1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

KJVO

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by skanwmatos, Jul 18, 2004.

1. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

How very odd! I had posted this earlier but it just disappeared from the board. It just vanished!

<snipped by moderator - comments reffered to a closed thread in which was closed because of thse comments>
    I have been a Baptist virtually my whole life and I can assure you that is not a "Baptist" term. It is a term employed by some in the "fundamentalist" camp who have a defective understanding of the gospel.
    That depends on what you mean by "Calvinist." Do I read Calvin or get my doctrine from Calvin? No. Do I believe in biblical soteriology? Yes.

If you will be more specific in your question I will be able to be more specific in my answers.

[ July 19, 2004, 02:32 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

2. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

"Are you a Calvinist" seems like a pretty reasonable question; we all know the meaning of the term.

I'll happily answer that I am not a Calvinist!

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Excellent!

4. skanwmatos

skanwmatos New Member

Really? What does the term mean to you? By not being a Calvinist does that mean you deny the eternal security of the believer, or that you are a universalist, believing that all people everywhere will eventually be saved?

5. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

If this is going to be a debate about Calvinism, should it not be in the Calvinism Forum?

6. Craigbythesea

Craigbythesea Active Member

I'm not a Calvinist :eek: ; I'm a Bible-believing Christian [​IMG] ! And no, I'm not KJO either [​IMG] .

7. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

If you were to ask the majority of people about calvinism they would admit they have not read Calvin's Institutes. Calvin was not so much of a calvinist as others make him out to be.

8. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ditto for Arminianism. Most people, myself included, definitely do not read a lot of Calvin or Arminius.

9. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

This thread is not on the topic of versions/translations.

Closed.