1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

'Knowing' Christ

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by SpiritualMadMan, May 26, 2004.

1. SpiritualMadMan

SpiritualMadMan New Member

I have been challenged recently while reading a 'rather dangerous little book by Watchman Nee', titled, "Christ - The Sum of All Things Spiritual"

At any rate the scripture Paul write's
    I was thinking about a possible dichotomy of having been given the Power to Become a Child of God, Having Been adopted into God's Family, but then not maintaining the relationship of truly 'Knowing' Christ Jesus and Him Crucified...

That knowing Christ is a pre-requisite for also knowing resurrection Power...

Some random thoughts include...

I am my mothers son... Fact
    My mom lives about 40 minutes away... Fact
    I (say) I love my mom... Fact
    But, I almost never call her or go for a visit...

I remain her son... But, the relationship is lacking...

I am married to my wife who loves me deeeply...

Now, if we were to stop communicating, I dare say we would drift apart...

If we were to drift apart long enough... One or the other of us might seek a substitute...

Now consider our relationship to Christ... How is our communciation?

No I am not talking about prayer of petition but rather Mary-like prayers of Love and adoration at His feet...

No I am not talking about singing great operetta's in the general congregation... But, that quiet little love song in the night...

I am not talking about praising Him before men but honestly looking at what has been done in our lives and telling Jesus to His face thanks! You did good...

We, as humans, are so busy doing, getting, and being, that we forget about the one on one with Jesus, simply because He is family and it's neat to just sit there and spend time with Him...

I am reminded of
    Not only are we supposed to not have any other 'god' relations... (Virgin)

But, we aren't even supposed to be 'Flirting' (Chaste)

Do I 'flirt' with other God's in my hobbies and free time...

Do I 'flirt' with leadership power or position in the local church...

I don't know if this is making any sense or not...

But, for me, I can see where I need to take a 'Mary' break and just enjoy being my Elder Brother's brother. [​IMG]

2. Bro Tony

Bro Tony New Member

Thank you SpiritualMadMan,

What a great way to start this day. Your post was refreshing, challenging and humbling. I think I will take a "Mary break" and just enjoy Jesus today.

God bless you in a big way today,
    Bro Tony

3. Dan Todd

Dan Todd Active Member

SMM - excellent musings - caused me to think about what you said!

Dan

4. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The biggest issue is Christ "knowing" me! On that, I rest 100% assurance of my redemption.

But you are right in reminding me of "knowing" Christ. Not just in a "gnosko" factual way, but in an "oida" intimate way.