1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJVO is starting to spread beyond the English language.

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by mioque, May 5, 2004.

1. mioque

mioque New Member

But than you guys already knew that. I found the following interesting.

"A.      This is their Bible —Their faith is being threatened not yours.  It is the foundation of everything they have done for however many years they have served God.  They have seen God bless their ministry, their churches, their lives and their homes through the careful study and preaching of the very Bible you so callously attack and insult.  It is easy for you to attack something that your very faith does not depend on.  You do not feel threatened or feel the need to validate your many years of ministry.  To you it is just an argument, your means of making your mark on our generation.  Their reaction is understandable and predictable when you put yourself in their shoes.  In their minds they say: “What makes your Bible right, and mine wrong?”  Therefore they attack your Bible without any hidden liberal agenda, but out of a desperate and undeniable need to defend that which has solaced them through their difficult times and strengthened them in their times of weakness and has guided them in their times of confusion.  So don’t be so harsh on them for attacking your Bible—remember, you started it by attacking theirs!

B.   Who is King James? —Now if you had said Rey Fernando or Reina Isabella then they could have maybe sat up and taken notice.  But...King James?  Who is that?  They would not know His Royal Majesty from Adam!  Understand that to them, King James has no authority.  They do not know the rich and beautiful history behind our Authorized 1611 King James Bible, and frankly, they do not care.  They have their own rich history to discuss.

C.   Why is it that the “Great White Hope” always has the answers for the rest of the world? —American missionaries go to their countries, start churches, preach the Gospel to them, and lead them to Christ; for which they are truly grateful.  However, they soon come to realize that the missionary has come not only to change their lives and destiny, but also their culture.  They soon realize that there is only one way to do things, and that is the “American” way.  As pastors, they cannot be trusted to direct their own people, in some cases finding themselves, not as pastors, but rather as puppets.  So now on top of all that you want to change their Bible as well, and they more often then not will reach the conclusion, and rightly so, that you have gone too far this time.

D.   If you cannot even read or speak their language how can you judge it?—Now I know you think that this is a non-issue, but like it or not it is a very real issue with those that you are insulting and attacking.  It would be extreme arrogance to tell Michael Jordan how to play basketball if you never got off the bench (or off the living room couch as would be the case for most of us); it would be ridiculous to tell Tiger Woods how to play golf if we do not even know what a bogie or an eagle is; it would be foolishness for me to be a critic of Italian literature if I cannot even read it. By the same token, it is ludicrous for you to think yourself qualified to criticize the Spanish Bible if you cannot even read it.  Of course, the real problem is that we would not even have this problem or division, if we eliminated all of the non-Hispanic voices and pocketbooks.  Because, trust me, a couple of Hispanic “poster children” that promote the movement have been very ineffective in making this an “Hispanic” problem.  It is still unquestionably an American problem.  There would be no one to champion your cause if you took your mouths AND your money out of it."
    http://www.amen.net/lb/english/ahousedivided.htm

2. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for the link. Long read, but rnjoyed it. Don't agree with the author (KJV is the ONLY English version; all others perversions) for sure, but interesting to see the mentality of someone in another language group.

KJVo is insidious. It elevates Jacobean English to the level of inspiration. We have folks in our church to whom English is a THIRD language. When they read and study, they do it in a native tongue, with a native-language bible.

For which we praise God.

3. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Fascinating stuff. And which Florida pastor's fingerprints are on this?

CALVIN GEORGE ARTICLE

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    rsr, say it isn't so. This is a joke right?

HankD

5. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ed, Another double-speak standard!

We are criticised for the promotion of learning Hebrew/Greek of the original mss for a better understanding of God's Word but Latinos must learn 1611 English to have God's Word: "the KJV should be the standard also for Latin Americans".

HankD

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    No joke, Hank, though I obvously can't vouch for the quotes myself.

Apparently this is a seething issue among Spanish-speaking Baptists in the United States.

