured down into the Church, etc. Thus not only as oft as we speak, as one saith, but also as oft as we do anything of note or consequence, we subject ourselves to everyone's censure, and happy is he that is least tossed upon tongues; for utterly to escape the snatch of them it is impossible. If any man conceit, that this is the lot and portion of the meaner sort only, and that Princes are privileged by their high estate, he is deceived. As the sword devoureth as well one as the other, as it is in Samuel [2 Sam 11:25], nay as the great Commander charged his soldiers in a certain battle, to strike at no part of the enemy, but at the face; And as the King of Syria commanded his chief Captains to fight neither with small nor great, save only against the King of Israel: [1 Kings 22:31] so it is too true, that Envy striketh most spitefully at the fairest, and at the chiefest. David was a worthy Prince, and no man to be compared to him for his first deeds, and yet for as worthy as act as ever he did (even for bringing back the Ark of God in solemnity) he was scorned and scoffed at by his own wife [2 Sam 6:16]. Solomon was greater than David, though not in virtue, yet in power: and by his power and wisdom he built a Temple to the Lord, such a one as was the glory of the land of Israel, and the wonder of the whole world. But was that his magnificence liked of by all? We doubt of it. Otherwise, why do they lay it in his son's dish, and call unto him for easing of the burden, Make, say they, the grievous servitude of thy father, and his sore yoke, lighter. [1 Kings 12:4] Belike he had charged them with some levies, and troubled them with some carriages; Hereupon they raise up a tragedy, and wish in their heart the Temple had never been built. So hard a thing it is to please all, even when we please God best, and do seek to approve ourselves to everyone's conscience. The Patriotist - KJV Preface:Fish:

#161 william s. correa, Jun 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

No Salamander, I did not judge his motives, I read his words and let them stand on their own. It was he who judge salvation of others by the translation they used.

And it is you who has joined him in that ungodly endeavor. You have no idea the ratio of lost and saved between churches who are KJVO and those who use the NIV. You only have your biased, narrow, uninformed judgmental attitude toward anything that is not the KJV. You sir are not God---stop acting like you are.

Bro Tony

3. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

William,

Keep cutting and pasting that drivel from the KJVO websites. It doesn't make it true. You have already shown your lack of discerning credible sources when you started quoting Ruckman.

Bro Tony

4. william s. correa

What?

1 Corinthians 9:18King James Bible What is my reward then? Verily that, when I preach the gospel, I may make the gospel of Christ without charge, that I abuse not my power in the gospel.NIV, NAS
    RSV
    "All change Christ to It. NKJ inserts Christ, but with their idiotic footnote that says it does not belong there."

#164 william s. correa, Jun 7, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2006
  5. william s. correa

What?

I never Quoted Peter Ruckman he is not a kind individual! Peter Ruckman is engaging in the mass distribution of falsehood regarding the Bible and its translation, I will point out his errors, despite how unpleasant the task may be! I was Qouting Oreilley!James White,and alpha and omega ministries! Richard Power

6. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Sorry fellas, I am tired of all the same old attacks and nonsense. This thread has gone on far too long and there is no profit in it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.