Many more links:

LINKS

And this should sound familiar:

WHICH SPANISH BIBLE IS CORRECT?

7. Orvie

Orvie New Member

How does one say, Nehushtan Pickled Version Sect en Espanol? :eek: :rolleyes: :eek:

8. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

I guess that is one way of teaching them English. :rolleyes:

9. mioque

mioque New Member

I liked this bit displaying Ruckman's unbelievable arrogance.

"When I wrote to Ruckman in 1985 and told him these things, he wrote back and said that I don’t understand the battle. Dr. Ruckman claims that those who reject his attitude and language are pacifists who don’t know the heat of the battle.

That is a smokescreen. By the time that Ruckman charged me with not understanding “the battle,” I had lived for six years and preached the gospel and planted a church in a land which was strictly and officially opposed to the gospel. We lived constantly with the fear that we could be arrested. Not only was Nepal one of the strangest, poorest, and most difficult lands to live in, but it was a Hindu state and Christianity was outlawed. Further, I was standing practically alone in that entire part of the world for the preserved Bible and for fundamentalist Baptist doctrine. My literature made me more visible than otherwise would have been the case. Our magazines and books went out across most of South Asia. I was slandered; labeled a cult leader; lied about; mocked. I was brought to trial by a group of Christian leaders in Nepal (including the head of Campus Crusade for Christ in Nepal, the pastor of the Assemblies of God in Kathmandu, the head of Youth for Christ in Nepal, and the head of the Bible Society of Nepal) and was told to leave because I was said to be “the greatest hindrance to the cause of Christ in Nepal.” They said I was dividing “the body of Christ in Nepal.” The Bible Society man claimed that I was resisting God because I had taken a stand against the Nepali equivalent of the Today’s English Version (Good News for Modern Man). The Roman Catholic Jesuit priests had meetings about me and took steps to hinder my ministry."
    http://www.wayoflife.org/articles/ruckman.htm

Ruckman sitting on his behind in sunny Florida knows more about battle than a missionary out there in Nepal. :rolleyes: :D

10. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    But would that be Standard English (sorry Skan [​IMG] ) or Florida Flatlander English?

HankD

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Truly, truly (or verily, verily) SAD.

Matthew 28:19-20 Ruckman Version

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations Jacobean English, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you AND Jacobean English commanded by St Peter of Pensacola . . . "

12. DeafPosttrib

DeafPosttrib New Member

Dr. Griffin,

[​IMG] [​IMG] You are so funny!

13. saul^paul

saul^paul New Member

mioque,

http://www.amen.net/lb/english/ahousedivided.htm

From what i can tell by the article majority of his arguements are based on his experiences rather than facts although i do agree in some points but not many. His article might have been more persuasive if he had focused more on Textual Problems like the differences between the TR and WH.

Well i agree Hispanics do not get caught up in controversial issues like the bible come to think of it they very seldom have controversy over anything besides who is going to win the next soccer match.

14. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Without hesitation, I shall call the arguments of Jeff Mc Ardle & Robert breaker PURE APOSTATE HERESY!!!!!!!!!!!!

For whose sins did Jesus NOT die for? Where in Scripture, from the KJV or any other valid Bible, is any people or nation excluded from possibility of salvation? What parts of "whosoever" or "all men" don't they understand?

Since Mc Ardle's and Breaker's articles are in clear contradiction of Scripture, they are thus heresy and apostasy. Thanx, RSR, for posting them!

15. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Amazing.......
    Can you imagine the perception the people have of this guy, coming over to their country, and telling them that their Bible is corrupt - that the accuracy of "God's Word in Spanish" is contingent upon the extent to which it agrees with the English 1769 Revision?

Can you say "stumbling block?"

16. mioque

mioque New Member

"come to think of it &lt;Hispanics&gt; very seldom have controversy over anything besides who is going to win the next soccer match. "
    "
    This seems to border on racism.